What Donald Trump Does not remember.....

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Donald Trump was deposed in connection with a Trump University lawsuit. Here is some of the sworn testimony Trump gave:

• Pages 8 - 15:
    • Q: (paraphrased) Here are some names. Can you can identify whether any of them was a live events instructor at Trump U?
    • A: (paraphrased) I don't remember/I don't know -- some ~50 times. I would have known the instructors more so than the students.
  • Pages 18 - 22
    • Trump was then shown photos of 24 people. Trump didn't recognize a single face. Not one. Trump was asked whether he knew if any of the individuals were students or instructors. He did not know whether any were students or instructors. Here's the exchange:
      • Q: Do you know whether any of these individuals are live events instructors?
      • A: I can't tell. They were obviously taken many, many years ago.
      • Q: Why is that obvious?
      • A: Because you can't give me the answer.
      • Q: Why does that make it obvious that it [sic] was taken many, many years ago?
      • A: Because if they were taken recently, you'd probably remember.
      • Q: When did I say I didn't remember?
      • A: I don't know.
      • Q: So why is it obvious they were taken many years ago?
      • A: Because if they were taken recently, you would remember, I imagine.
      • Q: When did I say I couldn't remember?
      • A: Well then tell me who they are, tell me when they were taken.

You can read the rest....Trump is completely incoherent. I actually am wondering whether the man earned or purchased his degree and high school diploma. I mean really. Anyone with half a brain would have switched their personal pronoun to "I" or have shifted to the impersonal pronoun "one."
  • Page 22 - 25
    • Trump is shown videos of people delivering course content pertaining to making money in real estate. [I suspect it's content similar to a "No Money Down" seminar, which from what I can tell is about all Trump U. was.]

Now how does the man not recognize so much as one of his instructors? Go to any large university and find out whether s/he knows any of their professors, or whether they'd recognize any of them by a photo. I'm sure they all know at least one. Come on. What does everyone say? "I'm not good with names, but I recognize faces." Trump apparently recognizes neither. You know who doesn't recognize either? Self-centered, narcissistic, egomaniacal bastards.
  • Page 26
    • Q: (paraphrased) Do you know anyone named James Harris?
      A: I don't know.

WTH? Who says they don't know if they know someone? Only someone who's utterly stupid. If one doesn't recognize the name, one doesn't know that person. I mean really. For example:
      • I've met every living President twice and I'm sure not one of them remembers my name or having met me; they do not know me. We've merely met. They were in the same place I was. They shook my hand and spoke with me for 30 seconds to a minute. I don't know them either, but I remember the event, and they surely do not. Were either of us asked if we know the other, the correct answer from each of us is "no."

On one trip to the White House, I met Jerry and Betty Ford. I received a tour led by them. We saw the bowling alley, the indoor pool, the residence, the Blue Room and the Oval Office. Jerry Ford gave me a Bicentennial quarter and signed a UNICEF donation box. I still have the quarter and the box. Jerry Ford nor his wife, were they asked, would not have had the first idea of who I am even though they were told my name. They didn't know me and they knew it and so did I.

If someone were to remind any of them who I was and how and when they met me, they maybe, maybe would remember. (Pols are pretty good at that in general.) More likely they'd remember the event more so than remember me specifically. If I reminded them of what I said to them, assuming it was something uncustomary, they might recall me to the extent of something like "oh, yes, you're that guy. I do remember your saying that." Of course, I don't even recall what I said, so I'm sure it wasn't memorable.

I'm sure things are much the same with Trump. He doesn't remember the person's name, so he doesn't know them. He should have just said, "No. I don't know that person." But, noooo...the cagey "mutha" tried to hedge his bet, as it were, by saying "I don't know." No integrity whatsoever. Just none, not even under oath.

You can read through the rest of the deposition on your own. The point I'm making here is that Trump has no business remarking upon what Mrs. Clinton cannot remember. He can't even remember the people whom he employed. The people whom he watched -- you'll see in the deposition that he said he stood in the room and watched classes be taught -- deliver his course content are people whom he doesn't even recognize by photo.

Trump probably could not remember anything relevant to Trump University because he had very little to do with it other than selling his name. And no, that doesn't make what he did any better.

It reminds me of the get rich quick schemes I hear on talk radio for learning to sell real estate using other peoples money. If the people are so successful with their real estate business, then what are they doing creating competition for themselves. Oh, actually they are making more money selling the classes to people that will eventually fail in real estate.

It reminds me of the get rich quick schemes I hear on talk radio for learning to sell real estate using other peoples money.

Right....

Trump is shown videos of people delivering course content pertaining to making money in real estate. [I suspect it's content similar to a "No Money Down" seminar, which from what I can tell is about all Trump U. was.]

'320 Years' must work for CNN.

I've been very clear on multiple occasions, including in my USMB profile and my introduction of myself to the forum, that I am a management consultant. CNN is not even among my clients.

My experience with mgmt. consultants is that they usually get overpaid for f^cking up what already works (like most liberals). Maybe you're different, tho'?............:tomato:

Oh sure, the vast majority of your management folks are "liberals" [shudder].

I've been very clear on multiple occasions, including in my USMB profile and my introduction of myself to the forum, that I am a management consultant. CNN is not even among my clients.

My experience with mgmt. consultants is that they usually get overpaid for f^cking up what already works (like most liberals). Maybe you're different, tho'?............:tomato:

I cannot say what your experiences with consultants entails. I can say that ~70% of the revenue I generate each year comes as repeat business obtained from Fortune 200 companies or similarly sized private concerns. My clients are thus satisfied with my and my project teams' performance. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with management consultants.

I cannot say what your experiences with consultants entails. I can say that ~70% of the revenue I generate each year comes as repeat business obtained from Fortune 200 companies or similarly sized private concerns. My clients are thus satisfied with my and my project teams' performance. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with management consultants.

Like I said, maybe you're different...............

Ok...with that out of the way...What about my OP led you to think I "must work for CNN?"

Ok...with that out of the way...What about my OP led you to think I "must work for CNN?"

Because you are parroting them; as in 'Polly, wanna cracker?'. But, it's more like a case of a partisan stooge taking their talking point cues from them. Either way, it is totally unoriginal, on yer' part.

Because you are parroting them; as in 'Polly, wanna cracker?'. But, it's more like a case of a partisan stooge taking their talking point cues from them. Either way, it is totally unoriginal, on yer' part.

Parroting CNN? What news story or editorial of theirs have I parroted?

My OP:
  • Provides a link to a sworn deposition that details specific instances of Donald Trump having, under oath, claimed to not remember some 50 people who worked for him, some of whom he claimed, in the deposition, to have observed teaching his courses, and even upon seeing their photos and watching video of them teaching, rather than simply say he doesn't know those people, hedges his bet by saying "he doesn't know" if he knows those people.
  • Shows some of the sworn testimony from the deposition.
  • Argues that Trumps remarks in the deposition are absurd, inane and indicative of a lack of integrity due to his he doesn't know whether he knows someone.

Frankly, I would find stating that one does not know whether one knows another individual perjurious, for it's impossible that one (one who's sane/not demented) cannot know whether one knows another person. Ask any sane person whether they know a thing/person, and they must know whether they know that thing or person. If they cannot recall the thing or person, they do not know that thing or person. Asking a person whether a given action occurred or did not is a wholly different matter. I can understand a person not remembering whether an act, sequence of actions, or in what sequence events occurred.
  • Concludes, based on Donald Trump's own remarks:
    • He's got no basis to chide anyone over what they cannot remember.

Forum List

Back