What a guy! dumping on a bunch of KIDS......

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Gay senator wants Boy Scouts kept out of executive mansion

ALBANY, N.Y. A state senator wants the Boy Scouts kept out of the governor's mansion because of what he calls the anti-gay positions of the national scouting organization.

State Senator Thomas Duane of Manhattan was invited by the Twin Rivers Council of the Boy Scouts to join them at the Albany mansion. The group is planning a reception Thursday on character-building programs.

In a letter to Governor Pataki this week, Duane, who is openly gay, says the governor is sending a bad message by allowing "a discriminatory organization" to use state facilities.

Pataki spokesman Kevin Quinn tells the Albany Times Union the governor won't ban the Boy Scouts, calling them "an American institution."

Twin Rivers leader Jerry Vorse estimates 150 Scouts and officials will attend, and he says Duane is wrong _ even though the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled the group can refuse to register avowed homosexuals.

Vorse Says there's nothing on the scouting applications that asks about sexual orientation and the issue doesn't come up.
http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4488359&nav=4QcS

:asshole:

This pressure on the boy scouts is just evil. Its one of the best organizations out there for teenage boys to develop survival skills and teaching civics and morality to the rising generation. How dare they let such an organization on public property...

This is ridiculous.

Then there's the fact that this "anti-gay" agenda they supposedly have is not a knock on gays, but a practical safety measure. It's the same reason there are no girls. Now, imagine if it changed to "Child Scouts" instead of "Boy Scouts." Now, the rules say that there must be 1 leader per 10 kids, but this isn't enough to keep track of them 24/7. Now, let's suppose that, on a campout, in the middle of the night, Tommy and Sally sneak off into the woods and make a baby. The Scouts would be up on the chopping block about 2 seconds after either kid's parents found out. Now, just imagine the outrage if instead of getting Sally pregnant, Tommy gave Joey syphilis...

Then there's the fact that the Boy Scouts are an age old, traditionalist, spiritual organization which draws much of its charity funding from churches and other religious, primarily Christian, groups.

Now, if the Boy Scouts had field trips where they beat up gays or wouldn't even sell a homosexual a bag of popcorn, I'd understand the outrage, but, as a Scout, I know that Scouts are not taught to hate homosexuals, or anyone else not allowed in the organization, for that matter. We're taught to be kind, generous, and fair to everyone. In fact, a Scout is expected to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverant, no matter who the audience is.

Hobbit said:
Then there's the fact that this "anti-gay" agenda they supposedly have is not a knock on gays, but a practical safety measure. It's the same reason there are no girls. Now, imagine if it changed to "Child Scouts" instead of "Boy Scouts." Now, the rules say that there must be 1 leader per 10 kids, but this isn't enough to keep track of them 24/7. Now, let's suppose that, on a campout, in the middle of the night, Tommy and Sally sneak off into the woods and make a baby. The Scouts would be up on the chopping block about 2 seconds after either kid's parents found out. Now, just imagine the outrage if instead of getting Sally pregnant, Tommy gave Joey syphilis...

Then there's the fact that the Boy Scouts are an age old, traditionalist, spiritual organization which draws much of its charity funding from churches and other religious, primarily Christian, groups.

Now, if the Boy Scouts had field trips where they beat up gays or wouldn't even sell a homosexual a bag of popcorn, I'd understand the outrage, but, as a Scout, I know that Scouts are not taught to hate homosexuals, or anyone else not allowed in the organization, for that matter. We're taught to be kind, generous, and fair to everyone. In fact, a Scout is expected to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverant, no matter who the audience is.

I completely agree. Not only that, but the scouts are a group for moral adherense regardless of sexual preference. They are just against premarital sex of hetrosexuals as well as homosexuals.

If the pro gay movement continues to fight against good organizations like this they shouldnt be surprised that people start fighting back politically. you dont attack groups doing good in this nation and expect people to be supporting it.

I'm an Eagle Scout, too. I can survive in the woods for at least a week with nothing but a knife. I can navigate any fresh water body in any small watercraft (rowboat, canoe, kayak, etc.). I can sail effectively. I am active in politics and have a good, working knowledge of civics. As a result of the Boy Scouts, I am a good, moral citizen and an excellent woodsman. How is this a bad thing?

I have nothing against the Boy Scouts and I think the whole situation is getting blown way out of proportion. I used to be in the Scouts, but quit because of personal reasons (I was an immature little brat, there, I said it!)

GotZoom said:
I was a Cub Scout when I was younger.

Whenever we had a camp-out, we always had brownies to eat.

*glower*

<i>**you told me not to scowl, and I didn't**</i>

GotZoom said:
Well, we did....hot dogs, baked beans, chips, and brownies.

I like the brownies without nuts though.

<i>*clamps hand over mouth, refusing to laugh at such a disgusting play on words*</i>

GotZoom said:
Well, we did....hot dogs, baked beans, chips, and brownies.

I like the brownies without nuts though.

yes the thought of eating brownies with nuts makes me gag as well

GotZoom said:
I really do prefer my brownies without nuts...and if you can find some with cherries.....oh yummy.

yes the brownies with cherries are quite good.....

i always like making sure i get the first bite though

manu1959 said:
yes the brownies with cherries are quite good.....

i always like making sure i get the first bite though

No kidding. That second bite stuff is for the birds.

You never know where that other persons mouth has been.

Forum List

Back