What happened?

Ah, so you consider the Daily Show, a parody news program on a channel all about comedy as a news source, most excellent!

I trust you also agree with its analysis that Cheney is a Sith Lord/the Penguin?

Why should I have a problem with that? You think that just because I can recognize that Obama is a narcissist with delusions of grander I am somehow incapable of recognizing that Cheney is a fear mongering idiot? Unlike you, I realize that everyone in power is a danger to us all, which is why I want to restrict their power. you prefer to believe that good intentions and words make a difference. Don't expect me to be fooled just because you are.

Ah, so you consider the Daily Show, a parody news program on a channel all about comedy as a news source, most excellent!

I trust you also agree with its analysis that Cheney is a Sith Lord/the Penguin?

Parody and satire can often deliver more truth than any traditional news program.

Parody and satire can often deliver more truth than any traditional news program.

I know, I never said I disagreed with its assessment. Are we allowed now to use things like the Daily Show and other news/comedy programs as fodder for serious discussion and evidence? Traditionally and usually, people we do often get flack from those at the other end of the political spectrum.

Why should I have a problem with that? You think that just because I can recognize that Obama is a narcissist with delusions of grander I am somehow incapable of recognizing that Cheney is a fear mongering idiot? Unlike you, I realize that everyone in power is a danger to us all, which is why I want to restrict their power. you prefer to believe that good intentions and words make a difference. Don't expect me to be fooled just because you are.
Frodo wasn't a narcissist.

I know, I never said I disagreed with its assessment. Are we allowed now to use things like the Daily Show and other news/comedy programs as fodder for serious discussion and evidence? Traditionally and usually, people we do often get flack from those at the other end of the political spectrum.

Sure! There are people who use WND as a source all the time.

I view it as more of a Johnson type commentary rather than a jumping off point for serious discussion. Sort of a "If he's lost Stewart, he's lost liberal America" moment.

I view it as more of a Johnson type commentary rather than a jumping off point for serious discussion. Sort of a "If he's lost Stewart, he's lost liberal America" moment.

I think he lost Liberal America long ago. At this point it's more of they're being more vocal about it.

Why not, unless you can point to anything he said that is an outright lie I see no problem using it as a source. Makes more sense than quoting someone who thinks Bush walks on water and is never wrong.

Why not, unless you can point to anything he said that is an outright lie I see no problem using it as a source. Makes more sense than quoting someone who thinks Bush walks on water and is never wrong.

Fair enough, you've made your point and I respect you for it.

Shit, if Bush walked on water, the next morning's headlines would read, "PRESIDENT BUSH CAN'T SWIM!"

(Another Johnson reference, FYI)

Shit, if Bush walked on water, the next morning's headlines would read, "PRESIDENT BUSH CAN'T SWIM!"

(Another Johnson reference, FYI)

:clap2:

Are you saying obama has the One ring? :lol:

Are you dissing one of my favoriate books?
Are saying that when obaba is frightened he will put on his ring, disappear and run away?
Are you saying that he is trying to draw all evil to him and the ring?
Or is all evil drawn to obama because he has the ring?
Are you saying that obama is being controlled by Sauron

(sorry I just couldn't help myself!)

so who gets the credit for the opinion if it is shared by the Daily Show and a Bush worshiper?

Are you saying obama has the One ring? :lol:

Are you dissing one of my favoriate books?
Are saying that when obaba is frightened he will put on his ring, disappear and run away?
Are you saying that he is trying to draw all evil to him and the ring?
Or is all evil drawn to obama because he has the ring?
Are you saying that obama is being controlled by Sauron

(sorry I just couldn't help myself!)

Maybe he's just saying that Obama has hairy feet?

Why should I have a problem with that? You think that just because I can recognize that Obama is a narcissist with delusions of grander I am somehow incapable of recognizing that Cheney is a fear mongering idiot? Unlike you, I realize that everyone in power is a danger to us all, which is why I want to restrict their power.
Ya' know.....you can (now) get medication for such paranoid-delusions. It'd be much-more user-friendly than grabbin' a gun....and, ending-up in prison.

Just a suggestion; the anti-Beck option.

303.gif

Absolutely.

There's a lot-less censorship, in comedy.

Ironic, huh?​

I know, I never said I disagreed with its assessment. Are we allowed now to use things like the Daily Show and other news/comedy programs as fodder for serious discussion and evidence?
Absolutely.....but, there are qualifiers.

Within the Progressive-community (unlike the 'Baggers & Faux Noise/Porky Limbaugh), there is the expectation people will cross-check/research such info, before making any final-decisions. We like to call it Thinking/Rationalizing....so as to avoid any comparisons-to/confusion-with (by a third-party) White Wing nut-jobs.​

Forum List

Back