Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Funerals Of Arizona Shooting Victims

If a group of ruffians assaulted the members of the WBC, would they be tried by a jury of their peers (i.e. a jury made of a group of people who find the WBC particularly loathesome)?

I wish they could be arrested for blasphemy. Lots of states have antiquated laws on their books. Barney Fife could just hold em in jail till the funeral is over.

Hey, Blasphemy is against the law here. A church has a problem with that?

While I know this is a terrible thing to say, I for one would not jump a shooter who might show up targetting members of that church.

Yes, I know it's a horrible thing. sorry.

Wouldnt they have to protest that funeral too?

I mean who is to say that God does'nt hate them too?

:eusa_whistle:

We are better than that though..... may they rot in Hell :evil:

Arizona residents are locking arms to stop the Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funerals for victims of Saturday's shooting in Tucson, with bikers and others organizing a massive counter-protest and state lawmakers fast-tracking a bill to hamstring the group.

The Kansas-based Westboro church is notorious for showing up at the funerals of dead soldiers and other high-profile gatherings wielding anti-gay signs.

But when the church announced it would picket the funeral Thursday for the 9-year-old girl fatally shot over the weekend at a Tucson grocery store by a gunman who allegedly killed five others and injured 14 others attending a town-hall session by Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Tucson- and Phoenix-area residents started organizing immediately.

They may not be able to stop them, but they plan on giving the grieving family as much of a buffer as possible between the protesters and the service.

Read more: Arizonans Rally to Prevent Westboro Church Disruption of Shooting Victims' Funerals - FoxNews.com

:thup:

Forum List

Back