What would have happened to Social Security had Dubya got his way to invest it on Wall St?

william104

Oct 16, 2018
Well had he got his way with that, he would have done the job of current repukes tried to do at gutting Social Security. This among other reasons Social Security should be in a lock box in order to protect it from GOPer tyrants and thieves.

The politicians in Washington would not have been able to spend every dime we pay into SS that's what. They owe us over $2 trillion dollars that they 'borrowed' from SS but they have no way of paying us back.

Really? Had Social Security been invested in the S&P 500 during the Bush presidency, as of today the fund would have at least doubled by now. So you’re are against making the Social Security fund grow?

Well had he got his way with that, he would have done the job of current repukes tried to do at gutting Social Security. This among other reasons Social Security should be in a lock box in order to protect it from GOPer tyrants and thieves.

What would have happened to Social Security had Dubya got his way to invest it on Wall St?

A dollar invested in the S&P 500 on January 1st, 2005 with dividends reinvested is now worth $3.25
It'd be in much better shape than it is currently.

William, I had forgotten about that. I was against the proposal mainly because I am not a risk taker. Even close friends don't want me a a euchre partner. And this week seems to be a validation of why. Thanks for the reminder.

A dollar invested in the S&P 500 on January 1st, 2005 with dividends reinvested is now worth $3.25

You're wasting your time. The OP is obviously an investment illiterate

Last edited:
William, I had forgotten about that. I was against the proposal mainly because I am not a risk taker. Even close friends don't want me a a euchre partner. And this week seems to be a validation of why. Thanks for the reminder.

Another myopic idiot. Social security would be MUCH MUCH better off had the money been in the stock market since Bush’s presidency. Maybe people don’t want you as a euchre partner because you’re short sighted and an idiot.

That's not what W proposed. He proposed privatizing part of SS so that individuals could invest on their own behalf.

That's not what W proposed. He proposed privatizing part of SS so that individuals could invest on their own behalf.

Aw shucks, now you have ruined the OP’s day. He doesn’t understand investing nor remembers history.

Yeah, that Social Security really is paying a whopper of a paycheck. $1,500 a month, whooohooo. Of course if I had my hands on that money I would have it up over another $1,000,000 and having it give a $100,000 dividend yearly...Oh well, liberals, definately can live without them....

Aw shucks, now you have ruined the OP’s day. He doesn’t understand investing nor remembers history.

To remember history, one must first learn it.

Really? Had Social Security been invested in the S&P 500 during the Bush presidency, as of today the fund would have at least doubled by now. So you’re are against making the Social Security fund grow?
Of course the liberal is against anyone making money, except the liberal elite who rule his sorry ass. With money, comes responsibility and no lazy ass liberals wants that job. They want someone else to tell them what to do, to eat, when to go to bed, hold their hand when the piss. Liberals have never grown up.

Welcome to Little AB's website

If they didn't put Food Stamps into the Social Security
program everything would be fine.

Food Stamps and Welfare.

Once the program had to feed and support the Black Bums,
there wasn';t a whole lot left for the people that had paid into
it.

The "trust" would not be empty and there would be about a 400% return on what was invested.

Why do you ask? The market was 11000 at the time.

You're wasting your time. The OP is obviously an investment illiterate

The OP is a lefty.

Forum List

Back