What I find odd about republican voters is the complete lack of nuance in their philosophy

Everything is either awesome, or it’s shit. There are no shades of gray. There’s no critical thinking in the way republicans reason. Everything is based more on emotion rather than facts which creates beliefs that are absolute.

Here are some examples of absolutes republican voters believe that not only lack any nuance, but are completely wrong for that reason.

Then let's compare that to liberal reasoning and pragmatism:

If you are against Affirmative Action, you want to bring back slavery.

If you are against guys wearing dresses and going into your daughters shower or rest room in school, you are a bigot.

If we take more money from rich people, that will make them want to create jobs.

If we disarm the public, that will make us safer from armed criminals.

If you promote irresponsibility through our social programs, that will make people be more responsible.

Single parent families do just as well as two parent families.

We have over 40 million people without health insurance; most of whom can't afford it. So the solution is to make a law that you must buy insurance you can't afford, and when you don't, we'll take more of your hard earned tax money away.

God doesn't control the planet--man does. There is no God other than government.

If we pay people not to work, that will make more people want to get a job and work.
1) Lol liberals do not say this. You might find a quote from some random person saying it, but that would be it.

2) Yes, you really are a bigot. You’re right. How do I know? Because there is no actual threat posed by transgendered people using the bathroom of their choice. In fact, statistically republican officials have been involved in more bathroom assaults than transgendered. Oh and here’s another fact you aren’t considering: transgendered people have already been doing this for DECADES.

3) Liberals don’t ever make such a connection. What we do say is that if more revenue was invested in education, it would create jobs. However, what you should know is that the 1950s was a time of huge economic growth because the tax rate on the rich was 90%. This is because businesses were forced to invest in labor to make money. Nowadays corporations are so wealthy there is no incentive to invest in labor because they make money automatically from the money they save from tax cuts. Nowadays, they would ship job overseas if the tax rate was that high.

4) LIBERALS NEVER SAY THIS. What SOME liberals want is a ban on semi automatics. That’s it. No one wants to overturn the 2nd amendment. Stop pretending we do. I oppose banning any weapons because it is a useless gesture. Most liberals such as myself know other control laws would be more helpful.

5) Again, no one says shit like that lol. You just like to pretend we do. Any able body on food stamps, has a job. They just make peanuts to support their kids.

6) I don’t say that. Who does?

7) Lol most plans are affordable. Some aren’t. Overall, people are still registering for ACA. Over 20 million people have insurance through ACA. How do you explain that?

8) huh?

9) unemployment insurance has ALWAYS been temporary

:blowpop:

Some liberals want guns banned, Most do not, most want government to take a look & see if there are any sensible solutions to avoid things like school murder.
same for any kind of welfare health care, find solutions leave the programs in place until solutions are found.

2) Yes, you really are a bigot. You’re right. How do I know? Because there is no actual threat posed by transgendered people using the bathroom of their choice. In fact, statistically republican officials have been involved in more bathroom assaults than transgendered. Oh and here’s another fact you aren’t considering: transgendered people have already been doing this for DECADES.

HTF would you know they were using women's bathrooms for decades? You can spot one of those creeps from a mile away. If a guy was caught going into a women's restroom, somebody would call the cops and have him arrested.

3) Liberals don’t ever make such a connection. What we do say is that if more revenue was invested in education, it would create jobs. However, what you should know is that the 1950s was a time of huge economic growth because the tax rate on the rich was 90%. This is because businesses were forced to invest in labor to make money. Nowadays corporations are so wealthy there is no incentive to invest in labor because they make money automatically from the money they save from tax cuts. Nowadays, they would ship job overseas if the tax rate was that high.

This is true because overseas transportation was so expensive. Travel was dangerous because we didn't have the technology like we have today. Today, a business owner can track his stocks sitting on toilet with his cell phone. He can run his company and have meetings the same way. We can tell if hurricanes are headed in our travel path days or weeks ahead of time.

We couldn't do these things in the 50's so American business owners had no choice but to keep businesses here. That and the fact our wages were not as distant from other countries as they are today.

4) LIBERALS NEVER SAY THIS. What SOME liberals want is a ban on semi automatics. That’s it. No one wants to overturn the 2nd amendment. Stop pretending we do. I oppose banning any weapons because it is a useless gesture. Most liberals such as myself know other control laws would be more helpful.

The only reason the liberals haven't banned guns is because of the Constitution and conservative judges that protect it. If it were up to liberals, guns in the US would be illegal today. In the past they have suggested we be allowed to sue gun manufacturers for murders, tax ammunition, and even force all gun owners to carry liability insurance. In other words make it too expensive or practical for anybody to own or carry a gun. Look up the video of John Stossle trying to get a carry permit in NYC and the time and expense it took him. And after all that, they refused to give him a permit.

5) Again, no one says shit like that lol. You just like to pretend we do. Any able body on food stamps, has a job. They just make peanuts to support their kids.

Bull. As far as the Democrat party is concerned, the more people on the dole the better. The more kids you irresponsibly have, the more food stamps, the more welfare, the larger HUD house in the suburbs you get.

When DumBama had the entire government to himself, he created over 40 million more new government deponents, and that wasn't by accident either. It's the goal of the Democrat party. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

7) Lol most plans are affordable. Some aren’t. Overall, people are still registering for ACA. Over 20 million people have insurance through ACA. How do you explain that?

Most of it is the Medicaid expansion. More people had insurance back in 2007 than they do today. The only way plans are affordable is if you have a hotdog stand on a downtown corner, sweep floors or make french fries for a living. People with real jobs don't get subsidies and we pay for the people that do get them. Trust me, I looked into it. For a crap plan, they want nearly 1/3 of my monthly net pay. The plan has a 7K out of pocket, 7K deductible, no dental, prescription or eye care, and a $50.00 copay.

The whole scam was to make insurance affordable to likely Democrat voters at the expense of likely Republican voters, and it sucks.

Who said I was talking just about unemployment?

What I find odd about the radical left wing is that they view politics strictly in black and white. Every person is judged by the color of his/her skin and the Constitution is viewed as an impediment to progressive thought rather than the greatest document in history.

Everything is either awesome, or it’s shit. There are no shades of gray. There’s no critical thinking in the way republicans reason. Everything is based more on emotion rather than facts which creates beliefs that are absolute.

Here are some examples of absolutes republican voters believe that not only lack any nuance, but are completely wrong for that reason.

1) Welfare is terrible and it helps no one

2) Trump is an awesome president

3) Any taxation is theft

5) America is the best country in every way.

6) Gun rights are just as important and practical as free speech rights

7) Hillary, Obama, Bill, Schumer, Al Gore or any other democrats for that matter, are all equally terrible people in every way.

8) Any GOP polician who sides with a democrat on anything at all is automatically a RINO.

9) Mad made climate change is a complete myth! GOP officials said so on Fox News therefore it is true!

10) Obama had no positive effect on the country in any way!

11) Any negative story about Trump is fake

12) Any poll showing that Trump is unpopular is not accurate. Any poll showing anything at all positive about Trump is 100% accurate because it came from Rasmussen

13) Abortion is murder regardless of the duration of the pregnancy
It’s the consequence of Republicans adhering blindly to failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma.

I

3) Any taxation is theft

7) Hillary, Obama, Bill, Schumer, Al Gore or any other democrats for that matter, are all equally terrible people in every way.

8) Any GOP polician who sides with a democrat on anything at all is automatically a RINO.

9) Mad made climate change is a complete myth! GOP officials said so on Fox News therefore it is true!

12) Any poll showing that Trump is unpopular is not accurate. Any poll showing anything at all positive about Trump is 100% accurate because it came from Rasmussen

I see the brain dead are still among us. Can't you lard brains come up with anything new?

HTF would you know they were using women's bathrooms for decades? You can spot one of those creeps from a mile away. If a guy was caught going into a women's restroom, somebody would call the cops and have him arrested.

This is true because overseas transportation was so expensive. Travel was dangerous because we didn't have the technology like we have today. Today, a business owner can track his stocks sitting on toilet with his cell phone. He can run his company and have meetings the same way. We can tell if hurricanes are headed in our travel path days or weeks ahead of time.

We couldn't do these things in the 50's so American business owners had no choice but to keep businesses here. That and the fact our wages were not as distant from other countries as they are today.

The only reason the liberals haven't banned guns is because of the Constitution and conservative judges that protect it. If it were up to liberals, guns in the US would be illegal today. In the past they have suggested we be allowed to sue gun manufacturers for murders, tax ammunition, and even force all gun owners to carry liability insurance. In other words make it too expensive or practical for anybody to own or carry a gun. Look up the video of John Stossle trying to get a carry permit in NYC and the time and expense it took him. And after all that, they refused to give him a permit.

Bull. As far as the Democrat party is concerned, the more people on the dole the better. The more kids you irresponsibly have, the more food stamps, the more welfare, the larger HUD house in the suburbs you get.

When DumBama had the entire government to himself, he created over 40 million more new government deponents, and that wasn't by accident either. It's the goal of the Democrat party. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters.

Most of it is the Medicaid expansion. More people had insurance back in 2007 than they do today. The only way plans are affordable is if you have a hotdog stand on a downtown corner, sweep floors or make french fries for a living. People with real jobs don't get subsidies and we pay for the people that do get them. Trust me, I looked into it. For a crap plan, they want nearly 1/3 of my monthly net pay. The plan has a 7K out of pocket, 7K deductible, no dental, prescription or eye care, and a $50.00 copay.

The whole scam was to make insurance affordable to likely Democrat voters at the expense of likely Republican voters, and it sucks.

Who said I was talking just about unemployment?
See this ignorance about transgendered people is the result of rightwing media bullshit. I know when you think of transgendered people you think of an obvious guy with stubble wearing a wig and dress. The truth of the matter is that this surgery has become very sophisticated over the years so it’s actually difficult to determine whether or not someone is hiding their natural sex.

You’re basing this gun mentality the left has on absolutely nothing. No democrat in office has ever said they want to over turn the 2nd amendment. In fact, many democrats love guns.

You and I have already had this discussion about food stamps and having kids. The math of it makes no goddamn sense. The benefits one receives from SNAP per year, per child is a tiny fraction of the overall cost of expenses that comes with a kid.

There are several million private plans funded by subsidies and that number is only growing.

See this ignorance about transgendered people is the result of rightwing media bullshit. I know when you think of transgendered people you think of an obvious guy with stubble wearing a wig and dress. The truth of the matter is that this surgery has become very sophisticated over the years so it’s actually difficult to determine whether or not someone is hiding their natural sex.

Bull. I see those guys on the show COPS all the time. As soon as you look at one you can tell right away.

You can't make a man into a woman. It's physically impossible. It's a mental illness that should be addressed. Why do you think there is such a high suicide rate with those people?

You’re basing this gun mentality the left has on absolutely nothing. No democrat in office has ever said they want to over turn the 2nd amendment. In fact, many democrats love guns.

Democrats don't mind guns, they hate the idea you can protect yourself with a gun. If people could take care of themselves instead of government taking care of them, then who would need Democrats around?

You and I have already had this discussion about food stamps and having kids. The math of it makes no goddamn sense. The benefits one receives from SNAP per year, per child is a tiny fraction of the overall cost of expenses that comes with a kid.

Then come to my grocery store sometime and see if you still believe it. Food stamp people buying booze, cigarettes, huge bags of dog food and cat litter. Then they wheel their cart and four kids to their SUV and load the thing up.

There are several million private plans funded by subsidies and that number is only growing.

What choice do they have? That big-eared clown destroyed our healthcare system. Many employers dropped their coverage thanks to that idiot.

aka..........if republicans were in charge everyone would starve to death or have to eat dog food to survive mythology of liberals................Conservatives believe in a hand up........not a hand out...........and try to implement policy that REWARDS job creation.............Not PUNISH IT............

Welfare was never intended to be a life long job description.

Trump is cutting regulations and taxes in the attempt to create jobs in this country.......so those on your item 1 list will not need welfare..............and can go to work.

3) Any taxation is theft
There is a difference between reasonable taxation and the left's desire of high taxation because Liberals want a nanny state.

America is a great place to live unless you never traveled to shit hole countries in the FarEast.........seeing just how lucky you are to live here.
The 2nd Amendment stands..............and should remain standing.

and the rest of the op............blah blah..........blah...........standard liberal talking points.......

3) Any taxation is theft

I see the brain dead are still among us. Can't you lard brains come up with anything new?

They can't. It guns guns guns guns.

Forum List

Back