What's Holding Back Small Business?

Obama gets stands in front of a microphone every day and trashes employers. He trashes their national advocacy organization. He accuses the of being foreign agents.

Fuck the little marxist.

Let's see how his little revolution works if the job creation class tells him to shove it up his ass.

that must be it!

Click your heels together 3 times and say "there is no ObamaCare!" "Energy prices are falling" "Banks are lending and businesses are growing"

Right. So I'll ask the question again because no one has answered it. Why isn't it showing up in the surveys conducted by the small business trade organization? Its a very reasonable argument to make that government policy has unsettled business. So why isn't it showing up in the survey?

This isn't a survey done by the ALF-CIO or Mother Jones. It's done by the NFIB. Its done by small business themselves.

recovery will start when the Progressive Wehrmacht is defeated in November

NO.

It won't. The biggest economic tsunamis we have yet to face are far larger than what has occurred so far and they are still on the horizon. SS and Medicare, along with crippling debt service loom.

There is nothing that any other candidate can do about them that doesn't create equally large problems.

NO.

It won't. The biggest economic tsunamis we have yet to face are far larger than what has occurred so far and they are still on the horizon. SS and Medicare, along with crippling debt service loom.

There is nothing that any other candidate can do about them that doesn't create equally large problems.

I had dinner with a guy tonight who is a noted expert in banking. He told me that banks are starting to gear up lending again. He said that QE2 is depressing net interest margin, which is forcing banks to deploy capital into regular loans. I am highly skeptical that QE2 will work but he is more confident.

What is holding back small business?

Umm the recession, many existing small businesses are struggling just to survive. Fior them expansion is out of the question until consumers get more money to waste.

that must be it!

Click your heels together 3 times and say "there is no ObamaCare!" "Energy prices are falling" "Banks are lending and businesses are growing"

Right. So I'll ask the question again because no one has answered it. Why isn't it showing up in the surveys conducted by the small business trade organization? Its a very reasonable argument to make that government policy has unsettled business. So why isn't it showing up in the survey?

This isn't a survey done by the ALF-CIO or Mother Jones. It's done by the NFIB. Its done by small business themselves.

Everyone know small business don't care about costs! ObamaCare? So what!

Gas is up? So what?

Small business are rich man!

They make more than $250K! They exploit the proletariat for their profits!

The bottom line is that small business is just not bottom line oriented

NO.

I had dinner with a guy tonight who is a noted expert in banking. He told me that banks are starting to gear up lending again. He said that QE2 is depressing net interest margin, which is forcing banks to deploy capital into regular loans. I am highly skeptical that QE2 will work but he is more confident.

KissMy and John Williams say the money supply is growing again. M3 specifically. We are still way in over our credit limit and we have no hope against our unfunded liabilities.

They are rioting everyday in Europe over cuts to their safety net programs. It's coming here too.

that must be it!

Gas is up? So what?

So you don't have an answer then?

NO.

KissMy and John Williams say the money supply is growing again. M3 specifically. We are still way in over our credit limit and we have no hope against our unfunded liabilities.

They are rioting everyday in Europe over cuts to their safety net programs. It's coming here too.

fredgraph.png

that must be it!

Gas is up? So what?

at some point, saying "i don't know" is a serviceable answer.

at some point, doing your little mau mau dance on obama starts to get old.

we're there.

if you don't want to/ can't answer a reasonable question asked sincerely, shut the fuck up, otay?

Gas is up? So what?

So you don't have an answer then?

The only thing that makes sense from what you've said is that small business is totally clueless about costs, nothing else fits the "facts" They just don't care about health care or energy costs or regulation, they must be impervious to all of it

No, they're not average. Employers are getting creamed with massive new health care mandates.

I see no reason why it wouldn't be true. So why isn't it showing up in the data when surveyed?

The question of why they are not hiring wasn't asked, that's why it's not showing up in the data. Also, this chart cannot answer the question for the current time since it's latest data is almost a year old.

Last edited:
The only thing that makes sense from what you've said is that small business is totally clueless about costs, nothing else fits the "facts" They just don't care about health care or energy costs or regulation, they must be impervious to all of it

You might be right. But if they are impervious to the costs, then that wouldn't be holding them back.

Don't get me wrong. The more costs you saddle on business, the less they are going to hire. But I don't think this is what is really holding back business.

It might be to some extent, but when you consider that nearly half of the 9 million jobs lost were directly or indirectly related to the housing and mortgage industries, and when you consider that nearly half the jobs created in 2003-07 were directly or indirectly related to housing and mortgage industry, those are jobs that aren't coming back, even if you slashed taxes to zero and stripped away every regulation off the books.

New Topics

Forum List

Back