What Are Your Thoughts on Daylight Savings Time?

our Florida legislature and senators were going to continue daylight savings (for more tourist revenue) but the PTA put a stop to it. children would be going to school in the dark. if it is changed, school must open later.

I am up at 5 am, and I wait til the sun rises to water plants and get on with my day as do many seniors in Florida. I called both senators and gave them a big fat no!

I have no idea why a politician has not made Daylight Savings a campaign issue. Everyone is united in hating it.
I’m thinking Trump will eventually put a stop to that nonsense.

Last time change 6 mo ago everyone was in a tizzy (and I agree I have always hated it), people wanted to do away with it. Trump said "put it on my desk I will sign it"

DaylightSaving_SpringForward.jpg

I believe that China enforces a single time zone for the entire country. We should adopt Chinese time - the actual time, not the concept. Then we can work at night and play all day!

I'm diggin' it.

Where I live we don't deal with it. Only consequence for me is in the fall when it affects my viewing of NFL games. At football season's start, the Sunday games begin at 10am and 1 pm. When the rest of the nation comes off Daylight Savings Time those times switch to 11am and 2pm here.

It's been around since WW1 so it's not a new concept. I wonder how many under educated kids grew up believing that somehow the days will be longer and there will be more sunlight?

DST is one of the greatest psychological tricks in human history. Nothing changes except our perception of time. Government decree forces people to start their day an hour earlier than they did the day before.

I have a friend who has a birthday today. In most U.S. states, she'd get 25 hours today to celebrate. However, she lives in Hawaii which doesn't observe DST.
:eusa_eh:

I'm okay with daylight savings time. I think I may be used to the whole spring forward fall back thing but I enjoy that extra hour when I get it and I don't notice the hour lost anymore. Also, I think it would be much darker without it so thats a plus. Even though I'm a night person lol

This first week of it getting dark at 5pm always makes me feel like I live in Siberia or something

I would like to get rid of the concept of Time all together. The shit keeps catching up with me and I am tired of the running. It just needs to stop.

Forum List

Back