“We are now in an era when you have to engage in false statements." Really?

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
Thread title is a quote from The Guardian, 2nd to last paragraph.

This is more than just a little troubling, this is downright outrageous.

To be fair, BuzzFeed was never a source that deserved to be taken too seriously. But for their editor to straight out admit that they were lying and that it is their policy to lie in order to sell their publication? Amazing.

For those of us on the right, this epitomizes why the media is to be taken with a grain of salt. Is it fair to lump the entire media in with a trash publication like BuzzFeed? Probably not. But that is what is happening, has happened & will continue to happen with roughly half the country.

How do you walk back something like this? I don't think they can, if they ever had a chance to be taken seriously as a news organization, that chance is gone now. CNN also got involved with this "fake news" story (although not in quite an as egregious way).

The traditional media needs to condemn this and work towards regaining trust. After the election results came in, we did see publications like The New York Times & Washington Post offer a "mea culpa" of sorts; they acknowledged that they engaged in practices never seen before in an election cycle. Joe Scarborough commented on it on his show on MSNBC.

There are PLENTY of things to criticize Trump on, so why make stuff up or report on things that are unsubstantiated? Dan Rather got fired from CBS for a false report about George Bush - seems that our "traditional/mainstream media" has gone downhill from there.

Well, we've been in an era when Democrats have to engage in false statements. It's been that way for them for years, because they don't dare tell the truth about what they want government to do to us. Normal people would vote them out of office in a blink, if they did that. So they MUST "engage in false statements", or die politically.

Of course, one of the problems with that is, once normal people see them actually trying to DO what they want with government, and they see the disasters that result, the Democrats' false statements won't help them any more. Witness the Nov. 2016 elections as a classic example.

Last edited:
The CIA/White House leaked fake news to fake news organization that is CNN…

It's funny how the tards were okay with Trump getting all the airtime he wanted over a period of years to lie about Obama's birth, but now they are suddenly all up in arms over this.

What goes around, comes around, bitches. I warned you. Many, many times. For years.

You are reaping what you have sown.

There was a blizzard of fake news over Benghazi, and Clinton rape tapes, and a shit ton of other manufactured bullshit. And you tards were not only okay with it, YOU OBEDIENTLY PARROTED IT. For years and years and years.

Reap what you have sown, tards. Reap what you have sown.

It's funny how the tards were okay with Trump getting all the airtime he wanted over a period of years to lie about Obama's birth, but now they are suddenly all up in arms over this.

What goes around, comes around, bitches. I warned you. Many, many times. For years.

You are reaping what you have sown.
60b50c0aeaf5b8e56dd183a8b28e5027.jpg

The 4th estate is in its dying days. People do not trust the media, and these types of blatantly "fake news" stories will only exacerbate and accelerate the inevitable.

There was a blizzard of fake news over Benghazi, and Clinton rape tapes, and a shit ton of other manufactured bullshit. And you tards were not only okay with it, YOU OBEDIENTLY PARROTED IT. For years and years and years.

Reap what you have sown, tards. Reap what you have sown.

Please give us some examples of these fake news stories about Benghazi and Bubba.

I think some in the 'mainstream' media noticed how well tabloids were selling despite the crazy stories they wrote. Once in a great while, they'd hit on the truth, but that was never the goal.

Aside from the money made, it was a way to take advantage of people who were getting more 'dumbed down' by the day.

Look at some of the protesters and whiners. They riot, scream, or cry, almost on cue.

Propaganda, indoctrination and even brain washing have been around forever and used by many notorious rulers in the past. When you have a radical agenda and would rather that people didn't pay attention to what you're doing, I suppose throwing some bait out to get the focus elsewhere is a handy tool. And the tools who have the nerve to call themselves reporters are nothing but henchmen following orders.

You misunderstood what he meant, dipshit.

no - the guy made it clear that pageviews is more important than integrity

his publication ran an unverified story that turned out to be proven false and he was defending it, or doubling down on stupid

the correct thing to do would be to acknowledge the mistake, print a retraction and apologize

but you don't care about integrity do you?

and you're one of those that would tell me that Trump "asked Russia to hack Hillary" - aren't you? And then turn around and defend a statement like this...

It's OK to admit it; we already know you aren't that bright

Obama commented yesterday that the only thing he did wrong, was to lose the PR battle.

Incredible. These Democrats are still convinced that their problem was that people didn't know what they were intending and doing.

No, Demmies, your problem was that people DID know what you were intending and doing, after seeing 8 years of it.

And they knew far better than you how useless and destructive it was. As I said earlier, when you "have to engage in false statements" (i.e. when you lie all the time), people eventually start seeing through you. And then they never believe anything you say even afterward, and kick you out of office as soon as they can. Which is exactly what they did in November 2016.

Forum List

Back