Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance

and how do you think that's going to go now that corporations have been given carte blanche to sink money into political candidates?

Wrong. Corporate and Union money can now go toward advertising it could not before and nothing more. :eusa_liar:

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-205.pdf

This thead is about lobbying and legal lobbying at that. Mostly who gets from whom. And it's been well established in this thread that they all get tons of fun from special intrest. And they all make closed door deals none bigger demonstated yet than Obama's with Pharma.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
since both parties are in the pockets of dozens of industries.....what the hell is the debate all about?.....both parties can give a rats ass about you or me.....all they care about is keeping all of us off balance.....like what this thread is doing....the Democrats have no business accusing the Republicans of being owned by anyone since they are owned by quite a few industries themselves....
:clap2::clap2:

and how do you think that's going to go now that corporations have been given carte blanche to sink money into political candidates?

have you read the case? because they aren't allowed to give money to candidates....

GOP is bought and paid for

Their position on healthcare was written by the insurance industry. Why else such a desperate fight against optional Govt coverage?

The biggest beneficiaries in the Senate included John McCain (R-Ariz.), with $546,000; Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), with $425,000; and Max Baucus (D-Mont.), with $413,000, who as head of the Finance Committee will play a leading role in the debate over health-care reform.

In the House, the two groups gave $257,000 to Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and $249,000 to Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.). On the Democratic side, Rep. Earl Pomeroy (N.D.) received contributions from the insurance sector ($104,000), while Rep. John D. Dingell (Mich.) took in $180,000 from drug companies.

Health Sector Has Donated Millions to Lawmakers - washingtonpost.com

:eusa_whistle:

are you sure you're the yurt we know and love? your recent posts (that i've seen) have been models of reasonableness. :thup:

and yes... there is zero question that there is too much corporate money flying around...explains why the Baucus bill is such a bad one, doesn't it?

now imagine what it is going to be like post-Citizens United.

my posts are always reasonable, you're just maturing to my great wisdom :eusa_angel:

The biggest beneficiaries in the Senate included John McCain (R-Ariz.), with $546,000; Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), with $425,000; and Max Baucus (D-Mont.), with $413,000, who as head of the Finance Committee will play a leading role in the debate over health-care reform.

In the House, the two groups gave $257,000 to Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and $249,000 to Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.). On the Democratic side, Rep. Earl Pomeroy (N.D.) received contributions from the insurance sector ($104,000), while Rep. John D. Dingell (Mich.) took in $180,000 from drug companies.

Health Sector Has Donated Millions to Lawmakers - washingtonpost.com

:eusa_whistle:

are you sure you're the yurt we know and love? your recent posts (that i've seen) have been models of reasonableness. :thup:

and yes... there is zero question that there is too much corporate money flying around...explains why the Baucus bill is such a bad one, doesn't it?

now imagine what it is going to be like post-Citizens United.

my posts are always reasonable, you're just maturing to my great wisdom :eusa_angel:

nope... i think you are coming over to the light. ;)

have you read the case? because they aren't allowed to give money to candidates....

yes i read the decision.

i specifically said 'sink money into candidates' because that is what the unlimited funds sunk into campaign ads will be.

do you think there is a significant difference between paying for the ad and handing the money to the candidate so he or she can pay for the ad?

have *you* read the decision?

yes i read the decision.

i specifically said 'sink money into candidates' because that is what the unlimited funds sunk into campaign ads will be.

do you think there is a significant difference between paying for the ad and handing the money to the candidate so he or she can pay for the ad?

there is a difference between an ad by the candidate and an ad by someone else....credibility for one...anyone else has to identify that they are not the candidate....they would not be able to buy obama's half hour of prime time for example....

The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor.

I think it's a mistake for Democrats to keep hammering on this. We already know Republicans are on the side of corporations over the American people. It's not like they hide it, Au contraire, they celebrate it.

Look at the right on this board. Applauding the giving of citizens rights to corporations.

Look at the last administration, moving as much of the tax burden as possible from corporations to the middle class. Enabling companies to move American jobs overseas.

Republicans cry foul at unions, who only make up 12% of the labor force in all America. Yet have no problem with corporations throwing unlimited money into elections or making dirty air or water.

You can't scream "egg layer" to a chicken. The chicken just says "thanks".

Screaming that Republicans are in bed with corporations over and over again doesn't work, they will just say "thanks". It not like it's a secret.

yes i read the decision.

there is a difference between an ad by the candidate and an ad by someone else....credibility for one...anyone else has to identify that they are not the candidate....they would not be able to buy obama's half hour of prime time for example....

i know what the law says. did you actually look at the dissent? because THAT sets forth the reality.

yes i read the decision.

i know what the law says. did you actually look at the dissent? because THAT sets forth the reality.

no it doesn't...it sets forth speculation

unless of course you believe our laws are never followed...in that case, what do you care what the majority says, because it doesn't matter as the dissent laid out the "reality"

unless of course you believe our laws are never followed...in that case, what do you care what the majority says, because it doesn't matter as the dissent laid out the "reality"

no. it didn't. it set forth the things that would no longer be restricted. the majority decision is an embarrassment. corporations are NOT people.

where did i say i think our laws are never followed?

no. it didn't. it set forth the things that would no longer be restricted. the majority decision is an embarrassment. corporations are NOT people.

where did i say i think our laws are never followed?

i said "unless of course" which i thought you indicated

like i said before, you apparently believe the 1st amendment doesn't apply to people who organize, yet you happily apply it to organizations of political parties etc....they have deep pockets as well...

you either apply it to all organizations, or none. its that simple. the majority opinion, especially scalia's concurrence, was spot on.

Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance Industry'
The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor. When Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (Calif.) objected to the accusation and took the extraordinary step of asking that Weiner's "words be taken down," Weiner pushed back.

"You really don't want to go here, Mr. Lungren," Weiner said. Asking that words be taken down is a move on the House floor that is rarely made and carries great weight.

Weiner, after a pause, asked to have his words withdrawn and said he'd substitute new ones. "Make no mistake about it. Every single Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Weiner clarified.

Somehow, that failed to satisfy Lungren, who asked that those too be taken down. After a long pause, before the chair ruled, Lungren withdrew his request.

:clap2::clap2:Go get em Anthony! He is a true Progressive! Imagine him as Speaker!

Weiner is a real dick.

The GOP is not bought and paid for by any one industry.
They discovered years ago that leasing out on individual issues to various interested corporations would bring in more money.

It is just outsourcing our govt, nothing to get excited about.
It is the republican plan, corporations can run America much better than an elected govt can't they?

They discovered years ago that leasing out on individual issues to various interested corporations would bring in more money.

It is the republican plan, corporations can run America much better than an elected govt can't they?

and democrats of course never take money from lobbyists, corps etc...

:eusa_liar:

yes they are corrupt as well, they learned from the republicans.

Dems like Weiner need to keep fighting the American people until we accept a Federal Government with unlimited powers and spending.

Face it, the American people are fucking retards and don't know whats good for them!

Democrats Uber Alles!

Dems like Weiner need to keep fighting the American people until we accept a Federal Government with unlimited powers and spending.

Face it, the American people are fucking retards and don't know whats good for them!

Democrats Uber Alles!

Yeah we would not want to lose the "gains" we made during the Bush presidency now would we?

yes they are corrupt as well, they learned from the republicans.

okkkaaaay....hack

republicans are the only cause of evil in teh world, if anyone is evil, they learned it from republicans

:cuckoo:

The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor.

I think it's a mistake for Democrats to keep hammering on this. We already know Republicans are on the side of corporations over the American people. It's not like they hide it, Au contraire, they celebrate it.

Look at the right on this board. Applauding the giving of citizens rights to corporations.

Look at the last administration, moving as much of the tax burden as possible from corporations to the middle class. Enabling companies to move American jobs overseas.

Republicans cry foul at unions, who only make up 12% of the labor force in all America. Yet have no problem with corporations throwing unlimited money into elections or making dirty air or water.

You can't scream "egg layer" to a chicken. The chicken just says "thanks".

Screaming that Republicans are in bed with corporations over and over again doesn't work, they will just say "thanks". It not like it's a secret.

It's a known fact that the Greatest Fraud in America's History is MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami AND that he and his OUTER LIMIT Left Base of whackjobs represented by Move On. Org., Daily Kos, Media Matters, Puffington Post etc., etc., are the employees of The Maestro THE ULTIMATE LEFTY George Soros, the Multi Billionaire.

And, that this Corrupt Slime shares the power over the DEM PARTY with the EQUALLY CORRUPT MONOLITHIC Black Racist CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS which controls the MONOLITHIC ~13% of the population of America i.e., the MONOLITHIC Black Racist VOTE. Consider practically ALL the elections: THE OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF THEM ARE WON BY LESS THAN 10%.

The Corrupt Dem Party knows this.

The Corrupt MONOLITHIC Black Racist CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS knows this.

And the Corrupt MONOLITHIC Black Racist CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUS takes advantage of this.

In contrast to the well oiled and organized DEMS, these OBVIOUS FACTS are not general knowledge of the American Public.However, gradually America is waking up to the fact that we are about to be wiped out by the GREATEST FRAUD IN AMERICA'S HISTORY.......The MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salami and his hapless albeit poisonous stooges.

Please note the usually predictable vomit by the Obamarrhoids using blanket ejaculations without SPECIFICALLY and SUCCESSFULLY refuting any one of the IRREFUTABLE FACTS or statements by yours truly.

Last edited:
Weiner: GOP Is 'Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Insurance Industry'
The Republican Party is "a wholly owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) charged on the House floor. When Republican Rep. Dan Lungren (Calif.) objected to the accusation and took the extraordinary step of asking that Weiner's "words be taken down," Weiner pushed back.

"You really don't want to go here, Mr. Lungren," Weiner said. Asking that words be taken down is a move on the House floor that is rarely made and carries great weight.

Weiner, after a pause, asked to have his words withdrawn and said he'd substitute new ones. "Make no mistake about it. Every single Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the insurance industry," Weiner clarified.

Somehow, that failed to satisfy Lungren, who asked that those too be taken down. After a long pause, before the chair ruled, Lungren withdrew his request.

:clap2::clap2:Go get em Anthony! He is a true Progressive! Imagine him as Speaker!

Anthony is a great guy. I don't agree with him on every issue, but he's a man of conviction.

Now, if only we could get the left to get its 'news' from sources other than HuffyPuffy, we'd be moving forward.

Forum List

Back