what did she know and when did she know it.....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
too funny......grandma has grown forgetfull.......i sense an "i don't recall" defense in the future......

CIA Says Pelosi Was Briefed on Use of 'Enhanced Interrogations' - Capitol Briefing

Intelligence officials released documents this evening saying that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was briefed in September 2002 about the use of harsh interrogation tactics against al-Qaeda prisoners, seemingly contradicting her repeated statements over the past 18 months that she was never told that these techniques were actually being used.

:eek:

i have a strong suspicion this is one of the reasons obama has backed off, that and the enhanced techniques might actually have been legal...

Exactly so. So if they are going to jail the people writting the quite scholarly legal briefs allowing enchanced iterrogation then thay she make jail s[pace right next door for all the Dems that went along with it for the first 6+ years of the Bsh Administration.

Exactly so. So if they are going to jail the people writting the quite scholarly legal briefs allowing enchanced iterrogation then thay she make jail s[pace right next door for all the Dems that went along with it for the first 6+ years of the Bsh Administration.

That is EXACTLY why after this epic failure at rewriting history the dems are now silent on the issue. They thought they could use their popularity over Obama to just rewrite what happened. Now they know better.

too funny......grandma has grown forgetfull.......i sense an "i don't recall" defense in the future......

CIA Says Pelosi Was Briefed on Use of 'Enhanced Interrogations' - Capitol Briefing

Intelligence officials released documents this evening saying that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was briefed in September 2002 about the use of harsh interrogation tactics against al-Qaeda prisoners, seemingly contradicting her repeated statements over the past 18 months that she was never told that these techniques were actually being used.

This comes as no surprise to me.

It's embarrassing that she's still in a leadership position.

i have a strong suspicion this is one of the reasons obama has backed off, that and the enhanced techniques might actually have been legal...

I'm with you on the first point, not so much on the second.

Who would they replace her with? All the highest ranking Members were in on it. In both the House and the Senate. I knew she was full of shit when she wanted to replace the ranking democrat on a committee with Jefferson just months before he was charged, all because she did not like the other guy.

Who would they replace her with? All the highest ranking Members were in on it. In both the House and the Senate. I knew she was full of shit when she wanted to replace the ranking democrat on a committee with Jefferson just months before he was charged, all because she did not like the other guy.

It was more of an in general statement as opposed to relating to this particular charge. I just can't stand Pelosi and Reid.

Imagine that... A politician conveniently mis-remembering the facts....

And some of you want to give these people more power... :cuckoo:

Yes, the GOP was clever enough to include her so if they ever got in trouble for torture, so would she.

Remember, back then they were saying that the Democrats were weak on defense, weak on terror and if they were in charge we would be attacked again? Well there was a reason for doing that. They knew the Democrats wouldn't have the political courage to blow the wistle.

Can you imagine if Pelosi told America that the CIA was torturing? They would have cried that the Democrats were making our troops less safe!!!

Does that excuse Pelosi? No it does not. She needs to step down and she might even be charged. Although I think the only ones who should be charged are Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld.

CIA torturers should even be charged. They can't say, "I was just following orders", but I hope they are also NOT charged.

I want the top dogs charged. Privates took the fall at Abu Grabe. This time, the bosses heads need to roll.

Yes, the GOP was clever enough to include her so if they ever got in trouble for torture, so would she.

Remember, back then they were saying that the Democrats were weak on defense, weak on terror and if they were in charge we would be attacked again? Well there was a reason for doing that. They knew the Democrats wouldn't have the political courage to blow the wistle.

Can you imagine if Pelosi told America that the CIA was torturing? They would have cried that the Democrats were making our troops less safe!!!

Does that excuse Pelosi? No it does not. She needs to step down and she might even be charged. Although I think the only ones who should be charged are Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld.

CIA torturers should even be charged. They can't say, "I was just following orders", but I hope they are also NOT charged.

I want the top dogs charged. Privates took the fall at Abu Grabe. This time, the bosses heads need to roll.

what charges are you planning to bring against Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld.....?

do you even know what the privates at the frat abu grabe were chraged with....

she has feet of clay

time for someone to knock her off of that house speaker pedestal

so disingenuous of her to defend her actions by saying they never TOLD her they were actively engaging in the torture activities they described. the obvious question begging to be asked is why then did pelosi not inquire whether if the torture methods were being used

she wanted plausible deniability
the CIA denied it to her

good job, spooks!

next one who needs to go is reid ... just pursue his land swindles in nevada using government real estate in trade

and murtha should be an easy target; follow his trail of slime

and we now have eric holder admitting that he authorized the rendition during the clinton era ... moving prisoners elsewhere to be tortured

yes, we can see why Obama is reluctant to pursue the criminality of torture. a shame

what charges are you planning to bring against Bush, Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld.....?

War crimes. Torture.

No, I don't know what they were charged with specifically. What?

Pelosi and Reid have clearly overreached on this one. That being said, the mainstream media will provide ample cover as it does not wish Obama to receive any collateral damage from their stupidity. I imagine the Colin Powell vs Limbaugh non-story will be the focus of all the Sunday news programs and the torture debate will start to fade quickly.

To Pelosi specifically, she is personally doing far more harm to the Democrat brand name than any Republican ever could. Fortunately for her, the Republicans are leaderless and as such, are a minimal threat to her power.

she has feet of clay

so disingenuous of her to defend her actions by saying they never TOLD her they were actively engaging in the torture activities they described. the obvious question begging to be asked is why then did pelosi not inquire whether if the torture methods were being used

the CIA denied it to her

good job, spooks!

next one who needs to go is reid ... just pursue his land swindles in nevada using government real estate in trade

and we now have eric holder admitting that he authorized the rendition during the clinton era ... moving prisoners elsewhere to be tortured

yes, we can see why Obama is reluctant to pursue the criminality of torture. a shame

Don't forget Dodd.

And Sen. Max Baucus, Democrat in charge of the Finance Committee, has denied people on behalf of single payer healthcare a seat at the table.

In other words, the Healthcare industry has gotten to Max Baucus. He needs to go too.

War crimes. Torture.

what war crimes......

torture by what definition.....

you said the took the fall for soemthing ... i assume you knew what they did and what they were charged with....guess not....

War crimes. Torture.

what war crimes......

you said the took the fall for soemthing ... i assume you knew what they did and what they were charged with....guess not....

4 truths you can not avoid

1. Waterboarding is torture
2. Torture is illegal and a war crime
3. We waterboarded
4. Bush authorized it

The guards at Abu Grabe were told to fuck with the prisoners. ENCOURAGED. That came from Rumsfeld/Bush/Cheney. Were they charged with torture? Probably not. The CIA guys did the torturing.

War crimes. Torture.

what war crimes......

4 truths you can not avoid

1. Waterboarding is torture
2. Torture is illegal and a war crime
3. We waterboarded
4. Bush authorized it

The guards at Abu Grabe were told to fuck with the prisoners. ENCOURAGED. That came from Rumsfeld/Bush/Cheney. Were they charged with torture? Probably not. The CIA guys did the torturing.

1 is debateable based on the definition of torture

2 under what set of laws

3 is true

4 has yet to be proved as far as i know....

got the memo that says "fuck with prisoners" ..... signed by Rumsfeld/Bush/Cheney ....

she has feet of clay

the CIA denied it to her

good job, spooks!

I see this as equivalent to the congressional idiots who, wanting to cover their butts, plead ignorance by saying they weren't privvy to the same intel as Bush -- which was BS. As was found later, the fact was that they didn't read the intel they were given, just as they don't read most of the bills that they vote on. These are the liars, voted into an office of public trust.

Forum List

Back