What do think of the Dream Act?

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
The DREAM Act would give undocumented young people the chance to earn permanent residency and eventually citizenship if they graduate from U.S. high schools, have been in the country at least five years continuously and meet educational or military service stipulations.

"We should not punish children for their parents' mistakes," Durbin said. "That is not the American way. The DREAM Act says to these kids: 'America will give you a chance. We will give you the opportunity to earn your way to legal status if you work hard and play by the rules.'"

Most of those who would be affected by the bill were brought to the U.S. by their parents and know no other life or home than the ones their parents have crafted for them. Students like Carlos Robles, 20, and his brother Rafael, 19, above, who found themselves in jail and facing deportation were at the center of the Times story. And there is Eric Balderas, the 19-year-old Harvard University student who was brought to the country at the age of 4 and grew up thinking he was a U.S. citizen.

Is the Dream Act a better idea than the Path to Citizenship in the Immigration Reform bill?

DREAM Act receives renewed interest in immigration debate - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Should the the DREAM immigration reform act be passed? | Comments Blog | Los Angeles Times

The U.S. just sent the kids of the Russian spies home with them. So much for not punishing the kids. We also sent Elian Gonzalez back to Cuba.
They dont have much credibility and this stinks of an amnesty program that will magically expand to include adults.

It's just another AMNESTY.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

The Dream act is a nightmare.

squatdropkm8.jpg

It's just another AMNESTY.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

The Dream act is a nightmare.

squatdropkm8.jpg
Amnesty is a pardon for a crime. Since for most part, the bill effects young adults who came to to this country as children, what crime did they commit? The crime was committed by their parents who brought them here.

If they are willing to prove themselves by service in the military or furthering their education, they should be given the opportunity to seek citizenship. It makes no sense to punish someone for the actions of their parents.

The U.S. just sent the kids of the Russian spies home with them. So much for not punishing the kids. We also sent Elian Gonzalez back to Cuba.
They dont have much credibility and this stinks of an amnesty program that will magically expand to include adults.

The Dems don't see kids or adults - but rather VOTERS.

And the Unions see increased UNION DUES.

Such a nasty-nasty affair is this immigration political back room peddling...

Forum List

Back