What European onlookers think about US election

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Euro Observer, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Euro Observer

Euro Observer Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I am a retired Australian now living permanently in Europe and have followed the US election extensively this year as I am fascinated by the 2 candidates
    Hillary Clinton who I cannot believe will get any level headed American to believe what she says or promises especially after her dismal record.
    Donald Trump who is not known very well outside of USA but to many foreigners following the elections seems to a breath of fresh air and seems to project the views of the average American
    I do think Mr Trump should give the Democrats and CNN political reporters a lesson in the English language and explain to them that it consists of satire and sense of humour and they should stop turning around
    what he says to try an brainwash democrat voters
    CNN You are a disgrace to world political reporting and people in Europe are laughing at you for your one eyed views every night. So much for freedom of the biased press

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +962
    Well, at least we have a choice between about 30 different flavors of donuts. :rock:

Anyway. Most American voters are already brainwashed. Spend about 30 seconds with them and you'll quickly understand why democracy is a really, really, really, bad idea.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,183
    :welcome: Euro Observer

Your OP is a breath of fresh air. A real live Aussie, to cool. Been fortunate to have met some wonderful Australians. Worked around Qantas employees at HNL back in the 80's. I worked for a Service Provider that handled Qantas back then. Great bunch of folks.
    As for the USMB just keep a sense of humor, be willing to defend yourself and please remember and never forget there are a lot of assholes in this ole' world...
    Remind me to tell you how I almost started a war with Australia by doing considerable damage to a RAAF 707... :banghead::banghead:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  4. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192
    Welcome to USMB, I think we'll get along pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Euro Observer

Euro Observer Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thank you for your kind words .I too worked with many Americans in the 70s when I worked for Aramco in The Hague in Holland and had a lot of laughs mainly about your game of football with all the padding etc . We all ended up good mates but never did agree about your football and our rugby.
    Living in Malta now has given my wife and I the opportunity to go on many ocean cruises and we fly to Miami quite frequently to pick up a Royal Caribbean cruise around the Caribbean, Panama Mexico and San Diego and have met many interesting Americans of all ages.
    I would never think of interfering in US politics like Obama does in Europe but your 2016 election is catching the attention of many Europeans and we spend many lunch time hours at the pub discussing world problems(in a light hearted way) and always come to the same conclusion that if politicians throughout the world listened to us the world would be a better place.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Euro Observer

Euro Observer Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks Mate

7. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,062
    Welcome to the war zone!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kiwiman127

kiwiman127 Comfortably Moderate Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +4,834
    I'm from New Zealand, I live permanently in the US and I pretty sure you are full of shit.
    ================================================================
    European attitudes toward President Barack Obama remain very positive. Across the 10 EU nations polled, a median of 77% have confidence in Obama to do the right thing in world affairs, including more than eight-in-ten in Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and France.
    Europeans are somewhat less enthusiastic about Hillary Clinton, although her ratings are still mostly positive: A median of 59% have confidence in her. In contrast, ratings for Donald Trump are overwhelmingly negative. A median of just 9% trust the wealthy real estate developer to do the right thing in world affairs; 85% lack confidence in him.
    U.S.-leader-confidence-WEB-version.png
    As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia
    Other than bombing on your first thread here at USMB, welcome!:bye1:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Euro Observer

Euro Observer Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Spoken by a true Kiwi. Dont worry I will ignore you. Please thank Hillary and Mr Obama for ISIS

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 5
  10. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,872
    trump is seen as a dangerous clown who has no business being a presidential candidate. it is seen as an embarrassment that he is.