What Is “environmental justice”?

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
What Is “environmental justice”?
Is it just more Democrat greed, corruption, racism and hate?

Sen. Kamala Harris announced she was teaming up with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to make sure the Green New Deal would lift up low-income communities, people of color, and indigenous communities.

Senator Harris said that "Too many communities in America face systemic environmental injustice—that must end," the California Democrat said Monday on Twitter. "Today, I'm partnering with @AOC to announce a landmark bill to ensure that a Green New Deal leaves no one behind and lifts up low-income communities, people of color, and indigenous communities."

Race based political policies are inherently racist.
Harris and AOC are racist.
AOC and Harris should apologize for being racist, resign and then be deported to Cuba where all of their dreams have already come true.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/harris-announces-landmark-bill-with-aoc-to-fight-environmental-injustice/ar-AAF1XLv?ocid=spartandhp

Write it down now.....

The k00k environmental narratives from the DUMS will be completely absent at the convention next summer.....you wont get a GND mention within 1,000 miles of that convention center.:2up:

The nutter base loves this stuff and gets suckered every cycle....

"Justice" is an absolute. It refers to the condition that exists when individual virtue is rewarded and individual evil is punished. It requires no modifier.

EVERY TIME an adjective is added to "justice" it creates a horrible distortion of the term. Think about it:

Social Justice (bestowing benefits on people because of the color of their skin...which is EVIL)

Economic Justice (taking money from people because of the color of their skin...which is EVIL)

Environmental Justice (I have no fucking idea what this means, but I have no doubt that it is EVIL)

"Justice" is an absolute. It refers to the condition that exists when individual virtue is rewarded and individual evil is punished. It requires no modifier.

EVERY TIME an adjective is added to "justice" it creates a horrible distortion of the term. Think about it:

Social Justice (bestowing benefits on people because of the color of their skin...which is EVIL)

Economic Justice (taking money from people because of the color of their skin...which is EVIL)

Environmental Justice (I have no fucking idea what this means, but I have no doubt that it is EVIL)

It's basically saying that poor people often live by pollution sources, or nuisance sources, power plants, railyards, waste transfer station, wastewater plants.

This is somehow unfair, although usually the housing comes AFTER the industry.

Every time the left puts "justice" in a sentence they mean to trample on others rights for some perceived slight never looking at their own actions.

From the link is this howler:

"The bill, titled "Climate Equity Act of 2019," would require congressional climate and environmental bills to have an equity score and require additional review for "climate equity" in federal regulations. The bill would additionally require all major federal climate and environmental investments to consider front-line groups, including low-income communities, indigenous communities, and communities of color. The bill would create an office of Climate and Environmental Justice Accountability to handle new responsibilities created by the bill."

bolding mine

How can anyone not see the inherent government intrusion that is wasteful and unnecessary?

"The bill, titled "Climate Equity Act of 2019," would require congressional climate and environmental bills to have an equity score and require additional review for "climate equity" in federal regulations. The bill would additionally require all major federal climate and environmental investments to consider front-line groups, including low-income communities, indigenous communities, and communities of color. The bill would create an office of Climate and Environmental Justice Accountability to handle new responsibilities created by the bill."

bolding mine

How can anyone not see the inherent government intrusion that is wasteful and unnecessary?
The term "environmental justice" is subjective, which makes it possible to do anything to anyone for any reason they deem worthy. This is way dangerous... It gives unfettered and unquestionable power to an unelected bureaucrat.

bolding mine

NO major project would ever get approved under those rules. and remember to progressives that's a feature, not a bug.

bolding mine

NO major project would ever get approved under those rules. and remember to progressives that's a feature, not a bug.
They would control everything by fiat.... and that is the problem with this pile of crap.

bolding mine

I see it is something that she is going to have a hard time selling to the minority community. They aren't interested in "climate equity scores" on legislation for the most part. It is a hard sell to poor people who just see their rents going up, their utilities, going up etc etc. Look at how quickly all this No-GMO's/organic foods/food desert stuff left the front page when they realized poor people aren't paying posh Whole Foods prices for the same damn carrots they used to be able to get for 99 cents.

Forum List

Back