What does everyone think of this guy?

J

jcon96

AWOL soldier

The site seems a little thin on details,like his unit, his MOS (job) and the reaction of his family. He has already goten an email from me, what are some other opinions out there?

The poor misguided boy...........
Love how he is now being exploited by Michael Moore and the rest of the far left fanatics.

Hope he enjoys back bacon & LaBatts for a long time:D

Theres a reason that he's an enlisted man and not a high ranking officer. That would be because he sounds too stupid to make a decision like whether or not the war is unjust.

Thats a generals job, not a sgts. A sgts job is to determine whether his UNIT is ordered to do anything illegal or not.

what a buffoon.

Let's hope that he's never excused and allowed to return to the USA unpunished.

I find it sort of funny how you guys jump on this guy but find it so easy to forgive Bush for going AWOL

Originally posted by deaddude
I find it sort of funny how you guys jump on this guy but find it so easy to forgive Bush for going AWOL!!

Bush wasn't awol. And if you plan on replying that he was in fact awol, don't bother unless you plan on providing proof and sources. Your word is already dog shit around here.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Bush wasn't awol. And if you plan on replying that he was in fact awol, don't bother unless you plan on providing proof and sources. Your word is already dog shit around here.

Yea he'll be around long with idiotic regergitated accusations like that.:p: :rolleyes:

He looks and sounds like a scummy little weasel that we are better off not having in the army or in the country. He should go ahead and move to France where he will find people just like himself.

Screw him. He knew damn well that he could have been sent somewhere. When you join the Army, it's always a possibility. What the hell does he think the Army is and why the hell did he join?

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
Screw him. He knew damn well that he could have been sent somewhere. When you join the Army, it's always a possibility. What the hell does he think the Army is and why the hell did he join?

Under Canadian law they shouldn't be given asylum. We should get these weasles back and parachute them into Fallujah.

What Canadian Law would that be? (inquisitve, not rhetorical or aggressive)

What Canadian Law would that be? (inquisitve, not rhetorical or aggressive)

I heard Bill O'Rielly talking about it. I believe they don't qualify for political asylum.

"I heard Bill O'Rielly talking about it. I believe they don't qualify for political asylum"

Thats all well and good but do you happen to know which Law specificaly for instance

canadian penal code 249 or some such

also France would be happy to give such asylum if the canadians fail him

"I heard Bill O'Rielly talking about it. I believe they don't qualify for political asylum"

Thats all well and good but do you happen to know which Law specificaly for instance

canadian penal code 249 or some such

also France would be happy to give such asylum if the canadians fail him

No I do not nor do I pretend to be an expert on Canadian or American law. O'Rielly said it so I assume he knows what he is talking about.

Cowards? I think these men are very brave. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your country and your army when you think they are wrong. I especially find Jeremy Heinzman's case to be interesting. I'm really surprised that you hard-core Christians haven't commented on the fact that he asked for consciencous objector status based upon religious views, and that he made, IMHO, a very reasonable request to be transferred to non-combat duties. The army could've handled this, they simply chose to be arrogant and not do so. The other kid also should've been allowed to leave...give him a dishonorable discharge if you want. As for Bill O'Lielly don't believe a word he says.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Cowards? I think these men are very brave. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to your country and your army when you think they are wrong. I especially find Jeremy Heinzman's case to be interesting. I'm really surprised that you hard-core Christians haven't commented on the fact that he asked for consciencous objector status based upon religious views, and that he made, IMHO, a very reasonable request to be transferred to non-combat duties. The army could've handled this, they simply chose to be arrogant and not do so. The other kid also should've been allowed to leave...give him a dishonorable discharge if you want. As for Bill O'Lielly don't believe a word he says.

acludem

This is an all-volunteer force. These guys didn't get forced into it. If the guy wanted out or concsciencous objector status, he should've mentioned something when he joined, rather than train as a combat soldier until it looked like he might actually get shot at. These guys suck.

Now, during Vietnam, it was different. Much of the country opposed the war, but many were being forced to fight it, anyway. They had to decide whether to risk life and limb by fighting a war they didn't believe or kiss their country goodbye. In that situation, I don't know who is really 'braver.' However, these people all joined the military of their own free will, then bailed out as soon as they were asked to do what they swore to do. You know, the oath they took when they joined, "To defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." That's what makes them cowards.

As for Bill O'Reilly, he's a lot more reliable than you are, acludem. He presents facts and then sources for those facts. I even go and check out these sources and look for the stories in other sources to make sure I get the whole story, and O'Reilly almost (nobody's perfect) always gets the facts right on the nose. Now, I don't always agree with the opinions he has on those facts, but the facts are nearly always good. Now, do you have any way to actually discredit Mr. O'Reilly's presentations on the facts, or are you just going to make that claim without showing me anything else about it. It's the "New York Times" that lies, acludem. The even claimed O'Reilly lied about his hometown and refused to apoligize when he produced an old deed to their home in his father's name, and the house was right where he said it was, too.

Originally posted by acludem

acludem

In my opinion, when you join the armed forces (voluntarily, I might add) you know that you might well be asked to fight for our country. You also know that the fight might not be one that you'd choose for yourself, but you understand that you are agreeing to fight nonetheless.

I have no pity for anyone in this position.

Our local UPS driver, for example, a 40'ish chap who has been in the National Guard for a while and is being deployed in June, is another type of example of this. He signed on for the benefits, basically, but he knows that now he must do his duty and serve in Iraq. His wife is a wreck about it, and I feel for the guy having to go, but he knew the stakes before he started the game.
Originally posted by Hobbit
This is an all-volunteer force. These guys didn't get forced into it. If the guy wanted out or concsciencous objector status, he should've mentioned something when he joined, rather than train as a combat soldier until it looked like he might actually get shot at. These guys suck.

Now, during Vietnam, it was different. Much of the country opposed the war, but many were being forced to fight it, anyway. They had to decide whether to risk life and limb by fighting a war they didn't believe or kiss their country goodbye. In that situation, I don't know who is really 'braver.' However, these people all joined the military of their own free will, then bailed out as soon as they were asked to do what they swore to do. You know, the oath they took when they joined, "To defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." That's what makes them cowards.
^^^ What he said!

Originally posted by Hobbit

As for Bill O'Reilly, he's a lot more reliable than you are, acludem. He presents facts and then sources for those facts. I even go and check out these sources and look for the stories in other sources to make sure I get the whole story, and O'Reilly almost (nobody's perfect) always gets the facts right on the nose. Now, I don't always agree with the opinions he has on those facts, but the facts are nearly always good. Now, do you have any way to actually discredit Mr. O'Reilly's presentations on the facts, or are you just going to make that claim without showing me anything else about it. It's the "New York Times" that lies, acludem. The even claimed O'Reilly lied about his hometown and refused to apoligize when he produced an old deed to their home in his father's name, and the house was right where he said it was, too.

Bingo. All volunteer service. If they were drafted, its understandable. You volunteer and join up to become a soldier to fight in the US army and accept any of the combat that they may face. Not to mention you take the money that they offer you to pay for college. Then you up and decide not to fight when there's an actual battle to be fought? Thats not courage. Thats being a pussy who got caught trying to steal some money from the government. If you can't handle combat, you dont volunteer.

Forum List

Back