What is "stage 4 pancreatic cancer?"

"Truth told, I have to! Because under the terms of my contract, I have to host 'Jeopardy!' for three more years!" he said. "So help me. Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done. Thank you."

I'll take medical leave for $500 Alex.....

~S~

I always liked Mr. Trebek as well and I'm sorry to hear it. It's a shame because he's a dead man; nobody ever survives pancreatic cancer, it's the ultimate death sentence. At stage 4 he's finished. I've worked various jobs in the medical industry, I'm more familiar with terminal cancer than I'd like to be.

Considering he still has his hair and is stage 4, he's probably been going there for care.

Alex Trebek host of Jeopardy, announced today that he is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It has a less than 5% survival rate in 3 years.

‘Jeopardy!’ host Alex Trebek says he’s been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Pray for him. One of the last game show hosts who is respectful and polite and very classy.
Stage 4 means the cancer has metastasized (spread) to other parts of the body outside of the primary site.
Likely the liver and lungs.

Pancreatic cancer is such a killer because it doesn't cause noticeable symptoms until a late stage after it has already spread.

Personally I'm at risk for pancreatic cancer because of scarring caused by a traumatic injury to my pancreas suffered during a motocross race when I was a teenager.

I had a lawyer over a motorcycle accident in 2015. He was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in 2016. By 2017 he was gone. And he was in his 30s.

Alex Trebek host of Jeopardy, announced today that he is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It has a less than 5% survival rate in 3 years.

‘Jeopardy!’ host Alex Trebek says he’s been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Pray for him. One of the last game show hosts who is respectful and polite and very classy.
I wonder if he will get his medical care in Canada?
Fine CRC comment.
It was a question stupid! Not a comment.

It's not good. Pray for a miracle, that's his only hope at this point.

And in his 70's is really not that old... my parents are in their 80's and still living alone, driving...even their RV.... mom has memory issues, but dad doesn't and he's 87.... my grandparents were in their 90's when they kicked the bucket and the hubby's mom was 87 and she died before her time due to a medical Mal-practice mistake... her mom lived till she was 99 and she too was not ready to go yet, but fell and broke her hip which led to complications, then died.

Its BAD. Almost no chance of survival.

I was told I had pancreatic cancer in 2015. 4 months later they said they made a mistake. I was never more thankful in all my life. God does miracles (I really don't know if it was a mistake or a miracle). They still check it yearly (so far so good).

Forum List

Back