What Is Israel's Reasoning Re Backing The Rebels?

Picaro

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2010
Texas
I find Israel's support for removing Assad a little strange, considering the 'rebels' are going to be far worse than Assad is. So ... why the support for 'regime change' in Syria? The 'devil we know versus the devils we know are far worse' isn't an option for Israeli policy? It's not like those handful of doctors and lawyers who make up the rather small 'moderate' faction of the 'rebels' is going to stand a remote chance of gaining power in the aftermath, against Al Q types and assorted fanatics, so what's the advantage?

I find Israel's support for removing Assad a little strange, considering the 'rebels' are going to be far worse than Assad is. So ... why the support for 'regime change' in Syria? The 'devil we know versus the devils we know are far worse' isn't an option for Israeli policy? It's not like those handful of doctors and lawyers who make up the rather small 'moderate' faction of the 'rebels' is going to stand a remote chance of gaining power in the aftermath, against Al Q types and assorted fanatics, so what's the advantage?

First of all can you give me a credible link that Israel backs the rebels?

They support military strikes. That says it all.

They support military strikes. That says it all.

Oh, let no American ever forget the dubious Intelligence behind this ( http://mondoweiss.net/2013/09/dubio...israel-is-driving-the-us-to-war-in-syria.html ) came from ISRAEL. We can blame every death that results from military strikes on Israel.

Last edited:

Israel is backing nobody.

What some of the leaders say on this does not represent our people necessarily.

Israel is represented by her government.

First of all explain how undermining Assad's regime isn't supporting the opposition. As for credible links, pretty much all of the MSM is reporting on Israeli government support for strikes against Assad, as well as AIPAC lobbying of Congress for U.S. strikes against Assad; go read some of them. Google is handy for searches.

Yes, but some people hope to avoid the obvious and play little games of some sort.

I was looking for foreign policy explanations and the reasoning behind them, if anybody has some opinions on why they would support actions that bring down Assad; I see no advantages on the face of things, so there must be some other strategic reasoning going on.

The " christian" is lying again. That is something she was allegedly taught not to do. She stated it Israel's fault that people believe Assad has Chemical Weapons.

Kerry: chemical weapons case 'proved beyond reasonable doubt' ? as it happened | World news | theguardian.com

Arab League agrees with Kerry on Assad chemical weapons use ? but not military action - World News

What would this "christian" say if Israel backed up Assad? I think we all know. Does this " christian" suggest those pictures and videos we see are fake manufactured by Israel? Of course she does :lol: :cuckoo:

I can only speculate that Israel would like to see Assad go because Hezollah would suffer and Assad's chemical weapons arsenal poses a threat to them. There appears to be some belief going around that the militant Islamists rebels who are involved in the fighting would not be the people who would govern Syria if Assad goes but I don't know how anyone can verify it.

First of all explain how undermining Assad's regime isn't supporting the opposition. As for credible links, pretty much all of the MSM is reporting on Israeli government support for strikes against Assad, as well as AIPAC lobbying of Congress for U.S. strikes against Assad; go read some of them. Google is handy for searches.

I've heard Israel was keeping quiet.

Not unlike the House of [Fr]aud (from 1933 onward), the rebels with ties to the mythical AQ beast are foreign plants; but whose to say Assad's replacement would necessarily be a devil Israel doesn't know?

"Divide and conquer. The enemies of our enemy are our friends." (and so on)

From a 1982 document published in the Journal Directions by the World Zionist Organization's Dept. of Information's Oded Yinon:

"The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unique areas such as in Lebanon, is Israel's primary target on the eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power of those states serves as the primary short term target. Syria will fall apart, in accordance with its ethnic and religious structure, into several states such as in present day Lebanon, so that there will be a Shi'ite Alawi state along its coast, a Sunni state in the Aleppo area, another Sunni state in Damascus hostile to its northern neighbor, and the Druzes who will set up a state, maybe even in our Golan. This state of affairs will be the guarantee for peace and security in the area in the long run, and that aim is already within our reach today."

You see, sectarian conflicts are to Israel's benefit, because Muslims fighting against each other are Muslims not fighting against Israel.

Beyond the Zionist war-hawks' clear interest in the destabilization of the entire region, there are other geopolitical interests at play here as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYfO6Nz770U]William Engdahl on Lebanon, Syria, Katar, Israel and Putin - YouTube[/ame]

The coming war is largely about chemicals alright; just not those attributed by some to Assad's forces.

Last edited:

Yes, but some people hope to avoid the obvious and play little games of some sort.

I was looking for foreign policy explanations and the reasoning behind them, if anybody has some opinions on why they would support actions that bring down Assad; I see no advantages on the face of things, so there must be some other strategic reasoning going on.

There aren't any foreign policy explanations. Regarding the above poster you have to consider the source. She cheers everytime a Israeli dies. Her favorite phrases" SHE ASKED FOR IT ! SHE DESERVED IT! What the " christian" doesn't realize with her Hate, bigotry and venom it is NOT to Israel's advantage for ANY War to start. Israel doesn't have anything to gain with Arab Countries INITIATING War against her. If this were to happen at least the U.N. can't label Israel the Agressor.

Israel is keeping quiet. It is not to their advantage that military strikes be done. Anyone who claims something else is a liar.

other than bombing Syria when a load of Russian weapons comes in. I'm pretty sure that Israel is being relatively quiet because their overt support of the Saudi backed assault would be tough to explain and may even undermine the effort. They will let AIPAC do the lifting for them.

Not unlike the House of [Fr]aud (from 1933 onward), the rebels with ties to the mythical AQ beast are foreign plants; but whose to say Assad's replacement would necessarily be a devil Israel doesn't know?

"Divide and conquer. The enemies of our enemy are our friends." (and so on)

From a 1982 document published in the Journal Directions by the World Zionist Organization's Dept. of Information's Oded Yinon:

"The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unique areas such as in Lebanon, is Israel's primary target on the eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power of those states serves as the primary short term target. Syria will fall apart, in accordance with its ethnic and religious structure, into several states such as in present day Lebanon, so that there will be a Shi'ite Alawi state along its coast, a Sunni stae in the Aleppo area, anothe Sunni state in Damascus hostile to its northern neighbor, and the Druzes who will set up a state, maybe even in our Golan. This state of affairs will be the guarantee for peace and security in the area in the long run, and that aim is already within our reach today."

You see, sectarian conflicts are to Israel's benefit, because Muslims fighting against each other are Muslims not fighting against Israel.

Beyond the Zionist hawks' clear interest in the destabilization of the entire region, there are other geopolitical interests at play here as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYfO6Nz770U]William Engdahl on Lebanon, Syria, Katar, Israel and Putin - YouTube[/ame]

The coming war is largely about chemicals alright; just not those attributed to Assad's forces.

The entire civilized world benefits when Muslims fight each other.

Israel is keeping quiet. It is not to their advantage that military strikes be done. Anyone who claims something else is a liar.

Israel has done military strikes already. You are the liar.

It is not to Israel's adfvantage that the US conduct Air Strikes. That is what I was referring to. Try to take a reading comphrension course. Israel doing military strikes? You are the liar.... WAIT... FOUND IT !

Israel Bombed Syria Because of Alleged Weapons Shipment to Hezbollah - Connor Simpson - The Atlantic Wire

Don't like it? TOO BAD! Repeat; You are the liar :lol:

It is not to Israel's adfvantage that the US conduct Air Strikes. That is what I was referring to. Try to take a reading comphrension course. Israel doing military strikes? You are the liar.... WAIT... FOUND IT !

Israel Bombed Syria Because of Alleged Weapons Shipment to Hezbollah - Connor Simpson - The Atlantic Wire

Don't like it? TOO BAD! Repeat; You are the liar :lol:

Are you still drunk from the weekend or just starting fresh this morning ? Air strikes are to Israel's benefit whether they do them themselves or America comes in and hit a few targets.
AIPAC would never promote something that wasn't for the benefit of Israel.
Do you have any links showing Israel denouncing America's plan to attack ? I didn't think so.

Dubious Intelligence and Iran Blackmail: How Israel is driving the US to war in Syria

President Barack Obama’s August 31 announcement that he would seek congressional authorization to strike Syria has complicated an aggressive Israeli campaign to render a US attack inevitable. While the Israelis are far from the only force in bringing the US to the brink of war – obviously Assad’s own actions are the driving factor – their dubious intelligence assessments have proven pivotal. Dubious Intelligence and Iran Blackmail: How Israel is driving the US to war in Syria | Mondoweiss

Forum List

Back