What Information Do the Ds have About D Prospects?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Shutting down children's healthcare, not supporting the troops and the rest of the shut down crap is a toss of the dice with limited upside and substantial downside as in:

Likely to produce damning campaign ads for the mid-terms and the real possibility of a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

Presidential declassification of the Deep State Documents.

And while this list could be extended ad infinitum I can think of no reason that would make this stunt even good nonsense.

Is there any sane reason for this idiocy?

Shutting down children's healthcare, not supporting the troops and the rest of the shut down crap is a toss of the dice with limited upside and substantial downside as in:

Likely to produce damning campaign ads for the mid-terms and the real possibility of a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

And while this list could be extended ad infinitum I can think of no reason that would make this stunt even good nonsense.

To recap. Obama enacts the dream act. Giving a clear road to citizenship for people who were born and raised in the US, a bill first introduced in 2001. Trump goes on campaign, promising his supporters not just a wall but that Mexico would pay for it. Trump rescinds DACA, citing he doesn't want to authorize it by EO. Trump has signed at least 49 EO and counting (last count I could find was october.)Trump has signed more executive orders than any president in the last 50 years - CNNPolitics
Congress has been trying to fund the government by short term spending bills since Trump took office. Democrats want that the dreamers have a clear legal status again, if not they'll be in danger of deportation in march. Congress are trying to negotiate a bipartisan bill but Trumps not just wants something be done on DACA but also funding for the wall that Mexico was supposed to pay. To that end, he first was for the proposed budget, then against. Republicans don't have support for the proposed budget by all members of their own party. BUT IT'S THE DEMOCRATS FAULT? Good luck trying to sell that one.

Americans support DACA and do not support a wall. There is a compromise in the Senate and House that could be the catalyst for a deal. The Republicans are going to have to decide whether to appeal to middle America or the far right extremists. There are no Deep State Documents only kooky Congressmen that I would want to get rid of if they represented me.

You are the idiot. There is going to be no filibuster proof majority in the Senate. The Senate could narrow even further for Republicans.

Forum List

Back