What love songs did you grow up with, dance to?

Both are great. Otis Redding has such a raw voice. It's a shame he didn't get to live longer and release more music.
Yes it is. Big fan. Lol spent some time naked listening to both. Still own most of both Otis and the Beatles music. One good thing about the information age is ya get a Spotify premium account you can download just about any music you can think of. My last lady friend liked listening to Jackson Brown to get in the mood. Liked to hear Something Fine by Jackson. She was also fond of Don't Let Me Down by the Beatles. God rest her soul. She past away in a motorcycle crash this past summer. Miss that tiny little lady. Lol I looked like the jolly green giant next to her. She was significantly younger than I. Wanted to get married and have kids. I have already been there and do e that. Grandpa to six. I cut things off when she started talking marriage and kids. Two months after we broke up she was married. Two months later pregnant. Two months after her son was born she and her husband were killed in a motorcycle crash. That poor kid will never remember his parents. Pretty tragic. I sometimes wish I had given her what she wanted.

There is but one useful (Canadian) answer.

Anne Murray: you needed me.

Anne Murray: could I have this dance?

Ok. Two.

Slow dancing, of course.
I'm not sure I know either tbh. For Canadian content I'd say Bryan Adams or Burton Cummings

There is but one useful (Canadian) answer.

Anne Murray: you needed me.

Anne Murray: could I have this dance?

Ok. Two.

Slow dancing, of course.
Yes it is. Big fan. Lol spent some time naked listening to both. Still own most of both Otis and the Beatles music. One good thing about the information age is ya get a Spotify premium account you can download just about any music you can think of. My last lady friend liked listening to Jackson Brown to get in the mood. Liked to hear Something Fine by Jackson. She was also fond of Don't Let Me Down by the Beatles. God rest her soul. She past away in a motorcycle crash this past summer. Miss that tiny little lady. Lol I looked like the jolly green giant next to her. She was significantly younger than I. Wanted to get married and have kids. I have already been there and do e that. Grandpa to six. I cut things off when she started talking marriage and kids. Two months after we broke up she was married. Two months later pregnant. Two months after her son was born she and her husband were killed in a motorcycle crash. That poor kid will never remember his parents. Pretty tragic. I sometimes wish I had given her what she wanted.
Why do I feel Deja vu? You posted this before when we chatted, I think about music actually. Am I right or wrong?

Why do I feel Deja vu? You posted this before when we chatted, I think about music actually. Am I right of wrong?
Might have not sure. Sits pretty large in my mind. She was devastated when I broke things off. Can't help but feel she would still be alive if I had not. At best I have 20 maybe 25 years left. Did want my kids with her to lose their father at such a young age. Now there is a kid out there lost both mom and dad at two months. Sure did care for that tiny lady.

Might have not sure. Sits pretty large in my mind. She was devastated when I broke things off. Can't help but feel she would still be alive if I had not. At best I have 20 maybe 25 years left. Did want my kids with her to lose their father at such a young age. Now there is a kid out there lost both mom and dad at two months. Sure did care for that tiny lady.
Love songs bring out emotion, I welcome then even when I'm down, it reminds me that others have emotions too, that the human spirit can be gentle.

Love songs bring out emotion, I welcome then even when I'm down, it reminds me that others have emotions too, that the human spirit can be gentle.
I listen to both her favorite love songs almost every day. I stayed north this year. I live in a lake side condo complex during fishing and duck season. I think I am the only one still back here. I can get awy with playing my music much louder than normal right now. Duck season is over so about all I have to do during the day is deer hunt in the mornings. Only have a few days left of that. I listen to music a lot during the day. Lost my dad and my aunt as well as the tiny lady this year. Yep I feel some emotion listening during the day. It's not all bad though. I have a new granddaughter coming any day now. My best friend since I was eleven is looking for a condo in this complex and is close to retiring. My favorite cousin retired a couple days after Thanksgiving. She and her husband are looking for a summer place up here. They have already bought a winter home in the keys. I will spend summers up here with all of them and winters down there the same. My daughter's husband is on his last year for his masters at Ohio State. They wanna move up here this summer. So good times ahead. God willing!

I listen to both her favorite love songs almost every day. I stayed north this year. I live in a lake side condo complex during fishing and duck season. I think I am the only one still back here. I can get awy with playing my music much louder than normal right now. Duck season is over so about all I have to do during the day is deer hunt in the mornings. Only have a few days left of that. I listen to music a lot during the day. Lost my dad and my aunt as well as the tiny lady this year. Yep I feel some emotion listening during the day. It's not all bad though. I have a new granddaughter coming any day now. My best friend since I was eleven is looking for a condo in this complex and is close to retiring. My favorite cousin retired a couple days after Thanksgiving. She and her husband are looking for a summer place up here. They have already bought a winter home in the keys. I will spend summers up here with all of them and winters down there the same. My daughter's husband is on his last year for his masters at Ohio State. They wanna move up here this summer. So good times ahead. God willing!
I'm not a hunter, but I could envision just playing silly love songs loud without a care in the world. Bring you closer to God in some fashion, surrounded by nothing but Gods creations.

Last edited:
one just for you Shocked one>>>

~S~

Meh. I don't want to think about it, like is short, I don't want it to be shorter. A realistic view of how a man feels and what he might do when confronted with the pain. We are taught to suck it up. A tough uncle of mine once told me "you aren't a wimp if you cry, real men cry because they care". Men in WWII wept and they were.tough as nails.

Believe it or not:

A break-up causes grieving akin to the loss by death. It is actually “ok” to feel rhenn no pain. It sucks. No question.

But I think it helps one get over the boss.

We’ve all been there in one way or another.

Heal quickly.

Forum List

Back