What words should be taken off the unspoken list of cuss words?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I hear people using cuss words quite frequently without blinking an eye. Many words that are considered to be cuss words or profane words are such only because they are on the unspoken "forbidden" word list. Being on this list gives the words power which makes people want to use the words even more.
Two words I vote to take off the list are "Fuck" and "Shit" and variations of those two words.

What say you?

All cuss words are mild except for the C word.

Also, the Pedo word. That's beyond offensive.

Last edited:
I hear people using cuss words quite frequently without blinking an eye. Many words that are considered to be cuss words or profane words are such only because they are on the unspoken "forbidden" word list. Being on this list gives the words power which makes people want to use the words even more.
Two words I vote to take off the list are "Fuck" and "Shit" and variations of those two words.

What say you?
Good idea!

What say you?
I am 87 years old.

In the 1960s, I told some people to shut their "d*mn*d" mouths. Those people reported me to my superior, who admonished me.

Even today, I do not say the D-word. And I do not use the F-word or the S-word.

I also do not use the a**hole word.

I am 87 years old.

In the 1960s, I told some people to shut their "d*mn*d" mouths. Those people reported me to my superior, who admonished me.

Even today, I do not say the D-word. And I do not use the F-word or the S-word.

I also do not use the a**hole word.
In a way you just used those words. Why not simply say them is we already know them by first letter?

To me, it doesn't matter how words are labeled. They are going to get used one way or another. I am not a person who swears. The furthest that I will ever go is calling someone a prick when they are one.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I use them all and frequently,but I don’t really like G-D and I’m not even religious but F—k and Sh is just part of my everyday vernacular.

Oh, no!

That would be unseemly.

People of my age still believe in good manners.

Have a nice day!
What makes that good manners. If everyone knows that that the F-Word means "Fuck" when why is saying F-Word any better than saying Fuck?

Young folks who have no respect for anyone including themselves and can barely pass basic English, use the "F" bomb as a substitute for thought.

What makes that good manners. If everyone knows that that the F-Word means "Fuck" when why is saying F-Word any better than saying Fuck?
Well, there is one word that is banned everywhere. We have to refer to it only by its first letter. So well-mannered people should do the same with other words.

Well, there is one word that is banned everywhere. We have to refer to it only by its first letter. So well-mannered people should do the same with other words.
So if I say "F-word you" I am well mannered?

Forum List

Back