“We as a church need to get on our faces before God in repentance”

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
So Says PeeDough's Pappy. It's amazing the lengths a lying, crooked politician will go for political reasons. All that bible thumping when anyone who's ever read the new testament knows that Jesus spoke against the rich and powerful.....exactly what the bible thumping Right is seeking and for which they'll sacrifice just about anything. I wonder what Jesus would have said about people spending hundreds of millions of dollars for their desire to be a politician while in the world nearly a billion, mostly children are starving and suffering from malnutrition:

So Says PeeDough's Pappy. It's amazing the lengths a lying, crooked politician will go for political reasons. All that bible thumping when anyone who's ever read the new testament knows that Jesus spoke against the rich and powerful.....exactly what the bible thumping Right is seeking and for which they'll sacrifice just about anything. I wonder what Jesus would have said about people spending hundreds of millions of dollars for their desire to be a politician while in the world nearly a billion, mostly children are starving and suffering from malnutrition:

Yeah.....I didn't anticipate a lot of response to this one.

Maybe if you weren't just writing a hit piece and had any genuine concern on the topic people might be interested.

Also helps if you give it more than an hour before you claim no one will respond.

He might have mentioned something about corrupt local governments and the tribal warlords keeping children from getting food and medical care, more than Western politicians being politicians. It isn't our job to provide for those who don't even attempt to provide for themselves.

He might have mentioned something about corrupt local governments and the tribal warlords keeping children from getting food and medical care, more than Western politicians being politicians. It isn't our job to provide for those who don't even attempt to provide for themselves.

I suppose you must have run across some scripture I missed:

Isa 58:7 I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor, and destitute. Clothe those who are cold, and don't hide from relatives who need your help.

Isa. 58:8 "If you do these things, God will shed his own glorious light upon you. He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward, goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind.

Isa. 58:9 Then, when you call, the Lord will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors!

Isa. 58:10 "Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day.

Isa. 58:11 And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.

2 Cor. 9:7 Everyone must make up his own mind as to how much he should give. Don't force anyone to give more than he really wants to, for cheerful givers are the ones God prizes.

2 Cor. 9:8 God is able to make it up to you by giving you everything you need and more so that there will not only be enough for your own needs but plenty left over to give joyfully to others.

2 Cor. 9:9 It is as the Scriptures say: "The godly man gives generously to the poor. His good deeds will be an honor to him forever."

2 Cor. 9:10 For God, who gives seed to the farmer to plant, and later on good crops to harvest and eat, will give you more and more seed to plant and will make it grow so that you can give away more and more fruit from your harvest.

2 Cor. 9:11 Yes, God will give you much so that you can give away much, and when we take your gifts to those who need them they will break out into thanksgiving and praise to God for your help.

2 Cor. 9:12 So two good things happen as a result of your gifts--those in need are helped, and they overflow with thanks to God.

2 Cor. 9:13 Those you help will be glad not only because of your generous gifts to themselves and to others, but they will praise God for this proof that your deeds are as good as your doctrine.

2 Cor. 9:14 And they will pray for you with deep fervor and feeling because of the wonderful grace of God shown through you.

New testament, old testament, both are in accord.
Jesus had nothing against being rich or powerful. He recognized that this is the way of the world. The uses of that power and wealth are what he spoke to.

It isn't our job to provide for those who don't even attempt to provide for themselves.
A typical rightwing christer answer
so all the poor don't want to provide for themselves?

It isn't our job to provide for those who don't even attempt to provide for themselves.
A typical rightwing christer answer
so all the poor don't want to provide for themselves?

Remember how well US intervention in feeding people in Somalia went? It is not the responsibility of the US to provide for any country besides the US, unless you really want to start talking about permanent interventions and colonialism, because that is the only way to get things done in places run by warlords or corrupt governments.

Forum List

Back