What is the point of having a census?

mk159

Rookie
Dec 3, 2014
What is the point of having a census other than keeping tract of how many people are in the U.S?

What is the point of having a census other than keeping tract of how many people are in the U.S?

Why is this in this forum?

The Constitution requires a census in order to allocate representatives by population.

You were either home schooled or failed social studies. Enroll in remedial adult education at your local community college.

I would just like to know why the questions on the census are asked? Like why does race, age, education, etc. matter? Why not just asked how many people are living in the house and be done?

The Constitution requires a census in order to allocate representatives by population.

You were either home schooled or failed social studies. Enroll in remedial adult education at your local community college.
I am sure you meant public schooled. Home schooled children know these answers.

I would just like to know why the questions on the census are asked? Like why does race, age, education, etc. matter? Why not just asked how many people are living in the house and be done?
The inclusion and addition of other demographics is the governments way of knowing where to allocate resources to the population.

There are other purposes as well, but those deal mostly with politics and not the actual running of the country.

I am sure you meant public schooled. Home schooled children know these answers.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

The inclusion and addition of other demographics is the governments way of knowing where to allocate resources to the population.

There are other purposes as well, but those deal mostly with politics and not the actual running of the country.
But why should race be on the census?

That is all I will tell them.

Why, I have two toilets, and they DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!!!

Forum List

Back