What's been going on with the site?

I just wish everything would go back to working! just tried to send a pm and the board wouldn't let! :sad:

think this person's going to say hello to us?

Go to your user CP and you can send one. When you hit submit it will come up with the error page, but the other person will get it. You can read them the same way by accessing them thru User CP. It's a pain in the ass, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Growing pains happen with change of commands.;)

Go to your user CP and you can send one. When you hit submit it will come up with the error page, but the other person will get it. You can read them the same way by accessing them thru User CP. It's a pain in the ass, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Growing pains happen with change of commands.;)

That doesn't work this time..

Hi.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to fix the PM issue, there is a different urgent issue I am working on at the moment.

So let's see... I am female, so kudos to those who didn't assume a male owner ;) I'm shy :)

I wasn't aware of the history of this board... wow... I guess it's common with forums in general. They can be sort of difficult to own, especially for a general webmaster. That would include me, unfortunately I am not so great at all these techie things. I am generally hands-off, but want this forum to do well.

More later...

Amy

Welcome to the forum, Amy.

...and thus begins a new chapter in the story of USMB.....

Hi.

I'm sorry it's taking so long to fix the PM issue, there is a different urgent issue I am working on at the moment.

So let's see... I am female, so kudos to those who didn't assume a male owner ;) I'm shy :)

I wasn't aware of the history of this board... wow... I guess it's common with forums in general. They can be sort of difficult to own, especially for a general webmaster. That would include me, unfortunately I am not so great at all these techie things. I am generally hands-off, but want this forum to do well.

More later...

Amy

Welcome aboard, Amy!

Thank you... nice to meet you guys :) And gals.

I guess I'd like to get more of a rundown on this site's history.

And what would be the top (feasible) changes you'd like to see?

Thank you... nice to meet you guys :) And gals.

I guess I'd like to get more of a rundown on this site's history.

And what would be the top (feasible) changes you'd like to see?

LOL! Read through the announcement forum for the past year or so or pm dr. Grump.

J/K This was a great site more than a year ago. I was a mod at that time. It was sold to a 'kid' who had high dreams, but wasn't ready to rumble with the members. He sold it, after making me an admin, which caused way more trouble than it was worth, as my tech abilities are lower than yours, trust me.

Then it was sold again, to he who sold it to you. After the unhappy ones voiced their say, I was let go, to the betterment of all.

Since then, it's floundering.

So welcome. It seems you are sort of hands off? Well GunnyL, Shattered, and Jillian should do very well.

LOL! Read through the announcement forum for the past year or so or pm dr. Grump.

J/K This was a great site more than a year ago. I was a mod at that time. It was sold to a 'kid' who had high dreams, but wasn't ready to rumble with the members. He sold it, after making me an admin, which caused way more trouble than it was worth, as my tech abilities are lower than yours, trust me.

Then it was sold again, to he who sold it to you. After the unhappy ones voiced their say, I was let go, to the betterment of all.

So welcome. It seems you are sort of hands off? Well GunnyL, Shattered, and Jillian should do very well.

Floundering? Funny all I have seen since coming here is new members.

Floundering? Funny all I have seen since coming here is new members.

Ok, I didn't mean that the way it sounded. Yes, lots of new, but we need to have them stay. I really wasn't trying to dis anyone, including myself.

There's more about me in a new thread.

This is a bit overwhelming to me, never taken over a site like this before :)

So is it safe to assume that the previous attempts to place ads on the site were annoying/intrusive and/or failures? It seems to be a problem with most types of sites, if you don't make them intrusive then they don't get clicked. Not that I have plans to add anything for a while, but would be good to know. And the Inner Sanctum could just be removed from the site for now, nobody using it?

Do all users not have access to The Taunting Area? And what is The Trash Can section for, if anything in particular?

And whatever else you want to say...

Thanks in advance for the info. PM info if you'd rather.

Floundering? I'm not sure why you would try to give that misimpression.
The only thing that made this site "flounder" was greggie coming on and making ridiculous changes that ran off most of the old members, including myself.

The truth? The site did much better with Scooter than it did with Greggie who thought adults needed to be censored and disciplined and couldn't look at grown up emoticons. (the ones we have no were greggie's and I think it annoyed a lot of us when he changed them).

I'm sorry, K.... what does shattered have to do with anything? You mean Shogun?

Well, why would adults need heavy-handedness? They're adults, after all.

There's more about me in a new thread.

This is a bit overwhelming to me, never taken over a site like this before :)

So is it safe to assume that the previous attempts to place ads on the site were annoying/intrusive and/or failures? It seems to be a problem with most types of sites, if you don't make them intrusive then they don't get clicked. Not that I have plans to add anything for a while, but would be good to know. And the Inner Sanctum could just be removed from the site for now, nobody using it?

Do all users not have access to The Taunting Area? And what is The Trash Can section for, if anything in particular?

And whatever else you want to say...

Thanks in advance for the info. PM info if you'd rather.

Members can see The Taunting Arena, The Conspiracy Theory area and Trash Can, but someone casually viewing the site as a guest cannot. They were set up for when people want to have "slugfests" as it were, but don't want to disrupt normal threads. Seemed a good idea, rather than start deleting posts or chastizing posters. Gunny can probably speak more to the logistics and criteria of what goes in there.

Floundering? I'm not sure why you would try to give that misimpression.
The only thing that made this site "flounder" was greggie coming on and making ridiculous changes that ran off most of the old members, including myself.

The truth? The site did much better with Scooter than it did with Greggie who thought adults needed to be censored and disciplined and couldn't look at grown up emoticons. (the ones we have no were greggie's and I think it annoyed a lot of us when he changed them).

I'm sorry, K.... what does shattered have to do with anything? You mean Shogun?

Well, why would adults need heavy-handedness? They're adults, after all.

I'm sorry, I though Shattered was an admin. now? I left Shogun off.

Don't worry ladies... if I may quote Bob Dylan

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.

Although, to be fair, I was a big fan of laissez-faire moderating without using my status as a retributive solution. It's too bad that is not a quality some of USMB appriciates.

Sing WITH Me!

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door..

:cool:

Forum List

Back