What camera and lenses do you have

Discussion in 'Photography and Imaging' started by Ringel05, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,582
    The problem for me with phone cameras is the simply don't have the photographic range I like. They're great for the casual user taking snapshots but you can't do a true telephoto or a true macro shot. With a digital or a pre-digital (35mm) there's a huge range of control a phone camera can only ever dream of having.

2. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,295
    The best camera I ever had was a lttlle 6mp Kodak EasyShare.

I carried that thing around in my pocket all summer long for almost ten years when my son was playing baseball.

I dropped that thing in the ocean on accident, though, down in Myrtle Beach. I tried a 16mp camera after that but they were always blurry for some reason. The video was okay, but the pictures blew.

This is generally the best quality I have of photos, this was on the 6mp Kodak at Cooperstown Dreams Park. Push the button once to autozoom then push it again to snap. Man, I got so many good pictures of the ball coming off the bat. The timing was perfect on the snap all the time. It held the zoom for like 5 seconds, so you had time to wait to snap the picture, but the picture snapped as soon as you hit the button. No delay at all.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  3. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,582
    I am waiting on an early birthday present, not high end by any stretch of the imagination and manual focus to boot but is quite useful for some photography.
    It's a 500mm that also comes with a 2X teleconverter making it 1000mm.

[​IMG]

The highest zoom I currently have is a 300mm Nikon, very stable with vibration reduction technology so easy to get clear shots. The big one on the other hand is rather touchy so definitely requires a tripod for stabilization.

Different zoom levels;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,582
    Arriving this week, had a modest influx of money and found a deal too sweet to pass up.
    Nikon D7100 (used) in excellent condition at half the price they go for in that condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once it arrives I'll put my D40x up for sale with the 18mm -55mm lens and maybe even the 55mm - 200mm lens. That should off set what I paid for the D7100.

Nikon D7100 In-Depth Review