What is the difference between these two statements?

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
“The president is literally an existential threat to America,” Biden said in Ottumwa, Iowa. Then Biden used facts to support that contention.

Biden asserted that the escalation of tariffs between the United States and China has “crushed” farmers in Iowa. “He thinks he’s being tough. Well, it’s easy to be tough when someone else is feeling the pain.”

Trump had placed farmers on welfare, first with a $12B bailout then a $16B bailout. A number of Iowa farmers have said they do not want welfare. They want a return to a level playing field, a playing field that has been disrupted by Trump's tariffs.

“He thinks his tariffs are being paid by China,” Biden said. “Any beginning econ student at Iowa or Iowa State could tell you that the American people are paying his tariffs. The cashiers at Target see what’s going on. They know more about economics than Trump.”

Biden tore apart Trump's comments on climate change. Trump said there is “a change in the weather” that “changes both ways,” and that “global warming” shifted to “climate change,” and has now switched to “extreme weather.”

"On the D-Day ceremonies — the D-Day ceremonies — it was astounding to me that he was tweeting attacks on everybody, from the mayor of London to Bette Midler. He found time to go after Bette Midler, for God’s sake!" Biden said.

Contrast with what Trump said.

“He’s a different guy,” Trump said as he left the White House for Iowa. “He looks different than he used to. He acts different than he used to. He’s even slower than he used to be.”

Then, more bluntly, he added, “Joe Biden is a dummy.”

“I’d rather run against, I think, Biden than anybody,” Trump told reporters. “I think he’s the weakest mentally and I like running against people that are weak mentally … The other ones have much more energy."

Trump also hit Biden over his failed Presidential runs in 1988 and 2008, calling him a “loser” who “never got more that 1 percent. “I call him ‘1 percent Joe’ because, until Obama came along, he didn’t do very well,” Trump added.

“And now it looks like he’s failing. It looks like his friends from the left are going to overtake him pretty soon. When a man has to mention my name 76 times in a speech, that means he’s in trouble.”

So, what is the difference between the two statements? Biden expressed opinions about the President then supported those opinions with facts.

Trump issued nasty insult after nasty insult in typical Trump fashion, rarely using an actual scenario.

Trump is an intelligence challenged, mean-spirited bully, and his base, known as the Trumpets, love him for it. They use the same techniques.

These sources helped with this report:

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...sults-biden-obama-took-him-off-the-trash-heap

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...70f78c156e8_story.html?utm_term=.96bb6c733488

Obama and Biden did nothing to keep jobs in the US. At least Trump is making an effort. Hell, even Nancy and Schumer agree with Trump taking on China to make the trade agreements more fair. Joe can't compare his platitudes with Trump's results.

Joe Biden is a dummy.”

What passes as political commentary for our president

Some of they things Biden said first about Trump

Clown
Called his supporters virulent and dregs of society.
Said he wanted to take him behind the barn and beat him up.
Stated he supported nazis.
Bashed him in foreign countries.

There are more. Just the ones off the top of my head.

Obama and Biden did nothing to keep jobs in the US. At least Trump is making an effort. Hell, even Nancy and Schumer agree with Trump taking on China to make the trade agreements more fair. Joe can't compare his platitudes with Trump's results.

The Great Obama created 13 million jobs

Crooked Donny only 4

“The president is literally an existential threat to America,” Biden said in Ottumwa, Iowa. Then Biden used facts to support that contention.

Biden asserted that the escalation of tariffs between the United States and China has “crushed” farmers in Iowa. “He thinks he’s being tough. Well, it’s easy to be tough when someone else is feeling the pain.”

Trump had placed farmers on welfare, first with a $12B bailout then a $16B bailout. A number of Iowa farmers have said they do not want welfare. They want a return to a level playing field, a playing field that has been disrupted by Trump's tariffs.

“He thinks his tariffs are being paid by China,” Biden said. “Any beginning econ student at Iowa or Iowa State could tell you that the American people are paying his tariffs. The cashiers at Target see what’s going on. They know more about economics than Trump.”

Biden tore apart Trump's comments on climate change. Trump said there is “a change in the weather” that “changes both ways,” and that “global warming” shifted to “climate change,” and has now switched to “extreme weather.”

"On the D-Day ceremonies — the D-Day ceremonies — it was astounding to me that he was tweeting attacks on everybody, from the mayor of London to Bette Midler. He found time to go after Bette Midler, for God’s sake!" Biden said.

“He’s a different guy,” Trump said as he left the White House for Iowa. “He looks different than he used to. He acts different than he used to. He’s even slower than he used to be.”

“I’d rather run against, I think, Biden than anybody,” Trump told reporters. “I think he’s the weakest mentally and I like running against people that are weak mentally … The other ones have much more energy."

Trump also hit Biden over his failed Presidential runs in 1988 and 2008, calling him a “loser” who “never got more that 1 percent. “I call him ‘1 percent Joe’ because, until Obama came along, he didn’t do very well,” Trump added.

“And now it looks like he’s failing. It looks like his friends from the left are going to overtake him pretty soon. When a man has to mention my name 76 times in a speech, that means he’s in trouble.”

So, what is the difference between the two statements? Biden expressed opinions about the President then supported those opinions with facts.

Trump issued nasty insult after nasty insult in typical Trump fashion, rarely using an actual scenario.

Trump is an intelligence challenged, mean-spirited bully, and his base, known as the Trumpets, love him for it. They use the same techniques.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...sults-biden-obama-took-him-off-the-trash-heap

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...70f78c156e8_story.html?utm_term=.96bb6c733488
There is no climate change. It’s a tax fraud to make politicians rich.

Biden is a failure as a presidential candidate. No doubt about it.

Do you want the last three years economy or the previous eight? Pretty simple choice.

Crooked Donny only 4

And his magic wand went abracadabra.

Do you want the last three years economy or the previous eight? Pretty simple choice.
Odd....97 percent of scientists from around the world affirm there is climate change

Only Republicans and oil companies disagree

Odd....97 percent of scientists from around the world affirm there is climate change

Only Republicans and oil companies disagree
Odd that’s not even true. It’s like getting you and your buddies in a room and taking a vote on who has sucked a dick. 100% voted yes. You don’t get 97% of anything, especially science predicting the future of the weather without a selective audience.

Crooked Donny only 4

Welfare ain't jobs, Snookums.

I don't love Trump, but the remarks by Biden are good rhetoric-not hard facts. Threat? Crushed? No one I know has paid any tariff. Climate change is unproven, Trump's D-Day speech was good. I think your emotions get in the way of your judgement. That said, Trump did resort to his name calling which is over the top. Expect this back and forth during 2020-may the best man win!

Dear Sandy Shanks:
I'd say
* If Biden's point is to CORRECT executive policy by showing problems and how they could be solved better than Trump's approach, then he should STICK to the ISSUES, principles, policies and corrections.
If he sidetracks by trying to "discredit" Trump because of Trump, that's distracting from the criticism.

* If Trump's point is to use the MEDIA culture to slam Biden in any way that sticks in the minds of the public, he continues to say WHATEVER. Whether it is based on facts, opinions or personal trash talk.
And it achieves the goal of TROLLING people and inciting both sides.

Trumps trolling and slamming is purely for politics.
He makes no excuses for this, but is as transparent and obvious as you can get.

Biden should listen to the same advice that conservative colleagues gave to Ted Nugent
when he made personal attacks against Obama. They advised him to stick to the points and principles.
He accepted that correction publicly and apologized for calling the President a Mongrel.

If Biden would stick to principles when arguing, similar to Mark Levin, he'd have more leverage
and credibility to make his points.

But if Biden, Pelosi and others attack Trump, then he fights back like a Pitbull and nobody wins.
Nobody makes their points, and it's all lost in political bullying to out bash each other in the media.

Forum List

Back