What The Dems Will Do

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Well as the MSM works on the 'damning buts', the talking heads are gearing up:

http://www.balloon-juice.com/archives/004706.html

Pissing on The Parade
I have sifted through all the Democratic talking points, and here are the two that are going to get the most play.

1.) As voiced by Jeralynn Merrit on MSNBC and as discussed here: "Just because ballots were cast it doesn't mean it is going to lead to a democracy."

Of course ballots don't translate directly into a democracy. Saddam Hussein did get 99% of the ballots cast in the last election, and I would hardly argue that Iraq was a democracy. I would, however, stipulate that the franchise is a PRE-REQUISITE for democracy. I am curious- when Democrats make a cake, do they put the icing on first?

2.) "What about the WMD? We went in after the WMD."

We went in for WMD as well as a number of other documented reasons that the left now pretend to forget. But this really isn't an issue, because what is an issue is the inconsistency even in the "What about the WMD" argument. Am I to assume that our deep thinkers on the left were in favor of going into get the WMD, seizing/destroying them, and then leaving a broken shell of Iraq? Of course not- so even though there were no WMD, we still need to fix Iraq.

Whyat is most annoying about this line of argument is that many on the left were right, and Bush was wrong- we would have to engage in nation-building. But now that Bush and the right have embraced nation building, the left cedes their moral authority and begins screaming to "Bring Home The Troops!" Go figure.

Watch for these- Jeralynn is dialed in, she knows the talking points. The talking heads and the Democrats will try to advance these specious arguments in the next couple of days- if you let them.

Regarding the remark that "just because ballots were cast doesn't mean it will lead to democracy", the people being able to make their own choices on the ballot provided was the beginning of democracy in Iraq. As one woman remarked at the voting polls, when Saddam was president they were given ballots to cast that were already marked. In yesterday's election, they were able to mark their own ballots and make their own choices--a significant difference.

You have to remember the same people who think that "just because ballots were cast doesn't mean it will lead to democracy", are the same people who believe that just because Bush won the electoral count, it doesn't mean he is the legitimate president. :funnyface

Don't we all know it! I'll bet deep down, those libs wished they had people like Bush, Condi Rice and Karl Rove in their party instead of Ted Kennedy, Al Gore and John Kerry. I'll take George W. any day over any one of those three!

What is even stranger is J. Kerry shooting his mouth off this past weekend. He is obviously still campaigning (and still losing!). I wonder what Ms. ketchup has to say about it all.

How did you like Kerry's spin on the election results. Talk about looking for the silver living in a storm cloud!

In my opinion, Kerry just made it very clear how out of touch he really is...wait a few days and he will change his position, especially when he sees how the EU is reacting...just remember, I said it here first!

Forum List

Back