“We are now in an era when you have to engage in false statements." Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dcbl, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,769
    I think some in the 'mainstream' media noticed how well tabloids were selling despite the crazy stories they wrote. Once in a great while, they'd hit on the truth, but that was never the goal.

Aside from the money made, it was a way to take advantage of people who were getting more 'dumbed down' by the day.

Look at some of the protesters and whiners. They riot, scream, or cry, almost on cue.

Propaganda, indoctrination and even brain washing have been around forever and used by many notorious rulers in the past. When you have a radical agenda and would rather that people didn't pay attention to what you're doing, I suppose throwing some bait out to get the focus elsewhere is a handy tool. And the tools who have the nerve to call themselves reporters are nothing but henchmen following orders.

2. dcbl

dcbl Good guys wear white hats

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,469
    no - the guy made it clear that pageviews is more important than integrity

his publication ran an unverified story that turned out to be proven false and he was defending it, or doubling down on stupid

the correct thing to do would be to acknowledge the mistake, print a retraction and apologize

but you don't care about integrity do you?

and you're one of those that would tell me that Trump "asked Russia to hack Hillary" - aren't you? And then turn around and defend a statement like this...

It's OK to admit it; we already know you aren't that bright

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. owebo

owebo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,618
    Worse....he doesn't have the education not to believe it.....

4. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,331
    Obama commented yesterday that the only thing he did wrong, was to lose the PR battle.

Incredible. These Democrats are still convinced that their problem was that people didn't know what they were intending and doing.

No, Demmies, your problem was that people DID know what you were intending and doing, after seeing 8 years of it.

And they knew far better than you how useless and destructive it was. As I said earlier, when you "have to engage in false statements" (i.e. when you lie all the time), people eventually start seeing through you. And then they never believe anything you say even afterward, and kick you out of office as soon as they can. Which is exactly what they did in November 2016.