What the science says

yep, and color of material matter to aggravate that. yep, I just want to see the test with CO2. that's all. four years in this forum and still not one test provided. BTW, the fact that it gets hotter with the windows closed matters as well. That is a greenhouse effect.
Correct about the color of material, which is why different parts of the Earth heat up faster than others. Why plowed dirt absorbs heat, but snow reflects it.

It's our atmosphere which keeps us warm. Venus has a "runaway" greenhouse effect while the atmosphere on Mars is too thin to retain much heat.

In the past, however, greenhouse gasses did help warm up Mars enough for water to flow....however, not CO2 as this article explains:

Global Warming Once Made Mars a Very Pleasant Place—Until it Didn't
I get a kick out of the folks in here who think they are skeptic and believe CO2 warms the planet. it's hilarious. .04% of anything is like a dot on a flea, and everyone thinks that warms the planet. And again, no one in here has been capable of posting any tested evidence to support this crazy .04% event. I do laugh at them though.

I get a kick out of the folks in here who think they are skeptic and believe CO2 warms the planet. it's hilarious. .04% of anything is like a dot on a flea, and everyone thinks that warms the planet. And again, no one in here has been capable of posting any tested evidence to support this crazy .04% event. I do laugh at them though.
There are 1.6 Billion muslims in the world. If 0.04% of them are terrorists, that's a lot of fucking terrorists! (640,000) :D

CO2 doesn't warm the planet, but a higher concentration of it in the atmosphere will add to the warming of the Earth. As noted several times above, this has many positive aspects. Regardless, it's happening. I doubt we can stop it. Sure, we can stop making factories and become tree-huggers (impossible for all the world's 7.5 Billion people), but the biggest problem is too many people. The solution? A lot less people. Even then, it could take a century or two.

Personally, I'm a big believer in the Serenity prayer and do my best to avoid worrying about shit I can't change.

Meanwhile, the advantage of an endless summer:
Jessica-Simpson-in-Bikini-Top-and-Shorts-2.jpg

Last edited:
There are 1.6 Billion muslims in the world. If 0.04% of them are terrorists, that's a lot of fucking terrorists! (640,000) :D

CO2 doesn't warm the planet, but a higher concentration of it in the atmosphere will add to the warming of the Earth. As noted several times above, this has many positive aspects. Regardless, it's happening. I doubt we can stop it. Sure, we can stop making factories and become tree-huggers (impossible for all the world's 7.5 Billion people), but the biggest problem is too many people. The solution? A lot less people. Even then, it could take a century or two.

Personally, I'm a big believer in the Serenity prayer and do my best to avoid worrying about shit I can't change.

Meanwhile, the advantage of an endless summer:
Jessica-Simpson-in-Bikini-Top-and-Shorts-2.jpg
populate those 640,000 around the globe and you have dots on the surface of the planet. hell just the 7.5 billion population around the globe is just bigger dots. analogy doesn't help you. And the atmosphere is even bigger than the surface, so you're now talking smaller. When someone can point to a hotspot, I would have to reconsider, until then I don't believe.

So you have no evidence, thanks for playing?

If you have an issue with Stefan-Boltzmann, show your evidence.

It’s called reemitted.

A reemitted photon doesn't affect an object that absorbs it? Why not?

nope heat being forced upward to the cold heat-sink

You'll have to explain this "force acting upon heat".
Sounds like something you made up.

heat

Heat is a force? Why do you feel that?

Water vapor is a green house gas?

No it isn’t, no such thing. You can’t prove it.

But...yes water will absorb the IR, never said it didn't

^
You admitted it right there. Are you off your meds?

It absorbs IR, why can't it emit IR?

It’s not heat.

We're not talking about heat, we're talking about IR.
Don't get (more) mixed up.

Yeah you having no evidence.

It’s called reemitted.

A reemitted photon doesn't affect an object that absorbs it? Why not?

You should read.

Heat is a force? Why do you feel that?

Helps a rocket take off.

Water vapor is a green house gas?

no

But...yes water will absorb the IR, never said it didn't

It does, and there is no heat

We're not talking about heat, we're talking about IR.
you said it was heat. No it is not. I’m talking about heat. Conduction and convection

Yeah you having no evidence.

I don't need to prove Stefan-Boltzmann, it's widely accepted.
Don't let that stop you from disproving it though.......

You should read.

I have. That's why your claim is so ridiculous.

Helps a rocket take off.

Heat helps a rocket take off? You are off your meds.

It does, and there is no heat

Water vapor absorbs and emits IR? Excellent!
You've just described a greenhouse gas.

you said it was heat.

Stop using heat and IR interchangeably. It makes you sound ignorant.

I’m talking about heat. Conduction and convection

The discussion is about IR, not conduction and convection. Try to keep up.
It's no wonder why your answers are all wrong.

Don't let that stop you from disproving it though.......
you can’t show evidence of it I understand. Please don’t think that’s going to stop me.

I have. That's why your claim is so ridiculous.

I see you have no test evidence I get it.

Heat helps a rocket take off? You are off your meds.

I’ve never seen ice under a rocket. So yeah it does.

You should take some meds.

You've just described a greenhouse gas.

No such thing, but keep writing it. Doesn’t it make it so.

Stop using heat and IR interchangeably. It makes you sound ignorant.

You said it not me.

The discussion is about IR, not conduction and convection. Try to keep up.

It’s about how the earth stays heated. And heat is what keeps the earth heated

you can’t show evidence of it I understand.

Yeah, I'm not interested in proving widely acknowledged facts.

I’ve never seen ice under a rocket. So yeah it does.

What kind of force does heat exert?

No such thing, but keep writing it.

You said water vapor absorbs and emits IR. What do you think a greenhouse gas does? LOL!

You said it not me.

I never said they were interchangeable. Not even once.

It’s about how the earth stays heated.

Pesky greenhouse gasses.

And heat is what keeps the earth heated

Define heat.

you should watch a rocket take off

You said water vapor absorbs and emits IR. What do you think a greenhouse gas does?
A greenhouse doesn’t use gas, so I have no idea your point.
No such thing, but keep writing it.

I never said they were interchangeable. Not even once.
I never made that comment either. I stated you claimed IR was heat. Here’s the quote.
The gases mix with H2O and the convection and conduction process

I'll take, "What are things that don't have anything to do with radiation?" for $500 Alex.
so can you feel the atmosphere? just curious if you think you do or not.

When you're in a room is there CO2 present? is it touching you?

so can you feel the atmosphere?

Yes, I feel the atmosphere every day.
What does that have to do with your confusion about radiation?

When you're in a room is there CO2 present? is it touching you?

Yes. Yes.
so you feel heat or cold, heat is not radiation so you have no evidence of anything.

so you feel heat

Yes, I can feel IR. Can't you?

heat is not radiation

Why do you feel that?

Pesky greenhouse gasses.
pesky sun, gravity, conduction, convection

Define heat...

Intensity of feeling

I don't need to show evidence of Stefan-Boltzmann.
If you feel like disproving it, feel free.

you should watch a rocket take off

I've watched rockets take off. That's not heat exerting a force. Derp.

You said water vapor absorbs and emits IR. What do you think a greenhouse gas does?

A greenhouse doesn’t use gas,

I've never seen a greenhouse with no gas inside, have you?

so I have no idea your point.

I'll add it to the list of things you have no idea about.

I stated you claimed IR was heat. Here’s the quote.

Thanks, but where did I say IR was heat in that thread?

Define heat...

Intensity of feeling

Intensity of feeling helps a rocket take off?

funny you can't show evidence from a lab experiment IR emitting from CO2 and heating anything.
CO2, O2, H2O nor any other molecule of which I am aware emits heat by itself. It can emit heat in the formation of that molecule or, if heat is applied, there are properties that could cause it it reflect or retain heat.

The "greenhouse" effect of a car's glass is evident to anyone who has opened up a car that has been sitting in the sunlight. It's not the glass causing the heat. If it was, then it would heat even in shadow. It's the properties of the light passing through the glass and heating up materials inside.
yep, and color of material matter to aggravate that. yep, I just want to see the test with CO2. that's all. four years in this forum and still not one test provided. BTW, the fact that it gets hotter with the windows closed matters as well. That is a greenhouse effect.

BTW, the fact that it gets hotter with the windows closed matters as well. That is a greenhouse effect.

Please explain further. Why does it get hotter?

JC456 just keeps getting stupider and stupider. he's not even trying to make sense any more.

ordinarily I would just find it pathetic but in this case he is besmirching the Skeptical Side's reputation with his lunacy.
funny you can't show evidence from a lab experiment IR emitting from CO2 and heating anything.

I'd like to see you prove that IR from CO2 can't heat anything.
You'd win 2 Nobel Prizes for that one!!!

JC456 just keeps getting stupider and stupider. he's not even trying to make sense any more.

ordinarily I would just find it pathetic but in this case he is besmirching the Skeptical Side's reputation with his lunacy.

again, you're asking me to prove what you can't, so the mere fact you won't post that experiment, is my evidence that CO2 doesn't do what you claim. again, feel free to post up that experiment friend. I told you already that Tyndall's experiment did not prove CO2 warmed up anything. I looked for it, couldn't find where he ever recorded any temperatures. feel free to post the one that does. The fact is you can't. you know it too.

again, you're asking me to prove what you can't, so the mere fact you won't post that experiment, is my evidence that CO2 doesn't do what you claim. again, feel free to post up that experiment friend. I told you already that Tyndall's experiment did not prove CO2 warmed up anything. I looked for it, couldn't find where he ever recorded any temperatures. feel free to post the one that does. The fact is you can't. you know it too.

again, you're asking me to prove what you can't

I don't need to prove Stefan-Boltzmann.
I don't care if you do either.

CO2 doesn't do what you claim

I don't need to prove that CO2 absorbs and emits IR.
I don't need to prove that water vapor absorbs and emits IR.

well then until you can prove stefan boltzmann, you and I aren't in agreement. accept it then. Stop responding to my posts with your nonsense that you feel no need to prove. i really don't care either.

And CO2 emitting IR doesn't warm shit, just so you understand my position.

well then until you can prove stefan boltzmann, you and I aren't in agreement. accept it then. Stop responding to my posts with your nonsense that you feel no need to prove. i really don't care either.

well then until you can prove stefan Boltzmann,

Why would I have to prove it? It's been accepted for over 130 years.
Believe it, don't believe it, it matters not.

you and I aren't in agreement.

Based on your widespread ignorance of basic science...absolutely.

And CO2 emitting IR doesn't warm shit

DERP!

DERP!
still waiting for your test that proves CO2 does anything about warming. jeopardy music please.

DERP!
still waiting for your test that proves CO2 does anything about warming. jeopardy music please.

surface-radiation-budgets-p35-color-robinson-499px.png

Chart showing incoming long-wave radiation.
That means IR from the surface was absorbed by GHGs and some of that is returned to the surface.

DERP!

That means IR from the surface was absorbed by GHGs and some of that is returned to the surface.
doesn't make your argument dude. sorry it isn't a test.

DERP!

I realize you are incapable of understanding data.
Thanks ok.

DERP!

Thanks ok.
I understand you don't get test, I understand that.

DERP!

Thanks ok.

Proof that GHGs absorb IR and emit toward the surface, disproving your idiocy, makes you sad.:crybaby:

Thanks ok.

Proof that GHGs absorb IR and emit toward the surface, disproving your idiocy, makes you sad.:crybaby:
that doesn't prove jack shit.

Thanks ok.

What does incoming long-wave radiation suggest to your feeble mind?

Thanks ok.

sunlight?

Thanks ok.

sunlight?

At night?

Forum List

Back