What goes around comes around

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
You have to be careful in Syria that you don't mysteriously die or disappear.

ABDULRAHMAN AL-RASHED

Published — Sunday 26 April 2015

• Former Syrian political security chief Rustom Ghazaleh, one of the country’s most notorious figures for the past two decades, has died.
As with the deaths of other prominent figures in Bashar Assad’s regime, natural causes are seldom the case. In 2005, Ghazi Kanaan, who preceded Ghazaleh, was also murdered, but the Syrian government claimed that he committed suicide. Similarly, two years ago, military intelligence chief Jameh Jameh, one of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri’s assassinators, was also killed.
Syria is the only country in the world where officials disappear and the regime then declares that suicide or mysterious circumstances were the reasons behind the deaths. In the case of Ghazaleh, some of the most circulated stories — including the semi-official ones — claim that he was killed after being beaten to death. Different government sources spread contradictory versions; the most ridiculous version is that he was heavily beaten because of a dispute with Rafiq Shehadeh, another security official, because the former insisted on participating in the fight against “terrorists” in his hometown Daraa.

Continue reading at:

What goes around comes around Arab News

You have to be careful in Syria that you don't mysteriously die or disappear.

ABDULRAHMAN AL-RASHED

Published — Sunday 26 April 2015

• Former Syrian political security chief Rustom Ghazaleh, one of the country’s most notorious figures for the past two decades, has died.
As with the deaths of other prominent figures in Bashar Assad’s regime, natural causes are seldom the case. In 2005, Ghazi Kanaan, who preceded Ghazaleh, was also murdered, but the Syrian government claimed that he committed suicide. Similarly, two years ago, military intelligence chief Jameh Jameh, one of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri’s assassinators, was also killed.
Syria is the only country in the world where officials disappear and the regime then declares that suicide or mysterious circumstances were the reasons behind the deaths. In the case of Ghazaleh, some of the most circulated stories — including the semi-official ones — claim that he was killed after being beaten to death. Different government sources spread contradictory versions; the most ridiculous version is that he was heavily beaten because of a dispute with Rafiq Shehadeh, another security official, because the former insisted on participating in the fight against “terrorists” in his hometown Daraa.

Continue reading at:

What goes around comes around Arab News
ya don't say........ :cool:

I don't believe Syria is the only country where people disappear but I'm pleased to meet you Sally...

I don't believe Syria is the only country where people disappear but I'm pleased to meet you Sally...

No, but they have become notorious for their kidnapping, arrests, torture and disappearance of their captured. It was not just their own but Lebanese as well that vanished into Mezzeh and other such jails in syria.

No, but they have become notorious for their kidnapping, arrests, torture and disappearance of their captured. It was not just their own but Lebanese as well that vanished into Mezzeh and other such jails in syria.

don't tell captain blei He is convinced that Syria was a UTOPIA under the
watchful love and care of both papa and baby assad and all love both

don't tell captain blei He is convinced that Syria was a UTOPIA under the
watchful love and care of both papa and baby assad and all love both

Those that do not know syria can believe anything. Those that do know syria, understand why the struggle is going on there right not. I've know for decades what has been happening in syria, even before Assad, and how he came to power.
I also follow what is happening there now from syrians, not just through the news.

"Main U.S.-Backed Syrian Rebel Group Disbanding, Joining Islamists
One of the last moderate Syrian rebel groups trusted by Washington is waving the white flag—and picking up the Islamists’ black one."

Main U.S.-Backed Syrian Rebel Group Disbanding Joining Islamists - The Daily Beast

That's because Oblahblah has done jack shit to support the Syrian people. We stood by while Assad killed almost 300,000 of his own people. And now we're wondering why the rebels have joined the Iskamists. Had Oblahblah intervened when he said he would, there wouldn't even be an ISIS today.

Forum List

Back