What John Boehner told me the night before he said he was quitting

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
Good for Boehner :)
What John Boehner told me the night before he said he was quitting
It was late Thursday at the Capitol, and the crowds had gone. Outside House Speaker John A. Boehner’s suite, the halls were empty and silent, save for a police officer strolling through the rotunda. On the marble floor were pieces of masking tape with the names of elected officials scrawled in black, marking the places where they stood to greet Pope Francis hours earlier.

Politico’s Jake Sherman and I stood there for an hour or so, steno pads in hand and trading stories, as we waited for Boehner to appear. We had heard rumors from several lawmakers that Boehner was mulling retirement and that, as a devout Catholic, he privately saw the pope’s congressional visit, which he had orchestrated, as a fitting denouement to his long political career.

Finally, Boehner appeared, walking toward the House’s exit and his waiting caravan of SUVs. In a dark suit and the same grass-colored tie he had worn all day, he grinned and shook his head playfully as he spotted us. But then he did something unusual, a move out of character. Instead of rushing past and ignoring our peppered questions — the Boehner response familiar to lingering reporters — he slowed and moved closer, extending his hands.

“Look at you! Where have you been?” Boehner asked me. He then leaned in, put his hands on our shoulders and nodded toward a small circular area near a bust of Winston Churchill. “Come over here, let me show you something,” he said.

Never thought republicans would get so fucked in the head that Boehner would seem reasonable. I've never had any sympathy for his plight of trying to corral a bunch of toddler brains into a cohesive political coalition but, truth be told, he asked for it.

And those toddler brains will be around for a while.

Along with the diaper paste that is the far left.

Together....we are so screwed.

You do know that when Obama was writing the ACA he NEGOTIATED it with Boehner and that Boeher signed off on EVERY element and agreed to them ... then acted like he had nothing to do with it and hated every word of it.

Half of the ACA came from Boehner.

Half and then he spent the rest of his time trying to scuttle what he had negotiated and agreed to.

========

We owe Boehner a debt of thanks for keeping things working against our own version of the muslim brotherhood these past 5 years. Thank you Mr.Speaker.

Keep your false equivalency, since the parties realigned in the 80s there has never been a more unreasonable bunch of deadbeats holding congress as there is right now. Threatening government shutdowns over social issues is as reckless as it gets.

Indeed, Boehner is now extremely and amply qualified to run a day care center for toddlers.

Keep your false equivalency, since the parties realigned in the 80s there has never been a more unreasonable bunch of deadbeats holding congress as there is right now. Threatening government shutdowns over social issues is as reckless as it gets.

Never argued that point.

I have been disenchanted with the federal government for a couple of decades. Even as a kid I could see them screwing things up.

But if you think the far right is any worse than the far left....you'd be totally wrong.

Forum List

Back