What is the winning strategy in 2018 and beyond?

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Foxfyre, Sep 8, 2018.

?

What is the winning strategy in 2018 and beyond?

1. 1. More regulation and higher taxes on the rich

2. 2. Less regulation and lower taxes for taxpayers

3. 3. Open borders and/or less law enforcement

4. 4. Secure borders/more law enforcement

5. 5. America gets along with Europe and is more like Europe

6. 6. America insists on fair deals for America

7. 7. More people in all groups working

8. 8. More 'free' social services

9. 9. Courts that rule on what the law 'should be'

10. 10. Courts that rule on what the law is

11. 11. Government that decides what the law will be

12. 12. Government that represents what the people want

13. 13. Return to the social and economic policies of the Obama years

14. 14. Stay the current course

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,058

I agree eagle, with the caveat that real change comes in fits and starts, sometimes with one step back for every two steps forward. And there will be misunderstandings and miscalculations along the way and mistakes will be made. President Trump's greatest strength, I believe, other than his vision and willingness to see things differently than the status quo demands, is his ability to see that Plan A is unworkable and move on to a Plan B or C or D or whatever until he finds what will fix the problem and/or accomplish the objective. For sure he refuses to be tied to anybody's concept of 'it has always been done this way or that way' and that is what marks him as a true leader.

All great leaders have noble goals and ability to accomplish them which generally results in positive change. And no real change has ever happened without some downsides.

2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,976
    Remember the infrastructure bill? Incompetence. It’s gone
    Remember the replacement for Obamacare? Incompetence. It’s gone.
    Remember the border wall? Incomptence. Its not being funded and Mexico isn’t paying for it.
    Remember the “hiring the best people” Many senior officials have already been sacked. Incompetence.

If you’re looking for competence; you find very little in the current administration.

As for the bullshit about Trump loving the country; he apologized to the Russian President for the state of relations.

You are clueless.

3. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,058
    The Democrats haven't shown us much 'good government stances' lately. And lately it is been pretty much Trump sucks, his agenda sucks, and anybody who supports his agenda sucks. Thank you for continuing to reinforce my opinion on that.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 9:17 AM
  4. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,976
    Its pretty hard to do much with your agenda when you control neither house of the Congress or the Oval dear.

5. doesanyoneknowmyname

doesanyoneknowmyname Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77

"11. Government that decides what the law will be"

need clarification.....a Government that you DO trust or a Government that you DON'T trust...? Thanks.....

15; put evangelical dominionists and conservatives in every position in the government, re-write/shape the constitution to be a CHRISTIAN document, make the bible the law of the land and start punishing gods enemies; liberals, gays, feminists, muslims, wiccans, more liberals, rinos

16. Newt Gingrich "we must change the laws of the land to reflect our (christian) religious beliefs and see to it that they can NEVER BE CHANGED AGAIN!"

17. Roy Moore; the bible should be the source of law in America and gays should be criminalized.

18. Trump "VOTE FOR ROY MOORE!"

6. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,703
    End The Fed!

7. doesanyoneknowmyname

doesanyoneknowmyname Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77

" Courts that rule on what the law is"

I find this one confusing.....When a liberal judge does this (bases a ruling on his interpretation of the constitution) it REALLY pisses me off and I want to DEMAND that he just FOLLOW the law and NOT interpret it.....

but
    when a conservative judge says (like roy moore) "I use the bible as MY source of law"...(ignoring the constitution completely)....I support him wholeheartedly!.......does this make me a hypocrite?
    or an arsehole?
    or just a moron?

8. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,058
    So you are of the Trump sucks, Trump's agenda sucks, anybody who supports Trump's agenda sucks group?

I'm sorry, but there are people in both parties who get it wrong, who are not mainstream, who hold opinions that most people reject. There are a lot of sinners in all political parties and saints are really hard to come by as there is no provision in place to 'approve' who will or will not be allowed to register as a member of a political party. To extrapolate that fact to insist that because one person holds an indefensible position on something, all others in that party hold that same position is not only absurd but patently intellectually dishonest.

And also a lot of people have their point of view and/or opinion so maliciously taken out of context and/or so distorted and/or so misrepresented as to be unrecognizable from what they actually have said or promoted.

At the same time, throughout human history, some of the most unlikeliest people have been raised up to accomplish great things. What a person has been is not always a good benchmark for who a person is and/or the vision and possibilities a person sees now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,058
    Moore’s underlying philosophy of law is that only God and the Bible can be the source of moral authority. It is not given to the courts to dictate that. That is very different than saying that the Bible is his source of law. So let's keep it honest here.

The Constitution IS the original law of the land, and therefore a judge's interpretation of it is critical. I want judges who know and understand the original intent of the Constitution rather than judges who twist that into something they want the Constitution to say and/or what they think it should say.

And ditto re the law. It was not given to unelected judges to make federal laws and no state gives judges the authority to make state law. The Constitution and state constitutions give the people via the representatives THEY elect that authority and specify the process by which that is done. It is the duty of the courts to interpret the laws as intended by those representatives, and if the law is silent then so also should be the courts.

In my opinion, the court ruling that any given law is unconstitutional does not negate or change the law. It is imperative that the people's elective representatives have the obligation to change a bad law to conform to the Constitution as their sworn oath requires.