Well...Brave Browser it was nice knowing you...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by iamwhatiseem, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,887
    All you've proven so far (since you've been on the board) is logic is subjective........ At least in your case.......

No as to why Linux is (currently) not a (complete) gaming platform? It's simple, it wasn't originally designed to be (like Windows wasn't either) and Windows got a major head start with better commercial marketing. Sure you can toss in that it (Linux) doen't have a very big private user market share but that has little to nothing to do with it these days. Hell, what retailer would intentionally cut off millions of potential customers and millions of dollars in revenue? Unless that retailer is heavily affiliated with the competition..........

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,887
    We used Opera for a short period of time but Opera doesn't always play well with Gmail..........

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,565
    The big advantage of console-like devices is that there are one to few hardware configurations and software can easily be optimized for this configuration. The disadvantage is that you ain´t gonna replace the CPU or GPU. But also current gaming consoles make proper graphics possible with low-end hardware provided by AMD.

4. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,159
    \
    Go back to a previous Firefox that worked for ya. Forget Flash, Eh, The best browser was Netscape Navigator 6, when you could string 9 anon proxies together and it worked as long as they all did.

I'm thinking 28-35-ish.

5. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,565
    I am currently testing a Windows 7 in a VM that I have just found on the Internet. Its all about size here:

[​IMG]

Annoying:
    - "Muhammad and his Computer Worms" place their names all over and must be removed manually.
    - Automatic installation of some tools like utorrent and winrar must be terminated if not wanted - What did they think???

Good:
    - Incredible low size of image and installation.
    - Should activate automatically (note that the worms group has modified the loader)
    - Nice visuals.

Dunno:
    - Performance: Not yet tested since its in a VM.
    - Modifies some Win files for no purpose explained.

Description:
    Windows 7 Aero Blue Lite Edition 2016 (x64) Free Download

Additional source:
    LOAD KOB ศูนย์รวม แห่งการดาวน์โหลด Windows โปรแกรมใหม่ อัพเดทก่อนใคร: Windows 7 Aero Blue Lite Edition 2016 (x64)

Disclaimer:
    Any harm to anybody done by the use of this OS is out of my responsibility.

6. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +46,292
    I gotta come back and bump my complete 180 on Brave.

I had my fill of molasses speed on the old unit and limited capacity on the work unit so got a new/old laptop with a much faster processor and running the ultra-modern Windows 7. :D Setting it up from scratch I thought -- continue with familiar Firefox? Cave with Chrome? Surf with Safari? Operate with Opera, which seems to be doing OK on the work unit?

How 'bout give Brave another try on a fresh unit without all the cobwebs. I can always wipe it out and go to Safari. Shouldn't take long.

Whoa. Completely different setup experience this time. I get a shortcut like a real program instead of having to hunt one down in a folder. And it zips like lightning, gives me all kinds of security shield options that are easily accessible -- even a ready way to disable auto-playing videos (which I hate) without having to go "about:config" and scroll down a long list. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. This thing is like BUTTAH. I can't think of anything it could improve except maybe it's a bit too orangey.

I'll try streaming a baseball game a bit later -- assuming that performs like everything else has so far, I'm completely finished with Firefox, concluding Chrome, suspending Safari, over Opera, and not even nattering about Netscape.

Thanks Ringel05 :thup:

• Winner Winner x 1