We're number 37 !!!!!!!!!!!

That, when combined with the 'self reporting' methodology leaves much room for skepticism when it comes to WHO stats. Governments reporting their own figures.... nope, no reason to doubt those. :lol::lol:

I love this debate tactic. "<insert Country/Organization/Political Party> hates America"

I have the same question every time:

Why?

Please can someone for the love of...tell me why the WHO would find statistics which dilibratly make the US look bad?

Anyone?

The WHO don't deliberately try to make the US look bad. The WHO don't 'find' the statistics, they send out the questionnaires to individual countries and gather the statistics. They don't give a shit. However, individual countries lie about their responses. Why do they want to make us look bad? They don't. They just don't want their own citizens to know the truth about their own statistics. It has absolutely nothing to do with the US, it has to do with individual governments wanting their own statistics to look better than they actually are.

so the US government is #37 in pimping their numbers?

or do you think that the US government is the one government that does not want their own statistics to look better than they actually are.

or the USA is #1 in playing by international rules, hahahahaha, and reports the true numbers, whereas 36 devious nations totally play unfair ,hahahaha

hahahahahahahahhaha

I love this debate tactic. "<insert Country/Organization/Political Party> hates America"

I have the same question every time:

Why?

Please can someone for the love of...tell me why the WHO would find statistics which dilibratly make the US look bad?

Anyone?

The WHO don't deliberately try to make the US look bad. The WHO don't 'find' the statistics, they send out the questionnaires to individual countries and gather the statistics. They don't give a shit. However, individual countries lie about their responses. Why do they want to make us look bad? They don't. They just don't want their own citizens to know the truth about their own statistics. It has absolutely nothing to do with the US, it has to do with individual governments wanting their own statistics to look better than they actually are.

or do you think that the US government is the one government that does not want their own statistics to look better than they actually are.

or the USA is #1 in playing by international rules, hahahahaha, and reports the true numbers, whereas 36 devious nations totally play unfair ,hahahaha

hahahahahahahahhaha

I have no idea whether the US 'exaggerates' their stats or not. I do know that researchers are skeptical of the WHO data because it is self-reported. Shooting the messenger is kinda dumb, don'tcha think? But, if you feel so desperate to make me look stupid, please do continue trying... eventually you may succeed.

hahahahahahahahhaha

I have no idea whether the US 'exaggerates' their stats or not. I do know that researchers are skeptical of the WHO data because it is self-reported. Shooting the messenger is kinda dumb, don'tcha think? But, if you feel so desperate to make me look stupid, please do continue trying... eventually you may succeed.

you don't need help in that department.

hahahahahahahahhaha

So, you have nothing of substance about the stats. Color me Surprised Pink! You ASSUmed facts not in evidence, I made you look a fool and all you have left is a whine. :lol::lol::lol::lol: An honest poster would have recognized the validity of the actual point instead of a whiny comeback. Again, you try and fail to make me look stupid... but succeeded making yourself look a fool without any effort on my part. What a loser you are.

You must read more carefully.

The point is that the criteria used by WHO hardly rate healthcare, and, thus are more along the lines of a polemic, than a conclusion.

A polemic?

Toward what end?

Are you suggesting the WHO set out to destroy the world's respect for American health care?

Unless you are still in grade school, you must be eternally obtuse to miss the overarching leftward tilt of the UN, of which the WHO is a part, the Nobel Committee, and most Social-Democrat governments of the EU.

Either that, or you have imbibed, and accepted, the public school indocrination that denies American exceptionalism, and does all it can to find fault with the finest country in the world.

Did you know that Stalin means 'steel one,' or did you choose it for that reason?

Last edited:

So, you have nothing of substance about the stats. Color me Surprised Pink! You ASSUmed facts not in evidence, I made you look a fool and all you have left is a whine. :lol::lol::lol::lol: An honest poster would have recognized the validity of the actual point instead of a whiny comeback. Again, you try and fail to make me look stupid... but succeeded making yourself look a fool without any effort on my part. What a loser you are.

i am an honest poster and i recognize your whiny comeback. i also recognize your constant prancing around, and i also recognize the numerous times where you're hitting your enormous gasbag of an airhead on the sharp edges of consistency, modesty and decency.

but i also recognize your enormous, seemingly endless supply of hot air and that is why you still cannot recognize the myriad of holes in said gasbag and i certainly recognize that those holes emit a foul swamp-gas which has polluted this forum for months now.

did this post contain enough "recognize"? i think so.

I see. The CIA is also lying to us? There data says the same.

Produce it.

Easy enough for someone with the average Liberal intellect. Pretty difficult for a Conservative, however.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html

Infant mortality rate:
total: 6.26 deaths/1,000 live births
country comparison to the world: 180
male: 6.94 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 5.55 deaths/1,000 live births (2009 est.)

Life expectancy at birth:
total population: 78.11 years
country comparison to the world: 50
male: 75.65 years
female: 80.69 years (2009 est.)

The lower life expectancy in the US is not caused by our health care system. Look at this study: http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=psc_working_papers

There are many other factors as well that affect a certain population's overall health that health care systems have little control of. Which is why we should not put so much weight on the WHO ranking as a reason for more health care reform.

i am an honest poster and i recognize your whiny comeback. i also recognize your constant prancing around, and i also recognize the numerous times where you're hitting your enormous gasbag of an airhead on the sharp edges of consistency, modesty and decency.

but i also recognize your enormous, seemingly endless supply of hot air and that is why you still cannot recognize the myriad of holes in said gasbag and i certainly recognize that those holes emit a foul swamp-gas which has polluted this forum for months now.

PoliticalChic provided plenty of credible sources to support her position on the subject in post #13. I have not seen one person in this thread dispute the evidence she presented.

Produce it.

Easy enough for someone with the average Liberal intellect. Pretty difficult for a Conservative, however.

Infant mortality rate:

The lower life expectancy in the US is not caused by our health care system. Look at this study: http://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1012&context=psc_working_papers

There are many other factors as well that affect a certain population's overall health that health care systems have little control of. Which is why we should not put so much weight on the WHO ranking as a reason for more health care reform.

Those factors effect every country.

You must read more carefully.

The point is that the criteria used by WHO hardly rate healthcare, and, thus are more along the lines of a polemic, than a conclusion.

A polemic?

Toward what end?

Are you suggesting the WHO set out to destroy the world's respect for American health care?

Unless you are still in grade school, you must be eternally obtuse to miss the overarching leftward tilt of the UN, of which the WHO is a part, the Nobel Committee, and most Social-Democrat governments of the EU.

Either that, or you have imbibed, and accepted, the public school indocrination that denies American exceptionalism, and does all it can to find fault with the finest country in the world.

Did you know that Stalin means 'steel one,' or did you choose it for that reason?

Now I understand. You're a wingnut.

That explains the ranting.

Nevermind.

Infant mortality rate:

Either you haven't read the thread carefully, of you suffer from ADD.

Allow me to reprise this aspect: Sweden and the United States have very different populations, as below, so this blows your comment out of the water.

Rarely reported in comparing infant mortality rates it the negative effect of “very pre-term” babies, whose death rate is far higher than full term. When comparing the US infant mortality rate to such category-stars as in this NYTimes report of 11/4/09:
“If the United States could match Sweden’s prematurity rate, the new report said, “nearly 8,000 infant deaths would be averted each year, and the U.S. infant mortality rate would be one-third lower.”

We find the usual anti-US slant of the Times, in not mentioning that race is the reason:

“The use of this example highlights to disingenuousness of the authors. In their supposedly “detailed” report on infant mortality, they fail to analyze the most important detail: race. Unfortunately, African descent is a major risk factor for prematurity, and prematurity is a major cause of infant mortality. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that the US has a higher infant mortality rate than Sweden. The US has the highest proportion of women of African descent of any first world country. Sweden, of course, has virtually none. So our higher rate of infant mortality does not reflect poor medical care. It reflects factors beyond the control of doctors. Race is an uncontrollable factor; obstetricians and pediatricians have no control over assisted reproductive techniques. In fact, the data actually show obstetricians and pediatricians do a remarkable job of ensuring infant health.”

Infant mortality report neglects the most important detail - AmyTuteurMD - Open Salon

One factor contributing to the U.S.'s infant mortality rate is that blacks have intractably high infant mortality rates -- irrespective of age, education, socioeconomic status and so on. No one knows why.

Neither medical care nor discrimination can explain it: Hispanics in the U.S. have lower infant mortality rates than either blacks or whites. Give Switzerland or Japan our ethnically diverse population and see how they stack up on infant mortality rates.
A Statistical Analysis of Maritime Unemployment Rates, 1946-1948. Just Kidding, More Liberal Lies About National Healthcare! - HUMAN EVENTS

Allow me to reprise this aspect: Sweden and the United States have very different populations, as below, so this blows your comment out of the water.

So your entire argument is, when we cherry-pick the data, we can make the US look pretty good?

With the recently enacted watered down healthcare bill we should climb to 36!

What I recognize is that you fail to address the points I make. You consistently attack me personally. That's absolutely fine and dandy but it is also glaringly obvious to anyone who reads both our posts that you cannot dispute what I say, only that you whine about me.

I feel sorry for your OCD behavior towards me. Makes me laugh that you complain about my language, yet when your little friends call me a c*nt, you find no issue with that. How many standards do you have, cuz by my calculations its not just double.

So your entire argument is, when we cherry-pick the data, we can make the US look pretty good?

You really are dense, aren't you- or at the very least, tortuous in your logic.

There is no 'argument', I have simply established that when one considers all factors that actually relate to the efficacy of a nations' healthcare, the United States is number one in the world.

The proof is that none of the blockheads who attempt the perpetual downgrade of the United States, healthcare or any other aspect, have claimed that street crime, obesity, automobile accidents, and that there is a segment of the population has an "intractably high infant mortality rate" are due to healthcare insurance, or healthcare availability, or the fault of healthcare professionals.

Now, I have always premised that the left is peopled by many folks childlike in their outlook, and I wonder if the inability to consider the multiple factors that go into healthcare outcomes, and the factors that do not, is another indication of said immaturity. Don't you agree?

I know whole threads get moved to the conspiracy theory folder, but on occasion a post should, too. This is one of those times..

Your pathological denial of anything bad about America - and if proven, it is a liberal/'the world hates America' conspiracy - boarders on the hysterical.

Get over yourself. Like a lot of other countries, America has a tonne of problems, and it not as great as you would like it to be. My evidence? Go to any thread on this board and look at the whining and whinging that goes on EVERY day about your country - no matter who's in power.

Get over yourself PC...A lot of good about America, a lot of bad. Who's to blame for the bad is the contentious point...libs say Bush/Cheney cabal, righties Obama/Pelosi faction - truth probably lies somewhere in between.

And if you think that your health stats put you at No. 37 because your guys told the 'truth' and the other 36 'fudged' their stats, I got a beach front property in the Yukon to sell ya....

Last edited:

What I recognize is that you fail to address the points I make. You consistently attack me personally. That's absolutely fine and dandy but it is also glaringly obvious to anyone who reads both our posts that you cannot dispute what I say, only that you whine about me.

I feel sorry for your OCD behavior towards me. Makes me laugh that you complain about my language, yet when your little friends call me a c*nt, you find no issue with that. How many standards do you have, cuz by my calculations its not just double.

do i hear a whining sound about my consistently attacking you personally? hahaha, idiot. i am hyper-intelligent, and your are stupid. idiot. idiot. ADDRESS my points. idiot. ha, idiot!
isn't it sad that posters are so indecent to each other. IDIOT. liberals are scum. only idiots make sweeping generalizations. i am fed up with the way the evil liberals treat me, they should be fucked with a rusty shovel. idiot. HEY look at me, i am cute! give me attention, Chocolate. IDIOT. stop whining, OHHHH i so totally hate whining. idiot. oxford, oxford, blonde, IDIOT. please like me, i don't care about rep, iDIOT. fucking fucking fucking idiot!1!

and where the fuck did i complain about your language, whiny little sniveling brat?

i made it clear several times that i am highlighting your inconsistencies. :lol::lol:

I know whole threads get moved to the conspiracy theory folder, but on occasion a post should, too. This is one of those times..

Your pathological denial of anything bad about America - and if proven, it is a liberal/'the world hates America' conspiracy boarders on the hysterical.

Get over yourself. Like a lot of other countries, America has a tonne of problems, and it not as great as you would like it to be. My evidence? Go to any thread on this board and look at the whining and whinging that goes on EVERY day about your country - no matter who's in power.

Get over yourself PC...A lot of good about America, a lot of bad. Who's to blame for the bad is the contentious point...libs say Bush/Cheney cabal, righties Obama/Pelosi faction - truth probably lies somewhere in between.

And if you think that your health stats put you at No. 37 because your guys told the 'truth' and the other 36 'fudged' their stats, I got a beach front property in the Yukon to sell ya....

"A lot of good about America, a lot of bad..." Fair enough.

As far as America's position in the world, I like to use the 'gates test.'

When the gates are lifted, folks run in here, not out.

Forum List

Back