We eat way too much fat! Yeah, right.......

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Why You Should Never Eat High Fructose Corn Syrup

In America today, we are eating huge doses of sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup. It is sweeter and cheaper than regular sugar and is in every processed food and sugar-sweetened drink. Purging it from your diet is the single best thing you can do for your health!

In recent history, we've gone from 20 teaspoons of sugar per person per year to about 150 pounds of sugar per person per year. That's a half pound a day for every man, woman, and child in America. The average 20-ounce soda contains 15 teaspoons of sugar, all of it high fructose corn syrup. And when you eat sugar in those doses, it becomes a toxin.

As part of the chemical process used to make high fructose corn syrup, the glucose and fructose -- which are naturally bound together -- become separated. This allows the fructose to mainline directly into your liver, which turns on a factory of fat production in your liver called lipogenesis.

This leads to fatty liver, the most common disease in America today, affecting 90 million Americans. This, in turn, leads to diabesity -- pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes. So, high fructose corn syrup is the real driver of the current epidemic of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, dementia, and of course, Type 2 diabetes.

I'm gonna eat more fatty meats....... and more vegetables...... :cool:

In America today, we are eating huge doses of sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup. It is sweeter and cheaper than regular sugar and is in every processed food and sugar-sweetened drink. Purging it from your diet is the single best thing you can do for your health!

In recent history, we've gone from 20 teaspoons of sugar per person per year to about 150 pounds of sugar per person per year. That's a half pound a day for every man, woman, and child in America. The average 20-ounce soda contains 15 teaspoons of sugar, all of it high fructose corn syrup. And when you eat sugar in those doses, it becomes a toxin.

As part of the chemical process used to make high fructose corn syrup, the glucose and fructose -- which are naturally bound together -- become separated. This allows the fructose to mainline directly into your liver, which turns on a factory of fat production in your liver called lipogenesis.

This leads to fatty liver, the most common disease in America today, affecting 90 million Americans. This, in turn, leads to diabesity -- pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes. So, high fructose corn syrup is the real driver of the current epidemic of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, dementia, and of course, Type 2 diabetes.

Eating a normal amount of fat is not harmful. I have avoided low fat and no fat foods my entire life. I also consume between 3000 and 4000 calories per day. Based on those two facts, you would think that I am probably way overweight and diabetic. I weigh 140 lbs and my cholesterol is under 160. Outside of an occasional soda, the only sweetened thing I drink is sweet tea which I make myself with real sugar. I use one cup per gallon which equates to 3 teaspoons per 8 oz glass.

Eating a normal amount of fat is not harmful. I have avoided low fat and no fat foods my entire life. I also consume between 3000 and 4000 calories per day. Based on those two facts, you would think that I am probably way overweight and diabetic. I weigh 140 lbs and my cholesterol is under 160. Outside of an occasional soda, the only sweetened thing I drink is sweet tea which I make myself with real sugar. I use one cup per gallon which equates to 3 teaspoons per 8 oz glass.

Some fats are good for you. they used to say do not eat avacados because they have fat in them. Avacados are healthy eating.

Today's foods are specially formulated with fat, sugar, and salt to be addictive. In the brain they create narcotic-like effects so some brands' that say "You can't eat just one" aren't kidding.

I wonder too if 14 years of war is having a stress effect on people and they're naturally seeking more comfort-food than they would in times of peace.

It Doesn't Take Much Sugar for It to Wreak Havoc on Your Body | Alternet

Nicolette Hahn Niman, author of Righteous Porkchop, just coined a new catchphrase that ought to go viral: “Sugar is NOT just an empty calorie.”

Her statement contradicts the notion we’ve had for years that the worst thing about sugar is its lack of nutrients. Either you’re eating sugar in addition to all of the calories you need to stay healthy, or you’re eating it instead of them. In the former case, you’re getting too many calories; in the latter, you’re getting too few nutrients. This idea is so dominant it was recently cited in an anti-sugar op-ed in the Guardian.

Even if that was the case, we’re eating too much sugar. Or, more specifically, too much added sugar. Sugars that are naturally present in whole foods like fruit are okay; it’s the sugar added to whole foods that we must worry about. Previously, the World Health Organization said we should limit consumption of added sugars to 10 percent of calories. Even then, more than seven in 10 Americans ate too much sugar. On average, about 15 percent of our calories came from added sugars.

But now WHO is considering cutting its recommendation in half. That means limiting sugar consumption to five teaspoons, the amount found in half a can of soda. The American Heart Association has long recommended that women limit added sugars to six teaspoons and men stick with nine or less. (For those looking for a loophole, this means all added sugars, including so-called healthier sweeteners like maple syrup, agave, honey, or even fruit juice.)

Niman was examining the health impacts of sugar at the same time as WHO. In researching and writing her latest book, she dug into studies that found evidence sugar does more than just lack nutrients. “The sugar is going to actually damage your body. It’s not just that you’re not going to get the nutrients,” she said.

Fat has never been the problem.

The biggest problem is lack of exercise, more so than anything we eat. Kids in school who exercise and are highly active will eat a lot. I know because when I was in high school, I ate over 6000 calories per day.

Eating fat does not make you fat.

It's the insulin response that stores fat in the body. When you mix carbohydrates and simple sugars with fats you get fat.

Keep your insulin levels low by limiting carbs and you can have 70% of your calories come from fats and still maintain or even lose weight.

Right on! And add lots of salt!

I am definitely not a doctor, but from what I have seen, the only people who have trouble with salt are those who already have high blood pressure. I eat a lot of salt and my BP is 110/65 at age 50.

65 is a bit low?
Maybe drink more water?

Feeling tired and a bit light-headed?

Not at all. Why would I? My BP is fantastic. My resting heart rate is under 50. Do you even know anything about blood pressure?

So I defend you and your response is to attack me. Maybe you do need to get something checked.

Forum List

Back