What a suprise: Berger Theft leaves 9/11 commission incomplete...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://republicans.oversight.house.gov/news/PRArticle.aspx?NewsID=4

Press Release

Did the 9/11 Commission receive all the documents it requested?
Davis Releases Berger Report
January 9, 2007

By David Marin (202)225-5074

Washington, D.C. – Oversight and Government Reform Committee Ranking Member Tom Davis (R-VA) released the following statement today on a committee report that sheds important new light on Sandy Berger’s theft of classified documents from the National Archives. The report makes it clear that the full extent of Mr. Berger’s document removal can never be known, and consequently the Department of Justice could not assure the 9/11 Commission that it received all responsive documents to which Mr. Berger had access.

“My staff’s investigation reveals that President Clinton’s former National Security Advisor Sandy Berger compromised national security much more than originally disclosed,” Davis said. “It is now also clear that Mr. Berger was willing to go to extraordinary lengths to compromise national security, apparently for his own convenience.

“The 9/11 Commission relied on incomplete and misleading information regarding its access to documents Mr. Berger reviewed. No one ever told the Commission that Mr. Berger had access to original documents that he could have taken without detection.

“We now know that Mr. Berger left stolen highly classified documents at a construction site to avoid detection. We know that Mr. Berger insisted on privacy at times to allow him to conceal documents that he stole. One witness with a very high security clearance believed he saw Berger concealing documents in his socks.

“Mr. Berger’s review of documents did not conform to the usual requirements for reviewing classified documents in a secure facility and under strict supervision. The Archives staff’s failure to contact law enforcement immediately and their contacts with Mr. Berger about the missing documents compromised the law enforcement effort.

“The compromised law enforcement effort contributes to reduced confidence that the 9/11 Commission received all the documents it requested. The execution of a search warrant before Mr. Berger knew there was an investigation would have either located additional documents or enhanced confidence that he stole no others than those he admitted to taking.

“The public statements of the former chief of the public integrity section, Noel Hillman, were incomplete and misleading. Because Mr. Berger had access to original documents that he could have taken without detection, we do not know if anything ‘was lost to the public or the process.’

“The Justice Department’s assertion that Mr. Berger’s statements are credible after being caught is misplaced. One wouldn’t rely on the fox to be truthful after being nabbed in the hen house. But the Justice Department apparently did.”

It still amazes me how liberals are completely numb to this. If this was a Republican 'cronie' there would be non-stop uproar. Look at how much media attention that the whole Valarie Plame/Joe Wilson debacle got, even though it all turned out to be baseless lies. The liberals were going apeshit over the prospect of a Bush administration possibly leaking the 'secret identity' of an agent, even though she was a desk jockey and it was her own husband that caused her identity to be known. Yet in this case, a man was caught red-handed stealing secret government documents, all concerning the truth about the Clinton administration and terrorism....something every American has the right to know about, and yet there isn't a peep from the media and especially not Clintonian liberals. Case in point, Sandy Berger had the gaul to come out and slam ABC for its Path to 9-11 show, and when he was on Larry King Live promoting the idea that ABC didn't have the right to do this(never mind the first amendment), Larry King didn't even bother to ask his darling Clinton guest one question about his felony theft of secret docements.
What a great journalist eh?

Not saying I'm suprised at all. Its more of the same. Just gathering up my weapons for the coming storm when the citizens will have to have a revolution to take back our country. I aint gonna start it but when it happens, I want to be prepared.

the 911 whitewash commission was a joke on all levels and simply took the guy in the cave and a dozen of his box cutter wheeling Friends conspiracy theory and then try to fit the information they had to that scenario

911 was an inside job

man they got you monkeys hooked on this left/right paradigm don't they
it doesn't exist anymore they are all new world order globalist out to destroy America . the luxury of left/ right is no longer a option the real battle is with the power elites communist globalist agenda

this ain't no alien conspiracy ...this shit is real..printed on the dollar bill
under the masonic seal.......

A NEW WORLD ORDER

man they got you monkeys hooked on this left/right paradigm don't they
it doesn't exist anymore they are all new world order globalist out to destroy America . the luxury of left/ right is no longer a option the real battle is with the power elites communist globalist agenda

this ain't no alien conspiracy ...this shit is real..printed on the dollar bill
under the masonic seal.......

A NEW WORLD ORDER

Opinions vary.:eusa_think:

I wonder why the justice department cut the deal they did.

You know usually i blow the whole illuminati stuff off as BS. Which most of it is. However, its stuff like this that makes me stop and think about it. Why isnt Berger being pursued harder? Why is the whole thing being swept under the rug by the media? What are they trying to hide?

You know usually i blow the whole illuminati stuff off as BS. Which most of it is. However, its stuff like this that makes me stop and think about it. Why isnt Berger being pursued harder? Why is the whole thing being swept under the rug by the media? What are they trying to hide?

Umm, me too. Wait I didn't say that..

and where are the Republicans. Shouldn't they be demanding to know what was on them?--if they didn't already.

and where are the Republicans. Shouldn't they be demanding to know what was on them?--if they didn't already.

Well the story was released by a republican, but I agree, there should be a lot more howling about this.

and while their at it they they should try it on Silverstein and ask him what he knows about building 7 and what the hell he meant by "we made the decision to pull building 7 " if ever there was a weak link hes it he would sing like a cannery

" remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse "

The remark is on the PBS documenatary America Rebuilds aired on the eve of the attack's anniversary:

and while their at it they they should try it on Silverstein and ask him what he knows about building 7 and what the hell he meant by "we made the decision to pull building 7 " if ever there was a weak link hes it he would sing like a cannery

" remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse "

The remark is on the PBS documenatary America Rebuilds aired on the eve of the attack's anniversary:
Seems you are able to read well enough. How about trying to 'quote' who you are addressing?

Pull building 7 ?? You think the should have just left it standing there, burning?

Forum List

Back