We are so fuct.

And you can offer no answer to my questions about it to make me UNDERSTAND what you are claiming its REALLY about?

You dont like the implications of your own thread and now are trying to figure a way out of the discussion.

default to personal insult.

Which do you think is better for a US factory worker...

6,000 Chinese with $7 Billion to spend,

or

7 Billion Chinese with $60,000 to spend?​

Better in what way? If you mean better as in a growing economy than share the wealth. Let the middle class expand. But the problem is that the middle class consumes far more resources for every dollar they earn than billionaires do. As the BRIC nation's general standard of living increases, and the west's general standard declines, resource consumption will go vertical.

And since that isn't sustainable some compromise must be reached in order to hold societies together.

or

Same situation we face here in The USA, thanks to our corporate and wealth driven politics.

If the Chinese leadership can pull off a gentle but meaningful loosening of the purse strings of their aristocracy, and do it without damaging too much infrastructure in the process, then kudos. If they can do it before the US congress pulls its collective head out of its short-sighted ass, then they do indeed get to rule the next economy, but right now it's still a toss up.

First major economy to pull it off gets to rule the world.

Exciting times, eh?

the problem for them is not the economics I think its the gov., in that to engage in a truly free wheeling free market economy the totalitarianism of the gov. is going to have to take a back seat.

There will be failures, big ones and there will be successes, the issue is will they sit still for failure or criticism or interrupt or take over, which would just stunt the or muck up the gears of entrepreneurship, oligarchs aren't good at managing blame like democracy's with a higher calling and with no citizenry to answer to, failure or dealing with it, the Chinese ruling elite all have the knifes out for each other, its a dog eat dog and shark eat shark mechansim and will they will use any failure against the higher man on the ladder......

And then of course the biggey comes in, mankind's innate belief that they are entitled to their share of their labor and the rewards/awards that brings, this is NOT a sine qua non of totalitarian gov.

The biggest advantage China has in the race to rule the next economy is the exact same thing as their biggest liability.

The money we owe them.

I truly believe that in the next few years we're going to end up fucking them on that debt, and there won't be a damn thing they can do about it.

When that happens, colonialism will have finally ended and our children will begin their reach for the stars.

I love when I live! :rock:

And you can offer no answer to my questions about it to make me UNDERSTAND what you are claiming its REALLY about?

You dont like the implications of your own thread and now are trying to figure a way out of the discussion.

default to personal insult.

I cannot explain to you what the implications of China's long-term economic policies are on Scott Walker, or public unions in the US, or my personal political preferences.

I also cannot explain to you what the implications are on Lady GaGa's tour schedule.

Because they aren't fucking related.

Better in what way? If you mean better as in a growing economy than share the wealth. Let the middle class expand. But the problem is that the middle class consumes far more resources for every dollar they earn than billionaires do. As the BRIC nation's general standard of living increases, and the west's general standard declines, resource consumption will go vertical.

And since that isn't sustainable some compromise must be reached in order to hold societies together.

It is all about the compromise.

That is inevitable, because China is too powerful for any country in the world to now say "Hey, Charlie......hang on a second......help a brother out, here"

Those days are gone.

The shift to our new position (and every other economy's exact same dilemma) is going to pivot on accepting and migrating to an entirely new strategy.

In my mind, and I have no clue how to get there, we better find some liquidity fast, or the train will have left the station when we show up with our ticket.

I don't know how we absorb the bonds, but I've long suspected we simply default (I think the Chinese have too). If that transition can be managed, we have a real opportunity, if China will choose us over some other ally.

Union busting and reducing the wages Americans get paied have nothing to do with each other?

This is why you want the unions busted and the right has stated this plain as day.

American teachers make too much and we need to lower their pay.

You people have been saying this for some time now.

The Amnerican workers real pay has declined for years now and the right jsut keep trying to push it down over and over again.

They want the American worker leveled with the rest of the world including the third world.

You keep supporting their efforts.

China Promises Sweeping Economic Change - FoxNews.com

Sure, it could be a GOOD thing.....for our grandchildren and great grandchildren.

But webefuct until then.

The Chinese are officially the world's new USA. We better get on board, and fast.

I prefer this China to the China under Mao

China has made tremendous strides in the last ten years. But they are a long way from being the US. They have an economy about the size of ours but have five times the population. They have 600 million peole who are still peasants. No electricity, no water no sanitation.
China needs to make tremendous investments in its infrastructure. They still have a lot of catching up to do

They're like a huge corporation whose leadership is learning the value of ALL its assets and beginning to work toward a long-term vision.

They're going to be impossible to beat in the race - and we shouldn't try... this is a race where getting everyone to the finish line and passing valuable infrastructure along to Momma's next generation of Little Bastards is truly more important than who in the short term 'wins'.

The biggest advantage China has in the race to rule the next economy is the exact same thing as their biggest liability.

The money we owe them.

I truly believe that in the next few years we're going to end up fucking them on that debt, and there won't be a damn thing they can do about it.

When that happens, colonialism will have finally ended and our children will begin their reach for the stars.

I love when I live! :rock:

I think you're all over a BIG piece of the puzzle here.....

I've long suspected that China and the US BOTH have known we will ultimately default on the bonds, and I think everyone that matters is fine with that, as long as the political power shifts appropriately for the Chinese to stomach the loss (the actual $$$ won't be an unmanageable scenario for them).

My curiosity is driven by wondering what our new position will be, and wondering how much of that is completely in our hands, and how much will be ordained by the Chinese.

they're like a huge corporation whose leadership is learning the value of all its assets and beginning to work toward a long-term vision.

They're going to be impossible to beat in the race - and we shouldn't try... This is a race where getting everyone to the finish line and passing valuable infrastructure along to momma's next generation of little bastards is truly more important than who in the short term 'wins'.

^^^^jackpot^^^^

Yeap we need to fix what we need to fix to make American lives better in the future.

Time to quit saying the wealthy are too vulnerable to help this country grow.

They can withstand a tax hike and if they cant then Chinna will kill them anyway.

Anyone who thinks American corps owe nothing to the American people are sadly mistaken.

They dont get a voice (avalances of money they can spend in our elections) without getting the bill.

the problem for them is not the economics I think its the gov., in that to engage in a truly free wheeling free market economy the totalitarianism of the gov. is going to have to take a back seat.

There will be failures, big ones and there will be successes, the issue is will they sit still for failure or criticism or interrupt or take over, which would just stunt the or muck up the gears of entrepreneurship, oligarchs aren't good at managing blame like democracy's with a higher calling and with no citizenry to answer to, failure or dealing with it, the Chinese ruling elite all have the knifes out for each other, its a dog eat dog and shark eat shark mechansim and will they will use any failure against the higher man on the ladder......

And then of course the biggey comes in, mankind's innate belief that they are entitled to their share of their labor and the rewards/awards that brings, this is NOT a sine qua non of totalitarian gov.

My immediate concern is the shift of he world's largest supply economy to, what apparently is being entertained, the world's largest consumer.

That is going to put a lot of countries out of business, and is going to shift entire economies from one sector/objective to the complete opposite side of the spectrum.

This is an opportunity for ALL economies to prosper, but the frightening aspect for me is, if China does indeed shift to services and consumerism, it is also an edict to all economies that if you don't react quickly, efficiently, and wisely, you will be reduced to a bottom feeder.

They are going to cash in the bonds soon enough.

We need to figure out how to start lending THEM money, or find a shark to attach ourselves to.

:wtf:

Explain to me how having BILLIONS more consumers with disposable income on the planet will be bad for nations or corporations who manufacture consumables.

7 Billion people with disposable income is a producers wet dream, and America is a land of proven producers. So is Germany and 1 or 2 other Euro-zoners.

Explain in detail how this is a bad thing.

Yeap we need to fix what we need to fix to make American lives better in the future.

Time to quit saying the wealthy are too vulnerable to help this country grow.

They can withstand a tax hike and if they cant then Chinna will kill them anyway.

Anyone who thinks American corps owe nothing to the American people are sadly mistaken.

They dont get a voice (avalances of money they can spend in our elections) without getting the bill.

If you're going to remain off-topic but stay in the thread, how about posting recipes, or scores, or something we can fucking use?

TIA

China Promises Sweeping Economic Change - FoxNews.com

Sure, it could be a GOOD thing.....for our grandchildren and great grandchildren.

But webefuct until then.

The Chinese are officially the world's new USA. We better get on board, and fast.

Folks in the know are predicting that foreign investments in China's growth will return about 15%/year for the next 5 years.

I have long term stock in the Chinese market. I'm expecting a new house out of the deal when I retire and right now it's looking like a pretty nice house.

:wtf:

Explain to me how having BILLIONS more consumers with disposable income on the planet will be bad for nations or corporations who manufacture consumables.

7 Billion people with disposable income is a producers wet dream, and America is a land of proven producers. So is Germany and 1 or 2 other Euro-zoners.

Explain in detail how this is a bad thing.

I don't think it is....not at all......

But its how we get *back* to filling that niche as a supplier of hard goods, and not technology and services that is my immediate concern. I have no doubt that if China does proceed, and is actually able to make the "shift" in their economy, that it will be a boom for American manufacturing. My concern there is that we stay ahead of the curve, ahead of all the other countries who will also race to fill that demand.

But here is the Catch 22:

We owe them a shitload of money.

We need money to invest in our own manufacturing processes to get them up to scale to handle the shift *back* to a supplier more so than a consumer.

We're flipping roles, but we're not fiscally in the same position we were when the current roles were negotiated.

This is sort of what I was getting at earlier.....that if we can position ourselves advantageously (and a LOT of that is work that will already have been done, "behind the scenes" with China's blessing), we could come out smelling like a rose.....after a generation of some suffering.

I suppose at its most simplest, my argument is that we will no longer be the top of the food chain, so we need to strategize (is that a word?), negotiate, or just plain old kiss ass to insure that we're attached to the King of the Species.

They're going to drive the bus if they do what they're hinting at. We need to position ourselves to navigate, at least.

or

Back the truck up and :eusa_think:

How you would answer the simple question of:

or

Think about the guy on the slime line in Alaska canning salmon.

Think about the woman who inspects new Ford Trucks before they're shipped.

Think about the Night Auditor at the Marriott in LA.

Think about the couple who run the bar and sandwich shop next to the Honda factory in Ohio.

Now,

Which do you think is better for the US,

6,000 Chinese with $7 Billion each to spend,

or

7 Billion Chinese with $60,000 each to spend?​

If the executives and line workers alike at Ford and BMW don't have big, throbbing boners over this, they need to find a new line of work.

Last edited:
7 Billion Chinese with $60,000 to spend?[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Think about the couple who run the bar and sandwich shop next to the Honda factory in Ohio.

Now,

or

If the executives and line workers alike at Ford and BMW don't have big, throbbing boners over this, they need to find a new line of work.

You bring up another very good point, and another interesting wrinkle:

(Speaking strictly from a US perspective)

Manufacturing in the US has increasingly moved outside the country, primarily driven by the cost of labor. While corporations will obviously adapt as quickly as possible to fill demand, the labor employed will remain heavily outside the borders, while the profits come rolling in. It is logical that a good portion of those profits will be reinvested in increased production. But where?

We've got to figure out how to make that production happen HERE, which is not the trend of late, in order to capitalize most efficiently. Same for the Germans.

Big Industries will make the shift quickly, I believe. But what of small business.....to me.....that is where the real opportunities lie, and the real challenges....and ultimately, the success or failure, in a global positioning sense.

Its a VERY complex problem, it really is. There is a trickle down (don't anyone get too excited :) that has to be weathered. That is the basis for my "generation of suffering/sacrifice" comments. It won't happen overnight, but the economy that gets that part of the problem solved the fastest will be the winner.

That needs to be us, but then, we also have that "we owe China a buttload of money" thing hanging around our neck too.

The American people are already suffering.

The right has managed to shift a huge chunk of the wealth to themselves over the last decade or two by controling our politicians with money.

They have made it easier for corps to enjoy what America has to offer while avoiding any of the costs of doing business in the US.

When will the American CEO care as much about America as the average Joe American?

Oh yeah that right their only reason for exsisting is profit , maybe we should not be trusting these people to act in America interests then.

Maybe we should exact our care out of them by taxing them at a reasonable level.

The American people are already suffering.

The right has managed to shift a huge chunk of the wealth to themselves over the last decade or two by controlling our politicians with money.

They have made it easier for corps to enjoy what America has to offer while avoiding any of the costs of doing business in the US.

When will the American CEO care as much about America as the average Joe American?

Oh yeah that right their only reason for existing is profit , maybe we should not be trusting these people to act in America interests then.

Maybe we should exact our care out of them by taxing them at a reasonable level.

Although most of the problem children DO tend to lean to the right in the American political wind, The Right, per se, is not as much of a problem as those with no political agenda other than to consolidate power and wealth into fewer and fewer hands.

Not even every uber-wealthy person is part of the problem - Bill and Melinda Gates are a fine example of what to do if you win at the game of Life in America.

or

Back the truck up and :eusa_think:

How you would answer the simple question of:

or

Now,

or

I can't answer for the line workers, but we both know what the execs want.

As for the lower classes in both nations: If world wide demand for already scarce resources goes because another third of the world is employed at low wage, low skilled jobs in the developing world then workers in the US are fucked. We already pay about 3-4 times as much for many or most commodities and products than folks do in the developing world.

The line workers in the developing world will end up with more money, but it won't buy much more than they had before. The line workers in the US will see declining purchasing power coupled with declining real wages. Much as we are now, and much as line workers in the developing world are now. Hence the austerity riots, food riots, civil unrest and Wisconsin protests.

(Speaking strictly from a US perspective)

Manufacturing in the US has increasingly moved outside the country, primarily driven by the cost of labor. While corporations will obviously adapt as quickly as possible to fill demand, the labor employed will remain heavily outside the borders, while the profits come rolling in. It is logical that a good portion of those profits will be reinvested in increased production. But where?

We've got to figure out how to make that production happen HERE, which is not the trend of late, in order to capitalize most efficiently. Same for the Germans.

I agree, but good luck with that. Now that the world is no longer buying our toxic securities and bogus financial assets the bulk of our exports are in the form of raw materials and food. We can't make anything anymore that isn't made from Chinese parts and with Chinese tools.

We don't have an economy anymore.

Somebody on this board is fond of dissing the Chinese economy because 100% of their GDP increase in the last decade came from growth.

Great, but MORE than 100% of the US GDP increase also came from growth over the last 20 years. Growth has been our biggest industry since WWII.

And we aren't growing anymore. We may be shrinking from an honest book keeping pov.

Forum List

Back