What should the verdict be in the Floyd trial?

The mob wants a murder 1, as if the cop planned it for months
The people in that CHAZ should be happy I don't run things. I would put a company of guardsman behind a D-10 and push that shit all the way to the dump while subduing and locking up anyone who stood in opposition. We have laws in this country and there are avenues available for legal recourse that do not involve the usurpation of individual rights by a mob.
What exactly is up with the Autonomous George Floyd zone. Why is LE allowing it to happen?

They aren't, the democrats in charge are allowing it........

How can they allow anarchists to just take over parts of a city with no repercussions?
You mean the Capitol?

Before anybody did anything to him, he was saying...He couldn't breathe.

He was a nine-time loser.

The world is a better place, without him.

Passing a supposed $20 bill? Do you check every bill you get? Do you even know how?
I don't...but I do know how to interact with the police without causing a physical altercation.

It was easy. I didn't have to do anything but stand there. Who can't do that?
So you don’t realize that cops treat you differently than a big black guy...

you don’t realize that cops treat you differently than a big black guy...
No, they don't. Because I'm a big ol' cornfed unshaven redneck...6'2" and 230 lbs.

I've been arrested, handcuffed, and jailed... for assault on less.

Nobody had to subdue me. I didn't argue with the police. I didn't resist arrest. I went to jail, got bailed out Monday morning, made an appointment with the prosecuting attorney, explained what happened, the charges were dropped and I went on with my life.

The main reason people are treated differently has nothing to do with race...it has to do with responsibility, and perhaps a little to do with intelligence.

When I was arrested, I understood the police were doing their job. They didn't become involved of their own accord...someone called them. They have a job to do and I let them do it.

Fighting with the police is stupid. It only cements in their mind your guilt. If you weren't guilty of whatever they were called to investigate, you are now absolutely guilty of resisting arrest and/or assault on a peace officer. Why fight or run if you are innocent? Go to court and make your case.

People like you who excuse this criminal behavior exacerbate the problems.

The solution here is obvious. Don't assault the police and no one is going to restrain you pin the ground by force.

When I was young and dumb I was arrested multiple times...and never got my clothes dirty. Amazing isn't it.

You respect the police, most of the time the police respect you.

Manslaughter.

With what we know now, I think that is a pretty clear cut case of manslaughter and should be easy to get a conviction on. Murder 1 or 2? Not a snowballs chance in hell. I

Another interesting question is weather or not a charge of manslaughter will appease the angry mob. I am betting it will not as they will riot over the fact Chauvin was not convicted of murder if he just gets a manslaughter charge.

Murder 3 is harder, not sure you can establish Chauvin was 'depraved' in this case.

The mob wants a murder 1, as if the cop planned it for months
The people in that CHAZ should be happy I don't run things. I would put a company of guardsman behind a D-10 and push that shit all the way to the dump while subduing and locking up anyone who stood in opposition. We have laws in this country and there are avenues available for legal recourse that do not involve the usurpation of individual rights by a mob.
What exactly is up with the Autonomous George Floyd zone. Why is LE allowing it to happen?
The gutless politicians are afraid and won't support their employees (Police)

Manslaughter.

With what we know now, I think that is a pretty clear cut case of manslaughter and should be easy to get a conviction on. Murder 1 or 2? Not a snowballs chance in hell. I

Another interesting question is weather or not a charge of manslaughter will appease the angry mob. I am betting it will not as they will riot over the fact Chauvin was not convicted of murder if he just gets a manslaughter charge.

Murder 3 is harder, not sure you can establish Chauvin was 'depraved' in this case.
Chauvin did not introduce a fatal dose of fentanyl to George Floyd. That thug had already killed himself. Suicide is not murder or manslaughter.

Manslaughter.

Chauvin did not introduce a fatal dose of fentanyl to George Floyd. That thug had already killed himself. Suicide is not murder or manslaughter.
Nope suicide is not manslaughter.

And your point was......

Because suicide is not what Floyd did nor does it match any of the actual data. What we have is Floyd making a string of really shitty decisions and taking a bunch of drugs putting himself in a bad position.

Then we have Chauvin getting on a power trip and kneeling on the mans neck for 10 minuets. Manslaughter - killing someone through negligence. If Floyd had died in the back of the squad car you might have a point. It took all of it to kill him - the drugs, the resisting arrest and the knee on his neck.

Manslaughter.

And your point was......

Because suicide is not what Floyd did nor does it match any of the actual data. What we have is Floyd making a string of really shitty decisions and taking a bunch of drugs putting himself in a bad position.

Then we have Chauvin getting on a power trip and kneeling on the mans neck for 10 minuets. Manslaughter - killing someone through negligence. If Floyd had died in the back of the squad car you might have a point. It took all of it to kill him - the drugs, the resisting arrest and the knee on his neck.
Normal Bullshit. Just keep embellishing that story--you apparently didn't listen to the BLM rioters, it was 8 minutes 46 seconds not 10 minutes. Floyd would have died of a fentanyl overdose that day if the police had stayed home. Take your BS down the road.

Manslaughter.

And your point was......

Normal Bullshit. Just keep embellishing that story--you apparently didn't listen to the BLM rioters, it was 8 minutes 46 seconds not 10 minutes. Floyd would have died of a fentanyl overdose that day if the police had stayed home. Take your BS down the road.
Would he?

That is conjecture. It is also not what the corner stated.

I am not embellishing a damn thing. The facts just do not support the claim Chauvin had nothing to do with Floyd's death.

Manslaughter.

And your point was......

Would he?

That is conjecture. It is also not what the corner stated.

I am not embellishing a damn thing. The facts just do not support the claim Chauvin had nothing to do with Floyd's death.
You are flat out lying then. Chauvin did not have his knee on Floyd's neck for 10 minutes--it was 8 min, 46 seconds. Please keep up. Uninformed people should just STFU.

Impossible to say before a single witness is heard or a single piece of evidence is shown.

However, I'm more concerned about the BLM/Antifa mobs intimidating jurors. If I lived in Hennepin County I would be hard pressed to vote for innocence even if I thought the case wasn't proven. Its tough to watch your house burn because you don't go along with the liberal mob.
hahaha i'm sorry but what other evidence and witnesses are needed? we have multiple HD videos with sound of the cop killing the man.

As I said in another thread:

Minnesota's third-degree murder statute reads: "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others" - the Minneapolis police are instructed to do this to subdue somebody who is resisting arrest, right? So, is it eminently dangerous to others? Eminently means 'extremely'; is it really? How many others have died from a knee to the neck vs how many didn't? Would Floyd have died if he didn't have that Fentenyl in his body? Absent that condition was the action Chauvin took extremely dangerous to others?

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…" - how the hell do you prove that in a court of law? Chauvin was performing his duty according to his training, was he not? How are you going to show a 'depraved mind' when his training told him to do it?

All that said, an argument could be made that Chauvin should have taken his knee off Floyd's neck sooner than he did. I don't know the correct term for that misconduct, but I don't think he is guilty of 3rd degree murder.

To the OP's question, I think Chauvin should be found guilty of the charges brought. I do think he was guilty of some kind of lesser charge, whatever you might call that. The knee to the neck is standard procedure, no? (Asking, don't really know for sure.) How many people die from that if they do not have a prior debilitating health condition? I'm thinking not so many, thus it ain't eminently dangerous.
If he’s acquitted, we will likely get a second Summer of George.

Will old Joe handle it differently from dumb Don? I don’t think so.
I think either way, some idiots will try and rob and burn things....And i'm for a full punishment against the cop. But I can't support chaos and looting.

While it may be edifying to continue endlessly saying that Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck, he was not strangled, and he did not suffocate. The restraint was entirely consistent with Chauvin's training and Floyd was CLEARLY out of control - out of even HIS OWN control, if you watch the pathetic video.

While it may be edifying to continue endlessly saying that Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck, he was not strangled, and he did not suffocate. The restraint was entirely consistent with Chauvin's training and Floyd was CLEARLY out of control - out of even HIS OWN control, if you watch the pathetic video.

Of course it was consistent with Chauvin's training. The City admitted it today by accepting responsibility to the tune of $27 Million.

Impossible to say before a single witness is heard or a single piece of evidence is shown.

However, I'm more concerned about the BLM/Antifa mobs intimidating jurors. If I lived in Hennepin County I would be hard pressed to vote for innocence even if I thought the case wasn't proven. Its tough to watch your house burn because you don't go along with the liberal mob.
hahaha i'm sorry but what other evidence and witnesses are needed? we have multiple HD videos with sound of the cop killing the man.

Kneeling on Floyd's neck didn't kill him. An OD and a corona virus are what caused his death.

Forum List

Back