We have an art crisis, white men.

cnelsen

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Washington, DC
So, I'm sitting in the airport in Minneapolis listening to my phone shuffle through current pop charts and, once again, noticing the difference between the lyrics generally of white artists and black artists (no yellow, red, or brown artists were included, for whatever reason).

If I had to reduce the overall tenor of the two groups to one word each, I'd set

whites: defeating
blacks: chest-beating

Here are a couple of lyric examples picked at random but typical, it seems to me:

Chainsmokers:

I'm fucked up, I'm faded,
I'm so complicated,
I gave up three times this week
Those feelings I'm worth nothin'
I'm so soft, ... [and so on]

G Eazy and Kehlani:

I bought the crib and put it in escrow so you never have to worry (Mom)
We put the good in the good life
I'm alright
I toast to success
This champagne tastes better on jets
Life's only getting greater... [and so on]

As a white man, here is my take on that:

Some would argue that black and white artists are simply reacting to the reality around us. And, I suppose, by any measure it is arguable that black men (speaking of the US) are victors and white men (not including Jews) have lost.

Art, to be Art, needs to say something true about the human condition, of course, but Art is not simply a mirror. The artist's reality must, necessarily, pass through the artist's emotions and it is his or her particular reality that makes it interesting to humans in general. Therefore, the defeatism of the white artists is self-fulfilling.

I believe the old aphorism, "Art is the master for whom Science toils". Without Art (leaving Religion aside for this discussion), we would be animals consuming for the sake of reproducing like any other living creature. Art informs our desires in a way that frees us from the mere animal nature. Artists create the world for us. This means artists have an important role to play if white men are going to ever be able to raise ourselves from the ashes of defeat.

White men have been the most creative force in human history. It would be a tragedy if those who mold our perceptions of ourselves as defeated win.

So, I'm sitting in the airport in Minneapolis listening to my phone shuffle through current pop charts and, once again, noticing the difference between the lyrics generally of white artists and black artists (no yellow, red, or brown artists were included, for whatever reason).

If I had to reduce the overall tenor of the two groups to one word each, I'd set

Here are a couple of lyric examples picked at random but typical, it seems to me:

Chainsmokers:

I'm so complicated,

G Eazy and Kehlani:

I'm alright
I toast to success

Some would argue that black and white artists are simply reacting to the reality around us. And, I suppose, by any measure it is arguable that black men (speaking of the US) are victors and white men (not including Jews) have lost.

Art, to be Art, needs to say something true about the human condition, of course, but Art is not simply a mirror. The artist's reality must, necessarily, pass through the artist's emotions and it is his or her particular reality that makes it interesting to humans in general. Therefore, the defeatism of the white artists is self-fulfilling.

I believe the old aphorism, "Art is the master for whom Science toils". Without Art (leaving Religion aside for this discussion), we would be animals consuming for the sake of reproducing like any other living creature. Art informs our desires in a way that frees us from the mere animal nature. Artists create the world for us. This means artists have an important role to play if white men are going to ever be able to raise ourselves from the ashes of defeat.

White men have been the most creative force in human history. It would be a tragedy if those who mold our perceptions of ourselves as defeated win.
African American men spent hundreds of years on this continent being treated as animals. White men spend hundreds of years believing they were so superior that this was acceptable. Looks like the black guys are really enjoying freedom and the white guys got knocked off of their high horse mending their wounds.

Chainsmokers:

I'm so complicated,

G Eazy and Kehlani:

I'm alright
I toast to success

African American men spent hundreds of years on this continent being treated as animals. White men spend hundreds of years believing they were so superior that this was acceptable. Looks like the black guys are really enjoying freedom and the white guys got knocked off of their high horse mending their wounds.

If blacks are doing good they will F it up, it's in there DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainsmokers:

I'm so complicated,

G Eazy and Kehlani:

I'm alright
I toast to success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spoken like a true racist. Your mother/aunt will be proud.

• Banned

Chainsmokers:

I'm so complicated,

G Eazy and Kehlani:

I'm alright
I toast to success

Actually – historically speaking – it is black Africa’s heritage is to have enslaved black people and delivered control of their bodies to others; America’s heritage is to have liberated them.

The historical reality is actually this: slavery had existed for 3000 years in every country but was never proclaimed immoral until white Christian males in England and America did so towards the end of the 18th Century. In 1776 a new nation dedicated itself to the proposition that all men have a God-given right to liberty that no government can take away. Within 90 years of America’s declaration, slavery was abolished on this continent at the cost of 350,000 mostly white Union lives, and then – thanks to the English and the Americans – throughout the western hemisphere and large parts of Africa. This is the truth the left desperately seeks to suppress so it can justify its attacks on a country that has provided not only blacks but all minorities with privileges, rights and opportunities unprecedented in the history of mankind.

Hatred of America and contempt for its guardians among the police and the military is the social gospel of the left. For nearly half a century this hatred has been the unwavering theme of the “progressive” movement in our universities and our streets and in the Democratic Party; its practical agendas are the destruction of the culture of individual liberty and accountability at home, and America’s retreat abroad. This is what Republicans and all Americans, black and white, should be concerned about and what they should be joining forces to defeat.

• Banned
I have no ill will towards blacks or anyone else based on skin color or some other accident of birth. But I hate with a passion those who have ill will toward my people. White people who buy into the (mainly Jewish sourced) narrative of white guilt, white evil, white defeat are wrong, feckless, shameful, historically ignorant, and pathetic. White artists who buy into it are betraying more than white people, they are betraying humanity and Art itself.

As for white women out there fucking black men, to the extent they are motivated by a desire to hurt daddy, they are using the black men as weapons (never cool), but white men share the blame. What will women find more sexually attractive? The chest-beater? or the navel-gazer whining about how pathetic he is? I mean, c'mon. White artists have a duty to recreate our sexually attractive, strong persona as mean of honor: the white man who created the modern world, in other words, the sexually dominant white man. In addition to saving your people from the looming genocide, women will fuck you again.

Black music is all about vaginas, penises and nipples.
I stopped listening to top 40.

Forum List

Back