What did everyone get their spouse/SO for Christmas?

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I got Tim tickets to the only show for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and also their 3 CD box set which includes a DVD of some of their performances.

I have been hinting to him, and torturing him about his gift, telling him its super cool, but the only deal is he has to drive there because it will be dark and I don't like driving downtown at night. He knows we are going to an event of some sort, but he can't seem to figure out what.

Last night we were in the car, and the dj's start talking about the group coming to town, and how the show is sold out, and how great last year was etc. Tim's like, "man I wish we could have known about them being here sooner. I would have gotten tickets." It took all I had not to say I already got them, so I amused that thought by saying I would check ebay to see if someone was selling some, and if the price was reasonable, I would get them.

NUTHIN"!
We agreed not to exchange, and if our credit card is under control, we are going to take a trip next summer. We wanted to this year, for our tenth anniversary, but it didn't work out. So that's what we're doing!

mom4 said:
NUTHIN"!
We agreed not to exchange, and if our credit card is under control, we are going to take a trip next summer. We wanted to this year, for our tenth anniversary, but it didn't work out. So that's what we're doing!

hey, whatever works for you. Tim and I had a similar agreement that if our finances didn't look on the black (because this time of year, overtime is nil), we would just get some presents or I would make some, for immediate family only.

BUT...since Tim got in with this new company QRS, they still have lots of business, because even though they do what the other company, NTS, does as far as traffic control, they have a slightly different market. QRS works mostly with utility companies, so most of their work is called out for at the last minute. Whereas NTS, they worked stuff that is slated to be worked on in advance like new housing areas, highway reconstruction, etc. This time of year, there are the usual water main breaks, power lines down from ice, etc, so Tim is still averaging 4-5 hrs a week in overtime with QRS.

Well, my husband's brother just called. They are going on a last-minute shopping trip. He is probably going to get me something. He always does that! And he always buys stuff for himself, too! :spank3:

A gift certificate to Lawry's-we both get! :laugh: That's what is good about dating.

mom4 said:
Well, my husband's brother just called. They are going on a last-minute shopping trip. He is probably going to get me something. He always does that! And he always buys stuff for himself, too! :spank3:

We do the 'presents to ourselves' thing too. Tim bought himself a Dremel kit.
my present to myself was the 3-disc collector DVD of Titanic, just out a few weeks ago. I wanted to watch it so bad when I saw it, so i got it. I highly recommend it, as it shows the original scripted ending (WAY different than the final version) as well as commentary by all the cast and crew, cool documentary stuff, and lots of other goodies.

fuzzykitten99 said:
We do the 'presents to ourselves' thing too. Tim bought himself a Dremel kit.
my present to myself was the 3-disc collector DVD of Titanic, just out a few weeks ago. I wanted to watch it so bad when I saw it, so i got it. I highly recommend it, as it shows the original scripted ending (WAY different than the final version) as well as commentary by all the cast and crew, cool documentary stuff, and lots of other goodies.
Really? How does it end? I probably won't get a chance to see it.

We aren't able to get anything for each other this year thanks to the fuel pump on the car going out and the dog getting sick. It's o.k. by me tho,the dog is feeling great now,my car is working(no more driving my husband's truck!),and the kids are having a wonderful Christmas as usual,that is the most important to me.

mom4 said:
Really? How does it end? I probably won't get a chance to see it.

***Warning, spoiler for those who don't want to know yet***
>
>
>
>

To make it short, old Rose shows Brock and Lizzie, and the other crew the diamond, THEN throws it overboard. Lewis Bodine (the big bearded guy) yells out "That really sucks, lady!"

I am glad they changed it, as I could not see myself laughing like I did with this ending, being this movie was more on the serious side. It was kind of out of place, but you know we were all thinking the same thing even in the final ending.

krisy said:
We aren't able to get anything for each other this year thanks to the fuel pump on the car going out and the dog getting sick. It's o.k. by me tho,the dog is feeling great now,my car is working(no more driving my husband's truck!),and the kids are having a wonderful Christmas as usual,that is the most important to me.

hey, as long as the kids are happy, we're happy, huh? :) We feel it less if we don't many, if any presents.

Godiva chocolate, a Land's End fleece, and some candles from "Illuminations" or whatever that candle store in the mall is. She also gets a new pair of "camel-colored high-heeled boots" on me, but she has to pick 'em out.

Oh, and I got her the book "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" She'll get a kick out of that.

The ClayTaurus said:
Godiva chocolate
Oh, the best chocolate in the world, worth every penny. Your s/o is lucky!
i don't know how many times i have asked for this for any occasion. but the nearest Godiva retailer is 22 miles away, and good luck getting Tim to order something online. This year he bragged about going to 2 different stores rather than just one, and I know for a fact that he never left this city...

though i did get Tim's grandma a small box of the sugar-free versions of the truffles.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Oh, the best chocolate in the world, worth every penny. Your s/o is lucky!
i don't know how many times i have asked for this for any occasion. but the nearest Godiva retailer is 22 miles away, and good luck getting Tim to order something online. This year he bragged about going to 2 different stores rather than just one, and I know for a fact that he never left this city...

though i did get Tim's grandma a small box of the sugar-free versions of the truffles.

Well, my girlfriend lived in Switzerland for awhile, so Godiva is far from the best chocolate in the world to her...

BUT SHE CAN SUCK IT UP AND ENJOY THE 30 DOLLARS OF TRUFFLES ANYWAYS!

Actually, I kid. She's hardly a chocolate snob. I could sit on some Hershey's kisses and she'd still melt if I gave them to her. Addicted, much?

In her opinion though, as a chocolate connoisseur, in case anyone wants to know/make a suggestion to someone, Lindt is apparently the best.

Oh yeah...I also got her an indoor-outdoor weather station thing...a 'sender' hangs outside and sends info to a display panel inside. :)

Forum List

Back