Whacking a warlord requires a concealable rifle

May 21, 2015
along with silencer, subsonic ammo, luminous sights and rapidfire capability. You can easily need to hit several of his bodyguards FIRST, in order to get a clear shot at the pos, or need to whack them after you brain the punk (cause he's probably armored). Things might not be completely in the toilet ,ya know. In which case, you might need to conceal your guns in order to cross over a bridge, hitch a ride, enter or pass thru a town.

Concealment of the rifle (at least, when taken down) is ALREADY very handy, when you ride a bike, or horse, use a kayak or canoe, or live in a high rise, don't have an attached garage, etc. Nobody notices that you have a short carry bag, but EVERYONE notices when you're toting a cased longarm. Being seen with a cased longarm may not get the cops called on you, but the incident is probably going to be mentioned to dozens of people, some of whom are thieves. Next to cash/dope, guns are very high on the desirability lists of thieves.

One hand/arm utility is a plus for shtf, too, in case you have to help a loved one walk, or carry a kid, or fire as you drive a vehicle, etc. With ONE arm, Platt took on 8 pistol armed Feds in Miami, 1988, killed 2 and wounded 5 more. He had a 9mm jhp thru his arm's main artery and thru one lung, and still was able to accomplish that. Couldnt have happened with a Garand.

Platt and Matix really should have had "earvalve' earplugs and AK's, with steel cored ammo. If they'd been so armed and stopped their car when they first noticed the cops, used the engine block as cover and whacked the first 2-4 cops, they'd have gotten away. Especially if they'd known to have a pair of small motorbikes in the back of a stolen mini-van.

Last edited:
You really do have a vivid imagination, don't you?

Tell you what, you keep your AR and small 9mm, and pray for the Apocalypse. I'll keep my gun collection, live a happy life and still be reasonably well prepared for if the shit hits the fan.

along with silencer, subsonic ammo, luminous sights and rapidfire capability. You can easily need to hit several of his bodyguards FIRST, in order to get a clear shot at the pos, or need to whack them after you brain the punk (cause he's probably armored). Things might not be completely in the toilet ,ya know. In which case, you might need to conceal your guns in order to cross over a bridge, hitch a ride, enter or pass thru a town.

Concealment of the rifle (at least, when taken down) is ALREADY very handy, when you ride a bike, or horse, use a kayak or canoe, or live in a high rise, don't have an attached garage, etc. Nobody notices that you have a short carry bag, but EVERYONE notices when you're toting a cased longarm. Being seen with a cased longarm may not get the cops called on you, but the incident is probably going to be mentioned to dozens of people, some of whom are thieves. Next to cash/dope, guns are very high on the desirability lists of thieves.

One hand/arm utility is a plus for shtf, too, in case you have to help a loved one walk, or carry a kid, or fire as you drive a vehicle, etc. With ONE arm, Platt took on 8 pistol armed Feds in Miami, 1988, killed 2 and wounded 5 more. He had a 9mm jhp thru his arm's main artery and thru one lung, and still was able to accomplish that. Couldnt have happened with a Garand.

Platt and Matix really should have had "earvalve' earplugs and AK's, with steel cored ammo. If they'd been so armed and stopped their car when they first noticed the cops, used the engine block as cover and whacked the first 2-4 cops, they'd have gotten away. Especially if they'd known to have a pair of small motorbikes in the back of a stolen mini-van.

Oddly, you asked about shooting an M1A one handed, and then you bragged about Platt shooting one-handed. He was using a Mini-14, which is based on the Garand, and is very similar to a M1A Scout rifle. So if the Mini-14 can be fired one-handed, so can an M1A (especially a shorter model).

But I guess those guys are heros of yours, huh?

along with silencer, subsonic ammo, luminous sights and rapidfire capability. You can easily need to hit several of his bodyguards FIRST,.

And give away your position while you are firing all those shots. hence you get captured, tortured and killed.

Concealment of the rifle (at least, when taken down) is ALREADY very handy, when you ride a bike, or horse, use a kayak or canoe, or live in a high rise, don't have an attached garage, etc. Nobody notices that you have a short carry bag, but EVERYONE notices when you're toting a cased longarm. Being seen with a cased longarm may not get the cops called on you, but the incident is probably going to be mentioned to dozens of people, some of whom are thieves. Next to cash/dope, guns are very high on the desirability lists of thieves..

Do you have to do it by rifle? Can you do it by a well placed bomb? Can you do it with a suppressed pistol? Can you do it with a poison or toxin?

Can you be 800 yards away and armed with a sniper rifle? Can you infiltrate his living quarters and do the elimination while he is in his bedroom, study, living room, sitting at the dining table eating?

One hand/arm utility is a plus for shtf, too, in case you have to help a loved one walk, or carry a kid, or fire as you drive a vehicle, etc. With ONE arm, Platt took on 8 pistol armed Feds in Miami, 1988, killed 2 and wounded 5 more. He had a 9mm jhp thru his arm's main artery and thru one lung, and still was able to accomplish that. Couldnt have happened with a Garand. .

You are comparing the Miami shootout to eliminating a Warlord. Alright. ( sigh )

From what I read, the FBI was under gunned, and did not have enough manpower. Both "perps" were previous US Military, and if I read right......one suspect was a former US Army Ranger, which the FBI knew about before the traffic stop. As tragic and disheartening as it was, the FBI should have held off on the traffic stop.

You use what ever cover and concealment is avaible at the time of the incident. You can't pick and choose when chaos, mayhem and confusion are overruling a shootout ; ESPECIALLY if communication is poor among the good guys.

Not being con with the FBI, a great bunch of guys. But someone made a bad decision to do the stop with the perps being whom they were, and with what they were armed with. THIS BASED on my reading that the FBI knew whom the bad guys were ( the perps were under surveillance ) and knowing what they were armed with.

Shadow 355

Last edited:
Why exactly would your SHTF plans include "whacking a warlord"?

1. Plan and recon. Study the target and their habits, as well as security measures and practices. Study the targets buildings, their design and archecture.

Inspect my equipment a test fire weapon(s) before insertion. Keep the details of the mission to me - myself and "I" !

Plan for a plausible and convincing cover story should I...by a very small chance.... be caught or detained by security forces, or Warlords men. Have dress and attire to blend in, separate from the dark clothes, and/or camo clothes I would need for the job.

2. Have a clear and unharasing avenue of escape. Least resistance ( terrain and obstacles ) lets me get further away in less time and with less effort.

3. Dump and bury weapon(s) after mission. Make obstacles for the pursuing force, and/or give the pursuing force too many options and/or routes to cover to continue the pursuit. This is IF there would be a pursuing force.

4. POSSIBLY = Do the event at, or near sunset ( And / or in bad weather ) ; as to have darkness ( ?? and bad weather ? ) to cover my escape.

5. Have an alibi in the event you would be interviewed by security personnel....AFTER THE EVENT, and/or Warlords personnel. This would not be possible if you are the "Grey person", remain unpopular, and or have been faking an illness or injury.

The possibilities and scenarios , location of the assailant....is numerous. The assassin could be a resident of a city / town ; OR someone not totally local.

Killing has to be = 1. Justified
2. Serve a purpose

AND.....There are other SECRET actions, and discussions.

Shadow 355

Last edited:
You really do have a vivid imagination, don't you?

Tell you what, you keep your AR and small 9mm, and pray for the Apocalypse. I'll keep my gun collection, live a happy life and still be reasonably well prepared for if the shit hits the fan.

Think he's one of the 12 year boys who jerk off to guns n ammo. :)

Forum List

Back