What Happens When Coal does not Sell?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Rolling back regulation is one thing but how will that sell coal in the domestic market? Natural gas and oil prices have nowhere to go but down as pipelines extend into the fields. India, China and parts of Latin America and Africa still use more coal than they can produce but the profit after shipping that far will not be that much.

Likewise oil and gas wells will need high quality output to sell, which makes me wonder how long it will take for keystone to go belly up. Canadian tar sands are at the lower limit of what can be sold as crude.

While I have no problem with Trump's policy positions I do think the law of unintended consequences will run wild.

Most coal mines are out of business or running on machine power only. Its a dead industry and them hillbillies need to learn a new trade, like reading!!

Most coal mines are out of business or running on machine power only. Its a dead industry and them hillbillies need to learn a new trade, like reading!!
Since none of them live in the inner city ghettos and are crack heads, looters and thieves, reading shall be easy for them.

The miners will have to move to the oil fields and their current homes will be bulldozed to make summer homes for liberals/idiots .

Keeping all options open in energy is key to our energy independence.... Yes, there will be a conscious effort or decision making throughout the transition periods from one technology or energy option to another, but one thing is forsure, and that is that we won't have politicians running around threatening energy sectors like the complete idiots that they were, and all because they were listening to the dam idiot left influence them to make fools of themselves. There will always be transition periods, but not so fast that it upsets the balance in society so much that it causes a crisis to erupt.

There is no technology that replaces coal that will produce more KWH for the amount of TOTAL POLUTION it causes.

There is no technology that replaces coal that will produce more KWH for the amount of TOTAL POLUTION it causes.
But not necessarily US coal anymore. Reopening a closed mine is expensive. I would suggest calling out one of the mining engineers on the board to get the list of things that have to be done to reopen a mine.

Forum List

Back