What do you want your economy to do

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Rshermr, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    With automation, and mergers and acquisitions, and outsourcing, workers are getting squeezed. Managers are getting squeezed. But the Top Management are getting richer and richer. Fewer companies mean fewer jobs. Outsourcing means fewer jobs here. And Automation continues to replace workers with machines.

So, under laisses-faire competition, what is the result?? Fewer jobs, more competition for the jobs that exist and lower earnings for workers.

Lower costs and higher profits for corporations.

Mergers and acquisitions mean higher prices and higher profits again, for corporations.

So, the result is a two tier economy, and population. The very few very wealthy. And the very many and very poor workers. That ends up being the end result, without intervention, of Laisses Faire competition. Along with a few middle wealth people, accountants and lawyers, and other professionals. But, all are scrambling for a very few jobs.

On the road to libertarianism. Not quite there, but pretty well committed. So what happens next?? It will not be pleasant, but people will not put up with it. There may be violent revolt. Or it may be a slow healing, over decades, under nonviolent revolution. But revolution it will be. Because people will not live that way.

Any great IDEAS?? Cause you, and I, will NOT like the result. Nor will the cons on this site, though they will not believe they are not part of the chosen ones. Ever here of Somalia???

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. akelch

akelch Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    What do you think people want? A job? More government handouts? To punish the rich?

Why do you think there are no jobs? Why do you think companies send jobs over seas? Could it be that they can't find good workers here?

3. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    So, you are a con tool. Expressing con dogma. All of which is your little opinion. Profound. And completely unhelpfull.

You must be so proud of yourself.

4. akelch

akelch Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Touchy..... I thought you wanted to find answers? I guess I was wrong.

Goodbye.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Rshermr

Rshermr VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Yep. Answers would be great. But not dogma. All you said, from what I could read, is that our workers want handouts, are not good at what they do, are too demanding, etc. And the beat goes on. How do you think that those are SOLUTIONS. Me boy, if you think those are solutions, then you are INCAPABLE of discussion. I hope, for your sake, you are not that stupid.

6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,061
    I want Liberals to work in the private sector

7. asterism

asterism Congress != Progress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,073
    Somalia is not the result of laisses-faire economics, nor libertarian ideas. Somalia is the result of a civil war after a first communist then marxist government collapsed. Libertarian and libertarian perspectives are oriented towards limited government, not no government.

Somalia is an example of what happens when extreme left bias in economics and government fail.

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,061
    Liberals need to have some private sector experience before they start mouthing off their great economic "ideas"

I always get a laugh out of how people living in Mom's basement reading "Little Red Book" and "Audacity of Hope" think that's all the experience they need to discuss economics

9. EdwardBaiamonte

EdwardBaiamonte Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,063
    all very true, but liberals keep adding to the panoply of welfare entitlements so fewer and fewer work and fewer and fewer of those who do work see it as a necessity. This is why 24 million are unemployed(U 6)

10. S.J.

S.J. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,806
    I want an economy that makes people work for a living, regardless of their race or political affiliation.