What I did this weekend

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
Saturday, I had the great privilege of attending a Police Academy graduation ceremony. As I was sitting there watching my #3 son graduate, the thought struck me about what was so impressive about this ceremony (aside from the obvious pride in one of my boys). They started the ceremony with the Pledge of Allegiance (with the word God in it) followed by a prayer (with God mentioned many times) and they ended the ceremony with a prayer (again with God being mentioned many times).

I am so glad I live in NH!

I went to the wedding of a guy and girl I know. These two are total Jesus freaks and their vows were really weird and there was no bar at the reception. Needless to say, I will not go to another wedding unless I know there will be a bar there.

CSM said:
Saturday, I had the great privilege of attending a Police Academy graduation ceremony. As I was sitting there watching my #3 son graduate, the thought struck me about what was so impressive about this ceremony (aside from the obvious pride in one of my boys). They started the ceremony with the Pledge of Allegiance (with the word God in it) followed by a prayer (with God mentioned many times) and they ended the ceremony with a prayer (again with God being mentioned many times).

Hey, Georgia ain't bad and it's MUCH warmer. Tell the kid to be careful out there. :thup:

CSM said:

Congratulations to son #3 and proud papa! Thank goodness for people like your son who are willing to do such difficult and dangerous work.

Now you just figure out a way to stop all those Taxachusetts libs from moving in and ruining the freedoms of your beautiful State!

Well done to #3 son! Is it too early to make OneAdamTwelve jokes yet :teeth:

I live in Texas where the entire highschool football team runs down to the endzone and takes a knee......... no complaints from the audience (usually about 15000 or so).

The Pledge still has God in it, and we (all 15000) sing along with the band (#3 daughter is a flutist (is that spelled right)) when they play the National Anthem. And, my kids band played the Marines Hymn at the local veterans gathering. So if you get tired of having a real winter, come on down, y'all should fit right in.

Saturday, I had the great privilege of attending a Police Academy graduation ceremony.

Was the black guy who can make all the wacky sounds with his mouth there? :D

Seriously, though, congrats to Son Number Three

Dan said:
Was the black guy who can make all the wacky sounds with his mouth there? :D

Seriously, though, congrats to Son Number Three
LOL...actually, the Academy has a mock up village where they learn a lot of their stuff ...one "building" is a movie theater....guess what is on the marquee???

Son #3 is quite a guy....just got back from Iraq last year (yes, he's the one who was awarded the Bronze Star). For a young guy, he has his head screwed on really well.

CSM said:
LOL...actually, the Academy has a mock up village where they learn a lot of their stuff ...one "building" is a movie theater....guess what is on the marquee???

Son #3 is quite a guy....just got back from Iraq last year (yes, he's the one who was awarded the Bronze Star). For a young guy, he has his head screwed on really well.

Convince him to sign up here. We can always use another person with their head on straight!

Forum List

Back