We overreacted

See.....you just don't get it.....the lockdown was never about containing the Chinese virus......it was meant to destroy the Trump economy before the election....that is why you had a shutdown of the economy when the fake model numbers were 1-2 million dead Americans..........and then, after the economy was crushed, they changed the number to about 60,000.........long before social distancing had an effect.....

This was all about using the new virus to defeat Trump....as a side benefit they also want to use it to push and pass their left wing power grab.....

Jesus what nonsense ^ Got tinfoil?

Herd immunity is happening right now. Went to Fleet Farm today and the store was more packed than Christmas season. So were all the big box stores. Hoards of folks ignoring the stay at home and a small minority wearing masks. Seems folks are gonna go about their lives regardless of our governor.

No way in hell in MN were all these folks out and about all conservative.
They'll calm down when their elderly start dying every day.

They are dying now, you dumb ass......locked away in retirement homes to die alone as the virus spreads all by itself....

We knew and said from day 1 that liberals would cheer the lockdown as an overwhelming success. It’s a fake win win because there is no comparison nor contrast to be able to compare or refute.
Very very weak sauce on your self fullfilling congratulatory prophecy.

We knew and said from day 1 that liberals would cheer the lockdown as an overwhelming success
That's because you are paranoid narcissists who, like dogs and cats, honestly believe that everyone is doing things because of how it will affect you. This is due to your shallowness and small mindedness and need for self affirmation. Just as a dog thinks every action one takes is somehow directed at or purposed for the dog, you mental midgets and your paranoid fantasies think the same.

Congrats, but my dog is probably smarter.

We knew and said from day 1 that liberals would cheer the lockdown as an overwhelming success
That's because you are paranoid narcissists who, like dogs and cats, honestly believe that everyone is doing things because of how it will affect you. This is due to your shallowness and small mindedness and need for self affirmation. Just as a dog thinks every action one takes is somehow directed at or purposed for the dog, you mental midgets and your paranoid fantasies think the same.

When factually defeated resort to insults. You are black and blue from getting beaten here yet still holler “I won”

When factually defeated resort to insults. You are black and blue from getting beaten here yet still holler “I won”
This is you, doing again precisely what i described. Everything anyone says is somehow contrived for its effect on you, and everything anyone says, whether they agree with you or mock you and disagree with you, is taken as affirmation of yourself and of your idiotic behavior. So go on, keep making my point for me...you don't really have any choice, because this is what you are. You are, essentially, a 1 year old, or a dog, but you can type.

In a "bad year" for the flu, between 50,000 and 100,000 Americans die from the virus. I'm willing to bet that by the end of this year, roughly the same number of people will have died from this virus.

And I'm also willing to bet that there's zero difference in either the total per capita number who become infected and the mortality rate between our country (which ordered a shutdown) and Sweden's, which has refused to order anyone to shut down their business or stay in their homes.

If you accept that the virus had been circulating in our population for months by the time the lock down orders arrived (which is certainly the case) and if you know it's highly contagious, then ordering everyone into their homes in mid-March was closing the barn door when the horses were already long gone.

What does work to control the spread of a novel virus? Herd immunity. Humans have immune systems. They work great, especially in younger people. We can handle viruses.

What we should do is tell older and sicker people to put on a mask. Wear rubber gloves. Avoid crowds at all costs. Avoid hospitals. Stay home whenever you can.

We should have told everyone else: Go about your lives. Yes, we should also add that some of you – probably about 20% – are going to get this novel coronavirus this year. (Normally about 9% of the population gets the flu every year... so your chances of catching COVID-19 this year are about double what you'd normally face with the regular flu.)

And if you get it, it's probably going to suck. But the younger you are and the healthier you are, the more likely it is that you won't have any symptoms at all.

So, let's not cancel school. Let's let the kids go and get exposed to this virus when they are young, when they can handle it, and when they can quickly develop immunity.

That's the best way to build the herd immunity we need – allow everyone who can manage the virus to get exposed. As quickly as possible. After all, the sooner the herd immunity we need develops naturally, the safer we will all be. Deaths are now projected at 60k?

I am in agreement.....after we get testing in place.
How much longer before the blob gets testing in place?
Testing is irrelevant. As Fauci said you would have to test someone daily to be certain and that is not feasible and antibody testing is highly flawed.

Testing is NOT irrelevant according to 99% of our doctors and scientists.

EVrG9OJXgAUomjb.jpg
After listening to Fauci it is.

In a "bad year" for the flu, between 50,000 and 100,000 Americans die from the virus. I'm willing to bet that by the end of this year, roughly the same number of people will have died from this virus.

And I'm also willing to bet that there's zero difference in either the total per capita number who become infected and the mortality rate between our country (which ordered a shutdown) and Sweden's, which has refused to order anyone to shut down their business or stay in their homes.

If you accept that the virus had been circulating in our population for months by the time the lock down orders arrived (which is certainly the case) and if you know it's highly contagious, then ordering everyone into their homes in mid-March was closing the barn door when the horses were already long gone.

What does work to control the spread of a novel virus? Herd immunity. Humans have immune systems. They work great, especially in younger people. We can handle viruses.

What we should do is tell older and sicker people to put on a mask. Wear rubber gloves. Avoid crowds at all costs. Avoid hospitals. Stay home whenever you can.

We should have told everyone else: Go about your lives. Yes, we should also add that some of you – probably about 20% – are going to get this novel coronavirus this year. (Normally about 9% of the population gets the flu every year... so your chances of catching COVID-19 this year are about double what you'd normally face with the regular flu.)

And if you get it, it's probably going to suck. But the younger you are and the healthier you are, the more likely it is that you won't have any symptoms at all.

So, let's not cancel school. Let's let the kids go and get exposed to this virus when they are young, when they can handle it, and when they can quickly develop immunity.

That's the best way to build the herd immunity we need – allow everyone who can manage the virus to get exposed. As quickly as possible. After all, the sooner the herd immunity we need develops naturally, the safer we will all be. Deaths are now projected at 60k?

Testing is irrelevant. As Fauci said you would have to test someone daily to be certain and that is not feasible and antibody testing is highly flawed.

EVrG9OJXgAUomjb.jpg

No my friend - NO

Far more Americans are placing their trust in what White House infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo are saying about the health crisis than what Donald Trump is saying, according to a new poll from NBC News/Wall Street Journal.​
Three out of every five Americans told pollsters they trust what Mr Fauci says about coronavirus, which has claimed the lives of at least 39,000 people in the US as of Sunday. Only 8 percent do not trust the public statements of Mr Fauci, a longtime White House pandemic adviser who has served both Republican and Democratic administrations.​

That’s been the common sense view for over a month already.

EVrG9OJXgAUomjb.jpg

No my friend - NO

Far more Americans are placing their trust in what White House infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo are saying about the health crisis than what Donald Trump is saying, according to a new poll from NBC News/Wall Street Journal.​
Three out of every five Americans told pollsters they trust what Mr Fauci says about coronavirus, which has claimed the lives of at least 39,000 people in the US as of Sunday. Only 8 percent do not trust the public statements of Mr Fauci, a longtime White House pandemic adviser who has served both Republican and Democratic administrations.​

I watched Fauci live. He said testing is futile for all intents and purposes. We would have to test everyone daily. That is nearly impossible. Herd immunity is the answer. I do Not need news articles. My own ears heard it and Birx basically confirmed it. Listen to yesterday’s press conference yourself.

I am Paraphrasing but that is what he said.
No, he didn't.

But here are some things he has actually said, not filtered through a cloudy lens of trump cultism:

"In the beginning, it was a slow start. But right now that the commercial firms have gotten involved we really have caught up and we will be seeing a much more improved system with regard to the availability and the implementation of testing," Fauci said.

"There will be enough tests to begin reopening the US."

"The keys are to make sure that we have in place the things that were not in place in January, that we have the capability of mobilizing identification — testing — identification, isolation, contact tracing," Fauci said. "There will be cases. We've got to be able to act on them in a very deliberate way that doesn't allow us to get into the situation we find ourselves right now."

EVrG9OJXgAUomjb.jpg

No my friend - NO

I watched Fauci live. He said testing is futile for all intents and purposes. We would have to test everyone daily. That is nearly impossible. Herd immunity is the answer. I do Not need news articles. My own ears heard it and Birx basically confirmed it. Listen to yesterday’s press conference yourself.

It is my personal opinion that you have mischaracterized what the good doctor actually said.
And I shall pass on yesterday's clown show. The lowlights were enough. ;)

"The coronavirus is just the flu."

I ran the numbers for a few more states. I looked up the number of deaths from the flu by state over several years.

On average, there have been about about 4,700 deaths per year in New York from the flu. New York had about 4,700 deaths from covid-19 in the last week.

Louisiana has averaged about 790 deaths per year from the flu. Louisiana had about 790 deaths from covid-19 in the last 13 days.

New Jersey has averaged about 1,330 deaths per year from the flu. They've had 1,600 deaths in the last 5 days!!!

Michigan has averaged 1bout 1,820 deaths per year from the flu. They have had about 1,820 deaths from covid-19 in the last 16 days.

Honestly I did not realize the problem of testing in that if I’m negative today I well may be positive in a day or two .
I like the research the Indian doctor at Stanford who is researching how many people period have had the disease but it went unnoticed . It’s been my contention that it blew through most of us a while ago. He was live and said he needs another week but he’s certain at least 50% of us have had it up to a maximum of 85%.
When his results are out the MSM will hide it on page 36.

Last edited:
I am Paraphrasing but that is what he said.
No, he didn't.

But here are some things he has actually said, not filtered through a cloudy lens of trump cultism:

"In the beginning, it was a slow start. But right now that the commercial firms have gotten involved we really have caught up and we will be seeing a much more improved system with regard to the availability and the implementation of testing," Fauci said.

"There will be enough tests to begin reopening the US."

"The keys are to make sure that we have in place the things that were not in place in January, that we have the capability of mobilizing identification — testing — identification, isolation, contact tracing," Fauci said. "There will be cases. We've got to be able to act on them in a very deliberate way that doesn't allow us to get into the situation we find ourselves right now."
Post the full transcript. Everything with you is about Trump. Your TDS is off the charts and then post what Birx said.

EVrG9OJXgAUomjb.jpg

No my friend - NO

It is my personal opinion that you have mischaracterized what the good doctor actually said.
Please post the full transcript and read for yourself. I think I am spot on

We knew and said from day 1 that liberals would cheer the lockdown as an overwhelming success. It’s a fake win win because there is no comparison nor contrast to be able to compare or refute.
Very very weak sauce on your self fullfilling congratulatory prophecy.

Earlier, without mitigation, the number of infected doubled about every three days.

These days, with mitigation given some time, the doubling time grew to about two weeks, and is still growing.

Since nothing else of any import changed, social distancing, stay at home, and a partial lockdown cut the infection rate to about 20% of its former size.

That's not prophecy, that's data. Small wonder, you stayed as far clear as you possibly could.

EVrG9OJXgAUomjb.jpg

No my friend - NO

There is often a big difference between what is said and what is heard among Trump supporters.

They hear what they want to hear. A lot.

Forum List

Back