What is your view of adoption?

G

Gabriella84

If you and your partner were unable to conceive a child, would you consider adoption? Would you consider adopting an older child? From another nation?

Gabriella84 said:
If you and your partner were unable to conceive a child, would you consider adoption? Would you consider adopting an older child? From another nation?

I thought you were from the u.s., though?

Gabriella84 said:

Aren't all "Partners" (A term used for homo's) unable to conceive?

-Cp said:
Aren't all "Partners" (A term used for homo's) unable to conceive?

Homos (plural) does not need an apostrophe. Maybe she means "sex partners". That could go either way. I have a couple of gay friends who have adopted and they're doing a better job than most of the straight parents I've seen. But I guess that kid would be better off in an orphanage in some fucked up third world country than being raised by two highly intelligent gay lawyers. Right?

:bang3:

nucular said:
Homos (plural) does not need an apostrophe. Maybe she means "sex partners". That could go either way. I have a couple of gay friends who have adopted and they're doing a better job than most of the straight parents I've seen. But I guess that kid would be better off in an orphanage in some fucked up third world country than being raised by two highly intelligent gay lawyers. Right?

The kid would be better off dead....

nucular said:

You just summed it up...ACLU attorneys no doubt! :cof:

archangel said:
You just summed it up...ACLU attorneys no doubt! :cof:

You guys are against abortion in any circumstance, but you think a living person should die because of the people who adopted him? Very logical.

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
nucular said:
You guys are against abortion in any circumstance, but you think a living person should die because of the people who adopted him? Very logical.

back to reading 101 for you...where in my short comment did I advocate death? or abortion for that matter! :bang3:

-Cp said:
So he wouldn't have to grow up in a f'd up household that teaches it's somehow "normal" to be queer...

Probably better than growing up in a household where the kid would be taught to hate anyone who doesn't fit a very narrow set of racial, sexual, religious and philosophical parameters. Hate is a bad thing.
:fu2:

Gabriella84 said:

If I wanted kids, yes. A child is a child - regardless of ethnic background. A different ethnicity would be harder to deal with as the child grows up, but you do what you have to do..

Shattered said:
If I wanted kids, yes. A child is a child - regardless of ethnic background. A different ethnicity would be harder to deal with as the child grows up, but you do what you have to do..

Ah but there is the 'rub.' One doesn't 'Have' to do this, but one chooses to do this.

I would, if I thought my $ and health would stay.

Kathianne said:
Ah but there is the 'rub.' One doesn't 'Have' to do this, but one chooses to do this.

I would, if I thought my $ and health would stay.

Ah, yet another quote misread.. I didn't say one "had" to adopt.. I meant one had to deal with whatever rammifications pop up as the child is growing up if they choose to adopt one..

(Are you cranky today or something?)

Shattered said:
Ah, yet another quote misread.. I didn't say one "had" to adopt.. I meant one had to deal with whatever rammifications pop up as the child is growing up if they choose to adopt one..

(Are you cranky today or something?)

Not cranky, but stressed. Whether a child is adopted or natural things will pop up. Nature of the beast.

All I was saying before, if I KNEW I could afford and my health would be there, I'd consider giving a home to a child. Older? Special needs? Foreign born? Sure.

Is there any plausible reason that this thread has turned into a debate about homosexuality?
Geez, I was refering to a traditional (male-female) heterosexual couple, most likely married. Must you always be hateful?

Ok, back to the original question. Please. :)

my wife and I have talked about adoption, however, as we CAN make our own kids, it's sorta greedy to adopt a kid an infertile husband and wife could otherwise adopt.

nucular said:
Probably better than growing up in a household where the kid would be taught to hate anyone who doesn't fit a very narrow set of racial, sexual, religious and philosophical parameters. Hate is a bad thing.

Not at all - it's good to hate certain things - I hate people who try and harm my family - is that wrong? I hate the way this country is getting run into the ground by the likes of you....etc..etc....

My kids aren't taught at all to gate fags, skin color or anything as it pertains to people - as Christians, however, we are called to HATE the sin of homosexuality, or any other sin for that matter...

-Cp said:
Not at all - it's good to hate certain things - I hate people who try and harm my family - is that wrong? I hate the way this country is getting run into the ground by the likes of you....etc..etc....

How do you know what my contribution to this country is? You don't know anything about me. My guess is that I've contributed more to this country than you have the ability to comprehend. What do you contribute to this country? So far I just see a person who posts articles on a message board he gathers about his favorite subjects, which seem to be bestiality, "homo's", absurd biblical anti-scholarship and so on. Not a whole lot of original thinking there. What do you do in the real world that allows you to judge other people so harshly, especially when you know nothing about them?

nucular said:
What do you do in the real world that allows you to judge other people so harshly, especially when you know nothing about them?

It's your rhedoric and only that which I can make character judgements about you on... start posting stuff that shows signs of intelligent life and maybe I'll change my tune ...

Forum List

Back