Well.. They got Us.. We're Screwed

Obviously Democrats can't be trusted with the vote.

In that case, neither can Republicans. But there is always the option of voting them out.

Too many people sell out their principles when there is a opportunity for someone who you may not agree with even half the time but you consider better than the other guy.

Obviously Democrats can't be trusted with the vote.

In that case, neither can Republicans. But there is always the option of voting them out.

Too many people sell out their principles when there is a opportunity for someone who you may not agree with even half the time but you consider better than the other guy.

Incorrect. As usual. At least Republicans don't do anything as opposed to Democrats actively fleecing us.

Not a hard choice for anyone with even a lick of sense.

Incorrect. As usual. At least Republicans don't do anything as opposed to Democrats actively fleecing us.

Sure they do. They just do it in different ways. Both parties need to be thrown out with the bathwater. Quite simple if you think about it.

The GOP of 2010 is about as much of a supporter of individual liberty and freedoms as Code Pink is as much of a supporter of ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Time for that civil war I've been talking about for the last five years.

The spirit of the past generations to the so-called, "Greatest Generation" and all they fought and died for squashed.. I don't think so.. civil war indeed.

Sure they do. They just do it in different ways. Both parties need to be thrown out with the bathwater. Quite simple if you think about it.

The GOP of 2010 is about as much of a supporter of individual liberty and freedoms as Code Pink is as much of a supporter of ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

*yawn* HellO reality check .... You need to wake up.

Obama's already got us further in debt in 14 months Bush did in 8 years. Someone's got to pay that back. No, they're going to take even MORE money away from us?

This isn't both parties doing it and your comment is lame. Democrats are doing this NOW. Period.

I share neither the pessimism exhibited by those on the right, nor the joyful gloating of those on the left. I believe this bill to be a bad thing for this country, but it is soon to be law. If you, like me, did the things you could to try to put the brakes on it's passing, great. There is nothing left to do but grin and bear it. Perhaps it will one day be undone, perhaps not. The truth is, this bill is not about health-care. It is about insurance, it is about taxes. If it was truly about health-care, why no money for doctors and nurses? Why $10 billion for the IRS? Because they will have new responsibilities. They need new employees to implement and enforce the new taxes and mandates included in the bill. They need new employees to enforce the individual mandate, this of course will require reviewing our insurance policies, making sure the government approves of your policy. They need new employees to assess employer penalties.

So many of you railed against the "wiretapping" of certain phone calls under Bush, so many decried the Patriot Act. I was among you, though not quite as loud. Just stop and think for a minute... Do you have any concept of just how much personal information you will have to provide to the government when this thing finally kicks in? Neither do I, but I shudder at the thought.

It is my opinion that this bill tries to do too much. They could have started with tort reform, interstate sales of health insurance, they could have passed a bill requiring the acceptance of pre-existing conditions. These are just three examples of steps they could have taken before stepping up to this mess (my opinion). I am sure there are more.

What's done is done. It's all water under the bridge. Sadly, none of us really know how this will turn out, and won't for many more years. Personally, I don't think it will turn out well, but I have been wrong before.

Be careful what you wish for...

Last edited:

Obama's already got us further in debt in 14 months Bush did in 8 years. Someone's got to pay that back. No, they're going to take even MORE money away from us?

This isn't both parties doing it and your comment is lame. Democrats are doing this NOW. Period.

A.) Link?

B.) Considering we have not left Iraq, we don't know yet.

You want to blame the Democrats for the present, that's fine. But putting the Republicans back in power isn't the brightest idea.

Our debt has already reached new limits in recent years due to Republican Presidents (Reagan, Bush). They have shown no fiscal responsibility, and have shown no evidence that they will show it if given power again.

A.) Link?

B.) Considering we have not left Iraq, we don't know yet.

You want to blame the Democrats for the present, that's fine. But putting the Republicans back in power isn't the brightest idea.

Our debt has already reached new limits in recent years due to Republican Presidents (Reagan, Bush). They have shown no fiscal responsibility, and have shown no evidence that they will show it if given power again.

so better to keep the ossiah in power so he can outspend Bush and Reagan put together.

so better to keep the ossiah in power so he can outspend Bush and Reagan put together.

Not quite. I've seen the statistics, there are certain things about the budget that are being placed on Obama that should be placed on Bush. I remember Toro bringing it up recently. I'll try to find the thread on it.

Edit: Found it.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/109204-bush-gop-most-responsible-for-the-deficit.html

still, obummer is making it worse.

still, obummer is making it worse.

He's not making it any better at the moment in many areas, certainly.

However, much of what Obama is doing now is things that Bush and the Republican Congress ignored.

1.) War in Afghanistan (we've already about how a troop increase order sat on Bush and Cheney's desk for 8 months)

2.) Health Care Reform

3.) Financial Reform

In the process though, some things should be noted. The Stimulus was 40% tax cuts for example.

This article is from 2007:

http://www.kff.org/insurance/snapshot/chcm010307oth.cfm

It is reasonably well known that for some time the United States has spent more per capita on health care than other countries. What may be less well known is that the United States has had one of the highest growth rates in per capita health care spending since 1980 among higher income countries. Health care spending around the world generally is rising at a faster rate than overall economic growth, so almost all countries have seen health care spending increase as a percentage of their gross domestic product (GDP) over time. In the United States, which has had both a high level of health spending per capita and a relatively high rate of real growth in that spending, the share of GDP devoted to health grew from 8.8% of GDP in 1980 to 15.2% of GDP in 2003 (Exhibit 5). This almost 7 percentage-point increase in the health share of GDP is larger than increases seen in other high-income countries.

Whether you disagree with the bill or not (I'm still on the fence mostly), reform is needed. Whether this fits the prescription, that's up to debate and will be for a long time to come.

Man.. I hate when the Mods push my posts around.. so impers-anal..

I don't see what the libs have to celebrate. Kind of reminds me of the celebration after Obama got elected...look how that turned out.

They say when your enemies are eating themselves alive you pass them the salt.

They're dead politically and don't even know it yet. Let them enjoy their short-lived victory.

Last edited:
Freedom is no longer what America is about. Dr's used to come here to practice medicine, they now will be tools of the state.

[FONT=times new roman,times]A government that grants itself this kind of power over us can conceivably do anything to us. For our own good, of course. Such a country is in no meaningful sense "free."
American Thinker: Where Were You When the Republic Died?

[/FONT]

Shut up, stupid!!!!
This is quality. :cuckoo:

I just deleted 2 pm's from you without reading them. What part of, " I am not interested in what you have to say", do you not understand, oh obnoxious one?? That's what I will do to all of them. Save your energy.
Here is the one and only PM I have sent to you (other than copying you on a recent issue with staff). That was yesterday.
Rinata:

Although I am loathe to actually send you a PM, this is the second time that you have said that I do send them to you. FYI, THIS is an actual PM. What you keep calling PMs from me are not. I am simply neg repping you.

You simply receive notification of my neg reps to you in the form of PMs.

Consider this my one and only PM to you.

I will continue to neg rep you for stupid, illogical, vile, non-constructive, and/or non-thinking posts. You are not special in receiving neg reps from me. I neg rep the post, not the person.

It matters not to me if another ignores me (unless they proclaim that they will and don't follow through on it), but I ignore no one.

Si modo

Idiot

Last edited:
This is quality. :cuckoo:

I just deleted 2 pm's from you without reading them. What part of, " I am not interested in what you have to say", do you not understand, oh obnoxious one?? That's what I will do to all of them. Save your energy.
Here is the one and only PM I have sent to you (other than copying you on a recent issue with staff). That was yesterday.
Rinata:

Although I am loathe to actually send you a PM, this is the second time that you have said that I do send them to you. FYI, THIS is an actual PM. What you keep calling PMs from me are not. I am simply neg repping you.

You simply receive notification of my neg reps to you in the form of PMs.

Consider this my one and only PM to you.

I will continue to neg rep you for stupid, illogical, vile, non-constructive, and/or non-thinking posts. You are not special in receiving neg reps from me. I neg rep the post, not the person.

It matters not to me if another ignores me (unless they proclaim that they will and don't follow through on it), but I ignore no one.

Si modo
Idiot

I concur

Freedom is no longer what America is about. Dr's used to come here to practice medicine, they now will be tools of the state.

[FONT=times new roman,times]A government that grants itself this kind of power over us can conceivably do anything to us. For our own good, of course. Such a country is in no meaningful sense "free."
American Thinker: Where Were You When the Republic Died?

[/FONT]
In many rural areas, there is a serious physician shortage. With this, the folks in more urban areas will now experience that as well. Along with your obvious point, there are two possibilities with high probabilities:

1. We will need a bill to pay for students going to med school
2. That will likely result in med school education going the way of BS/BA education - those who don't deserve one will get one because grades will inflate to meet demand brought by increased admissions of those incapable.

"To serve the public faithfully and at the same time please it entirely is impossible." Ben Franklin

Bravo to all who worked to make America move a step forward.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government." Thomas Jefferson

"Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole." Vaclav Havel

Let me repeat, Bravo.

PS If you read about FDR and the GD you hear all the same moaning and groaning, and yet from FDR till Reagan is considered the Golden Age in America.

Last edited:
Their arrogance will be their undoing. They may gloat now, but the "stupid masses" will have the final say on election day. All of the sweet deals given to those who must know they are trading their seats in definance of the will of the people, will eventually be left with a bitter taste in their mouths.

yes, well in the meantime, they are creaming in their pants.. and re distributing the wealth.. course nobody knows how they are really gonna pay for this..

Resorting once more to lies? CBO says that this will be better than revenue neutral, it will actually lessen the deficit. When have you Pubbies done that in the last eight years?

Remember, your record is inheriting a balanced budget, and turning it into a massive deficit.

Forum List

Back