Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance Industry'
The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor. When Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (Calif.) objected to the accusation and took the extraordinary step of asking that Weiner's "words be taken down," Weiner pushed back.

"You really don't want to go here, Mr. Lungren," Weiner said. Asking that words be taken down is a move on the House floor that is rarely made and carries great weight.

Weiner, after a pause, asked to have his words withdrawn and said he'd substitute new ones. "Make no mistake about it. Every single Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Weiner clarified.

Somehow, that failed to satisfy Lungren, who asked that those too be taken down. After a long pause, before the chair ruled, Lungren withdrew his request.

:clap2::clap2:Go get em Anthony! He is a true Progressive! Imagine him as Speaker!

Well that sounds like some of that, (can't we all just get along) that the Obama his party of nice guys was just PREACHING to us.

you go there Weiner boy.

Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance Industry'
The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor. When Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (Calif.) objected to the accusation and took the extraordinary step of asking that Weiner's "words be taken down," Weiner pushed back.

"You really don't want to go here, Mr. Lungren," Weiner said. Asking that words be taken down is a move on the House floor that is rarely made and carries great weight.

Weiner, after a pause, asked to have his words withdrawn and said he'd substitute new ones. "Make no mistake about it. Every single Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Weiner clarified.

Somehow, that failed to satisfy Lungren, who asked that those too be taken down. After a long pause, before the chair ruled, Lungren withdrew his request.

:clap2::clap2:Go get em Anthony! He is a true Progressive! Imagine him as Speaker!

Anthony is a great guy. I don't agree with him on every issue, but he's a man of conviction.

I can sure tell by young leftys posts he truly is young and maybe a bit short on the history of the United States of America. I can't give you a full lesson on American history in this short forum so I will just say that the most important obligation as a federal representative is honesty and your hero Anthony is probably the most dishonest man in DC. If you continue to tolerate out and out lying and distortion to spew from your political heroes it will eventually come back to bite you hard.

Your friendly neighborhood leftest that you praise today will be your enemy one day if you continue to tolerate their lies. Once they have acquired all the power they desire they will use it on you, they will lie and say it's good for you but it's really only good for them. They will lie and lie and lie, do you know why? because folks like young lefty let them lie as long as their target was the folks lefty hates it's fine say anything, lie your ass off.

Leftys not afraid of these liars because their on his team, well they are today anyway.

Hidden ?Bundles? of Lobbyist Giving Show Full Court Press by Health Care Donors — Making Government Transparent and Accountable - Sunlight Foundation Blog

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raYOl4hjmuI]YouTube - Hidden 'Bundles' of Lobbyist Giving[/ame]

We found that Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., chairman of the powerful Senate Finance Committee and author of the main health care reform bill now being debated in the Senate, was one of the biggest beneficiaries of this one-two punch from lobbyists and the interests they represent. Between January 2007 and July 2009 (the period we studied), Baucus collected contributions from 37 outside lobbyists representing PhRMA, the pharmaceutical industry’s chief trade association, and from 36 lobbyists who listed drug maker Amgen Inc. among their clients.

Also see:
Curious Clusters of Cash: Major Lobbyist-Client Connections among Health Care Interests | OpenSecrets

The chart below highlights the members receiving the highest number of health-related client-lobbyist "bundles" of contributions since 2007. Last year's expensive presidential contest partly explains why Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is, by far, the leader in this category among his congressional colleagues. The table below provides the detailed figures, including the amount of money individual members of Congress have received from the lobbyists of health-related organizations that have also themselves contributed money to the same congressional member. Organizations on this list must have hired at least 10 outside lobbyists who gave to the same members of Congress as the organization's own PAC and employees. Data reflects contribution and lobbying activity between 2007 though the second quarter of 2009.

(see chart at link)

All of the above relates to some of the bigger health industries but obviously not all of them. Also remember it's not just about heath care providers. By keeping the Republicans out of the room when writing "health reform" one of the R's main plan points does not even enter into the "debate" and that is tort reform. Who would that hurt? Trial lawyers! Now if one were feeling particulary partisan, one might say Democrats are a "'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Trial Lawyer Industry'. But that's not my style.

Yes, and Krauthammer said today that trial lawyers own the demoncwats.. gee do ya think the Insurance companies love trial lawyers??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GOP is bought and paid for

Their position on healthcare was written by the insurance industry. Why else such a desperate fight against optional Govt coverage?

Their position on healthcare was written by the insurance industry. Why else such a desperate fight against optional Govt coverage?

There's that...which is what they've been doing since Roosevelt...

and then there's the politics of it because they said they want it to be obama's "waterloo".

which demoncwat was it said "we don't want tort reform cause it would upset the trial lawyers." Oh! yes,, that would be nasty old Howard Dean. Trial lawyers, and the unions own your soul.

I don't know what Obama's numbers were (from the health lobby) as he is no longer in Congress but I'm sure somone can google them with ease (I'm about to go make dinner, lol) However, we should all remember the recent history at least (video provided for the ADD crowd). Any POTUS is going to have infuence on this scale, just for the record...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta_FOY_9ZR8]YouTube - The Game: Anatomy of the White House - PhRMA Deal[/ame]

No wonder us "Objectivistie"/"Libertarianesk" types are hated by everyone. :lol::lol:

What a crock of shit that is. Democrats own the insurance industry en masse. How many more Dems will flock to jobs in the insurance industry? The insurance industry is clearly part of the Democrat machine. Go do some home work before you LIE in your own thread.

What a crock of shit that is. Democrats own the insurance industry en masse. How many more Dems will flock to jobs in the insurance industry? The insurance industry is clearly part of the Democrat machine. Go do some home work before you LIE in your own thread.

you might have something there,, they did some azz kissing with Mutual of Omaha, and Pharma.. did they knot?? :lol::lol::lol:

700 million in drug and insurance lobbying too DEMOCRATS, and the result is the most corrupt piece of legislation to ever be introduced in this nation.

Forum List

Back