What is Wrong With Today's Youth??

draft_lens2185957module11663020photo_1222116001fred-gwynne-my-cousin-vinny.jpg

Did you say yoot?

My 13 year old rolls her eyes and says 'blech' whenever I play Pink Floyd. Where did I go wrong???

Hey! you should be happy she responds! :lol::lol::lol: but I'd say blech over Pink Floyd too. Who the hell is Pink Floyd anyway?

Check all of her toys and things for lead. The Chinese are trying to kill us all off because they know the government will never pay them all the money we owe them. It's a long range plan and it's centered on killing off our youth. First the bad behavior, then comes the fits, spells and mouth drooling. Be on alert and keep an eye out for Chinese in your immediate area. Best not to eat any oriental food for awhile.

What is wrong with today's youth?

Might I throw in a answer to that? Like, their parents?

Pink Floyd... hmmm, wanna know a secret? I can only think of one Floyd song and that is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwTpZpwjtIE]YouTube - We Dont Need No Education[/ame]

Other than that, I could not name one of their songs.

Immie

Hey, wait a minute, I'm "youth" and I like Pink Floyd. Something's wrong here. :lol:

Pink Floyd... hmmm, wanna know a secret? I can only think of one Floyd song and that is:

YouTube - We Dont Need No Education

Immie

Nothing from Dark Side of The Moon, The Wall, or Animals? :eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhidH2gtSYI]YouTube - Pink floyd eclipse[/ame]

YouTube - We Dont Need No Education

Immie

Nothing from Dark Side of The Moon, The Wall, or Animals? :eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhidH2gtSYI]YouTube - Pink floyd eclipse[/ame]

Isn't "We don't need no education" from "The Wall"?

And no, nothing from those. I was pretty much into Country Music and the only reason I know that one is that when I was in the Coast Guard at 'A' School in Yorktown, that song was hot and a friend of mine played it all the time. Of course, he played other songs of theirs but that one just seemed to be catchy.

Immie

Zoom, it's a phase.

Mini Echo was of course into the "Boy Bands" like N Sync and The Jonos (?) Brothers.

Then came her Rap phase.

Then her "Hot Topic" band phase, whose names I can't even remember. (Against Me? Something Something?)

Then she and I were driving home from Michigan, listening to a Classic Rock Station out of Chicago. They were playing Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles, Ramones, Clash, etc.....she started digging that music,,,,

Now she downloads all my CD's on her ipod, because she knows her mom has great taste in music. She's 14, so give your Mini Zoom some time to like good music!

Isn't "We don't need no education" from "The Wall"?

And no, nothing from those. I was pretty much into Country Music and the only reason I know that one is that when I was in the Coast Guard at 'A' School in Yorktown, that song was hot and a friend of mine played it all the time. Of course, he played other songs of theirs but that one just seemed to be catchy.

Immie

Well yeah, but you already named that one. :lol:

The name of that song though is Another Brick in the Wall.

So? I omni-loathe the Beatles. Maybe for the same reason your thirteen year old doesn't care for them, because people overrate them so much.

Zoom, it's a phase.

Mini Echo was of course into the "Boy Bands" like N Sync and The Jonos (?) Brothers.

Then came her Rap phase.

Then her "Hot Topic" band phase, whose names I can't even remember. (Against Me? Something Something?)

Then she and I were driving home from Michigan, listening to a Classic Rock Station out of Chicago. They were playing Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles, Ramones, Clash, etc.....she started digging that music,,,,

Now she downloads all my CD's on her ipod, because she knows her mom has great taste in music. She's 14, so give your Mini Zoom some time to like good music!

I'm glad I never went through those phases.:lol:

Though I do listen to rap from time to time, the only one I can really think who is producing anything worth listening to anymore is Jay Z and sometimes Eminem.

Zoom, it's a phase.

Then came her Rap phase.

Though I do listen to rap from time to time, the only one I can really think who is producing anything worth listening to anymore is Jay Z and sometimes Eminem.

Well, she's also into my alternative music like The Pixes, Sugar, The Replacements, X, The Smiths, Black Flag, etc.

But she STILL is not into my man Neil Young or the Indigo Girls............YET!

Zoom, it's a phase.

Then came her Rap phase.

Well, she's also into my alternative music like The Pixes, Sugar, The Replacements, X, The Smiths, Black Flag, etc.

Those are some pretty good bands. I'd forgive her.

So? I omni-loathe the Beatles. Maybe for the same reason your thirteen year old doesn't care for them, because people overrate them so much.

Over rate them? I don't think so. I played two songs by them and she left the room. :lol: She hates Cat Stevens too.

She has gobs of Collective Soul from me so . . . there is hope after all.

Those are some pretty good bands. I'd forgive her.

Oh, I know! She loves to hear about me going to see Black Flag, and the Meat Puppets, and the Replacements, etc.......I love that she loves my music now!

Someday she will love Neil and the Girls, maybe college hahahahahahahaha

Forum List

Back