CDZ What do Trump and the GOP do when heinous criminals don't fit their desired/actual narrative?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Well, the answer is multiple forms of nothing:
  • They don't discard their spurious narrative/rhetoric.
  • They don't implement solutions.
In another thread, a member wrote:
They'll flunk. Someone isn't thinking ahead

I saw that and I thought the matter of curtailing the incidence of gun shootings and mass shootings does not require one to think ahead. There have been enough of them, in recent years no less, that one need no measure of prescience to know damn well that absent profound change(s) of some sort(s), they are going to happen again, no matter where they happen.

Someone not thinking ahead isn't the problem. The problem is twofold:
  • Too many people thinking way too hard to conjure ways to "spin" the matter so they can pacify the NRA, white nationalists, and "gun nuts" and appear also to be taking action to ameliorate the incidence of unlawful fatal shootings.
  • Too many people simply not thinking.

In just the past year we've seen...
  • Parkland, FL -- 17 dead; 14 injured by Nikolas Cruz

• mugshot1a.jpg

• Las Vegas -- 58 dead; 500+ injured by Steven Paddock

• 44FF919B00000578-4951334-Mystery_Stephen_Paddock_64_had_booked_himself_into_the_a_hotel_i-a-4_1507202109966.jpg

• Ft. Lauderdale airport -- 5 dead, 8 injured by Esteban Santiago

• santiago.jpg

• Sutherland Springs, TX -- 26 dead; 20 injured by Devin Patrick Kelley

• 171106-devin-kelley-mc-934_f822de035d153893301c37808838e6f0.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

• Lincoln County, MS -- 8 shot dead by Willie Cory Godbolt

• img_5204.jpg
...and none of that fits with the spurious rhetoric Trump and other Republicans would have Americans believe because every one of those curs was born and raised an American. Indeed, looking back to 2012, the only non-American mass shooter, IIRC, was Tashfeen Malik, one of the two San Bernardino (SB) mass-shooters (14 dead), though the other SB shooter was born and raised in the U.S.

Spam n troll thread.

After all that, your response was "Spam n troll thread"?

To help things along, your debate should linger on what was wrong with those fellows or hot to pick them out sooner. Perhaps talking about profiling improvements in the FBI under Trump? Are there any? Any pick up in arrests made to prevent mass shootings?

Spam n troll thread.

After all that, your response was "Spam n troll thread"?

To help things along, your debate should linger on what was wrong with those fellows or hot to pick them out sooner. Perhaps talking about profiling improvements in the FBI under Trump? Are there any? Any pick up in arrests made to prevent mass shootings?

'After all that' what? Quit reading after the tabloid quality thread title, and seeing the post was just a bunch of pics, apparently from some deviant into young school boys.

Are you saying there is something there worth reading? I mean stuff that isn't just some parroting or other that hasn't been said over and over and over and over for decades.

Forum List

Back