WHAT IS Yahoo News?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Because I make extensive use of my Yahoo email account, I start each morning (after I pee) with a glimpse at the phenomenon called, "Yahoo News."

It is not only a collection of "news" items from other sources, but "Yahoo News" apparently produces some news of its own. A lot of its own.

And it is the most anti-Trump, Left-Wing, delusional collection of nonsense available anywhere on the Web. Every political story has an anti-Trump bent, even in the headlines. It is the definitional manifestation of "fake news," with uncorroborated hints of rumors treated breathlessly as fact. Non-events are treated as earth-shaking developments.

There must be scores of millions of people who are exposed to this nonsense daily, not only for Yahoo email users, but also because some of their other sub-sites are great sources of information. And yet they seem to accountable to no one...they even appear to be under Trump's personal radar screen, thank God.

I keep looking for a "Comments" area, but it doesn't seem to have its own one.

Very bothersome.

Because I make extensive use of my Yahoo email account, I start each morning (after I pee) with a glimpse at the phenomenon called, "Yahoo News."

It is not only a collection of "news" items from other sources, but "Yahoo News" apparently produces some news of its own. A lot of its own.

And it is the most anti-Trump, Left-Wing, delusional collection of nonsense available anywhere on the Web. Every political story has an anti-Trump bent, even in the headlines. It is the definitional manifestation of "fake news," with uncorroborated hints of rumors treated breathlessly as fact. Non-events are treated as earth-shaking developments.

There must be scores of millions of people who are exposed to this nonsense daily, not only for Yahoo email users, but also because some of their other sub-sites are great sources of information. And yet they seem to accountable to no one...they even appear to be under Trump's personal radar screen, thank God.

Very bothersome.

Generally what I see from certain people is that they read news but are very selective in what they actually see.

They'll say "yahoo news is anti-Trump" or stuff like that, and then they'll see reports which aren't anti-Trump and every time they'll be like "wow, yahoo isn't being anti-Trump for once" and they'll write this like 10 times a week, and yet forget about it straight away, and only remember the reports they perceive as being anti-Trump.

It's the problem, not the media, but the people who are reading the media.

"Fake news" means "I don't want to believe this is true".

Very bothersome.

Generally what I see from certain people is that they read news but are very selective in what they actually see.

They'll say "yahoo news is anti-Trump" or stuff like that, and then they'll see reports which aren't anti-Trump and every time they'll be like "wow, yahoo isn't being anti-Trump for once" and they'll write this like 10 times a week, and yet forget about it straight away, and only remember the reports they perceive as being anti-Trump.

It's the problem, not the media, but the people who are reading the media.

"Fake news" means "I don't want to believe this is true".

Unless it's simply fake news.

Very bothersome.
Reporting a story honestly doesn’t mean it has an anti-Trump bend. Just because they don’t hold your hand and coo away your concerns about whatever incompetent things Trump is doing like Fox does, doesn’t make them left-wing.

Forum List

Back